Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:sigh: It's me. I'm the unfun jerk who hates when shows go "sufficiently advanced technology" for several seasons then pull a switcheroo and go "lol now here's magic".

Maybe the comic book genre isn't for you then.

And on that note here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that's a awesome intro.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like Robbie doesn't gently caress around.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yessss

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahaha

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Coulson going full Inspector Gadget.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Simmons taking charge.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Might be a version of Zarathos or Nightmare.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holy poo poo that was amazing

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

So who wants to bet that Fitz's VR brain scanner thing comes into play copying someone for an LMD?

For sure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MrAristocrates posted:

That topped the Lash transformation. So great.

Hell that topped the Hive transformation.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I loved that they took the rocket launcher scene out of the comic for Ghost Rider's intro.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

http://i.imgur.com/j6j6QVy.gifv

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

The best one is still the Undead G-Man from the 1920's, mowing down demon gangsters with his tommy gun alongside loudmouth blazing skull sidekick Knuckles O'Shaugnessy.

Gavok knows the truth.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought Oswalt gave up his acting and comedy career to become a full time whiny poo poo on twitter?

He literally just won an Emmy for his latest comedy special a few days ago.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yes if you're Canadian you must use tags or just not post until it airs in the US. Thems the breaks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mack about to cry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Coulson didn't seem very surprised at Director Jeff's powers. I'm guessing he already knew.

EDIT: Yup, there it is.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Director Jeff is actually right here.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Over the summer the producers said the new Director was a character that went back to the '40s. More than likely he's The Patriot (Jeff Mace). And in the show he's probably a well known war hero that turned out to be activated later as an Inhuman.

mikeraskol posted:

So who were those people on the plane? I couldn't tell, were they the "Congress" members?

No.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah this two weeks thing is kinda absurd. Has any other show ever done this? Return for two episodes and then...skip a whole week?

Yes. This kind of thing happens all the time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spergatory posted:

So who's Eli going to be? I'm pretty sure he's not going to be who he is in the comics, given that in the comics he's the Ghost in Robbie's Ghost Rider. Is he going to be some reinterpretation of a canonical villain or are they just going to go with "Evil Uncle Eli?"

I'd imagine he's a new interpretation of Blackout. The powers of the Dark Force that's he's already displayed, plus his science background matchup pretty well. They've basically given the origin of the original to the Ghost Rider villain with that name.

X-O fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 2, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Wasn't there already a guy called "Blackout" back in Season 1? He was the guy who went after Amy Acker's "Cellist" character.

There have been two Blackouts in Marvel's history. The character you're talking about had the same real name name as the the original version from the comics but not really the same powers. His powers were based on the Darkforce but were different. There's also a Ghost Rider villain named Blackout that is a demon. Eli seems to have the powers of the original Blackout from the comic in that he can make matter and constructs out of Darkforce energy. Also it seems he may have the ability to manipulate or create portals to the Darkforce dimension based on the fact that Coulson and Fitz disappeared after getting zapped by the power during his transformation. Those were powers the original version had in the comics. So even though they used the name of the original in the comics and he was kind of related in a sense to the same thing this one seems to be basically taking his powerset. I doubt he'll be named Blackout but he's basically Blackout.

In the comics Robbie Reyes is not a regular Ghost Rider (He's not a Spirit of Vengeance like Blaze, Ketch, Badalino) like it seems he is in the show. He's just a guy that's possessed by a criminal ghost name Eli Morrow. So it's not like they're not already just picking and choosing names and powers and throwing them into a blender already.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

flosofl posted:

Isn't that Blackheart, son of Mehpisto?

That's a whole separate character. There's also Blackout. He was even in the last Ghost Rider movie.

http://marvel.com/universe/Blackout_(Lilin)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Pyroi posted:

For comics Ghost Rider, can there be multiple Riders at a time, or is there only one at a time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ironside and Kojak were well before my time as well, but I feel like most people would know the references by cultural osmosis just because they are references that get thrown around a lot.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Start-stop scheduling is part of network TV. Just be glad it's a not a show that picks up immediately every episode with this schedule like the first few seasons of 24.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

The Netflix model certainly makes these breaks more noticeable, but AoS's schedule has been ridiculous even by network TV standards. We all watch other shows like Flash and Supergirl week in and week out without any major hitches in its release dates; sure, the winter break is coming up, but that's after nine or ten straight weeks of consistent episodes, capping off with a major mid-season crossover finale. By contrast Agents of SHIELD skipped a week after its second episode of the season. Then it practically takes a whole month off between 11/1 and 11/29. And then it'll probably take another break after two more episodes. That's egregious by any standards.

You're comparing the network model and CW model. Even though CW does breaks too, they don't do them like a normal network. The schedule for this show has been pretty consistent with other network shows I've watched this season. The only reason it feels different this year is because there's no Agent Carter in the middle so that this show doesn't have to have the normal breaks other network shows have.

This show had a one week break after the second episode because of the debate. Then had a three week break with one of those weeks being for an awards show and the other an election. That's not really that bad at all.

X-O fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 24, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Supergirl had the same schedule last year, when it was on CBS. How to Get Away With Murder had ten straight uninterrupted weeks too, just like it always does.

Clearly everyone should just watch shows that I watch. :kiddo:

Might want to look at Supergirl again. It came back from winter break for one episode and then immediately took a week off after being back for only one episode. That's the kind of wacky stuff that happens with network scheduling. Plus it was a slightly shorter season and because of other shows CBS had it ended a whole month before most broadcast shows did in May. How To Get Away With Murder is also a special case because it's a shorter run show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The casting call for Inhumans is out. These are the characters listed

[BRODERICK]Male. 30-40. Caucasian. Can say volumes with just a look. Strong, thoughtful and private, he’s unaccustomed to being questioned or feeling a need to answer to anyone, to an extent that can verge on arrogance. SERIES REGULAR, AEP.

[MARJORIE]Female. 30-40. Caucasian. An elegant and intelligent advisor to her husband, she struggles to find her place outside of their relationship, as others tend to view her as just a pretty face. Strong and resourceful, she’s not afraid to break the rules when the situation demands it. SERIES REGULAR, AEP.

[MARTY]Male. 30-40. Caucasian. Broderick’s younger brother; he is intelligent, charming and articulate. He comes across as a man of the people but secretly covets power. SERIES REGULAR, AEP.

[KEVIN]Male. 30-40. Open. Slight of build, his mind is his greatest asset. Always prepared with a plan, his outlook on life is the glass is always half-empty and often cracked and dirty as well. Though his outlook can be grim he has a droll, dry sense of humor. SERIES REGULAR, AEP.

[GRADY]Male. 25-35. Open. Impetuous and brash, he has serious impulse control issues which frequently get him into trouble whether its women, booze or fighting. He loves life and lives in the moment for better or worse. SERIES REGULAR, AEP.

[CHRISTINE]Female. 18-25 to play 18. Caucasian. Soulful but still learning the ways of the world, she has the arrogance of youth. Impetuous and independent she is also deeply devoted to her family. SERIES REGULAR, AEP.

[TIMOTHY]Male. 25-35. Open. SFXMU required. Supremely athletic. The ultimate picture of cool. He’s calm under pressure and willing to do anything to get the job done.

In order those are clearly Black Bolt, Medusa, Maximus, Karnak, Gorgon, Crystal, and Triton. So basically all the Royals.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

What does SFXMU stand for?

Special FX Makeup.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think this season of Arrow is about on par with this show in storytelling, but this show has much better actors and much better production values. The other CW shows are mostly a joke at this point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Have you been watching season 2 of The Idiots of Tomorrow?

I watched the first episode after they hooked me with Patrick J. Adams as Rex Tyler in the season one finale. Then they killed him immediately so no need to watch further. That and Flash have such incomprehensible stories due to time travel bullshit that it's impossible to watch them and not think about how stupid they are.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah sorry, I don't really care. When Flash introduced time travel I said in the thread right there it was a slippery slope and these writers weren't good enough to handle it and it's basically turned both shows completely unwatchable to me. Someone here recently told me to turn my brain off, but my brain doesn't turn that far off. Time travel ruined the shows and that's pretty much the gist of it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DoctorWhat posted:

if you ever care at all about the mechanics of time travel in any story, your brain is broken. stop caring about it, forever. all "rules" of fiction are fake.

The mechanics of it aren't what bother me. It's the crutch of having it be a constant part of the show. And with those writers a terrible part. Time travel can be handled well. Really well in fact, 12 Monkeys and Travelers are current shows that are based entirely on it and they're great shows. The Flash writers are just really terrible at it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sentinel Red posted:

Did anyone else find while watching it that notAida actually made Aida look less real somehow? It sounds weird to say and maybe it was just a location lighting thing but just comparing their faces something about Aida's complexion and expressions suddenly came off as actually looking artificial compared to her human inspiration.

I think it just really showed how good the actress is doing with Aida since Agnes was much more full of life, you know until she died.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have been assured by BSS that this is good casting. Hope so as Maximus is a integral part of the Inhuman lore. I'm hoping they picked a good guy for the role.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/marvels-inhumans-game-of-thrones-iwan-rheon-star-maximus-abc-series-1201925196/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dracorion posted:

No, it was very much the Framework. The memory was modified to have May and Coulson leaning towards dating each other. This is what I took from it, considering May says she won't see "the psychiatrist" who is very obviously supposed to be Andrew.

That was absolutely not the Framework. That was a flashback detailing how The Superior got his motivation.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Floppychop posted:

Hydra's knockoff Captain America is the Winter Soldier.

They're talking about in the comics. Winter Soldier was a Russian lackey in the comics. He had nothing to do with Hydra. Currently the actual Captain America is secretly working for Hydra to take over the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Wait so the Framework really is just the Matrix (aka the Grid aka the Attic aka)? In the sense that everyone in there is living in the exact same digital world?

That feels like it would be incredibly counterproductive to...y'know, people actually having their ideal, no-regrets lives. In general, having everything you want means someone else not having something that they want, which is exactly how it works in the real world. I feel like it would be more efficient and logical for the Framework to give individual people their own separate, individual ideal worlds.

My impression was you don't get everything you want. I believe they said that your biggest regret is just wiped away. And after that the cards fall where the may. I mean if you got everything you wanted then Simmons wouldn't be in a grave. Also if you got everything you wanted there wouldn't be any danger in dying in the Framework because you wouldn't die.

• Locked thread