Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Actually it'll be Richard Hammond and the first part of the season will be test driving flying cars and the best cheap and cheerful helicarrier you can buy for under a billion pounds.

I'd do a joke about S.T.A.R. in a reasonably priced car, but they're DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
There are as many Ghost Riders as there are things to ride.

There's even a Smokey and the Bandit Ghost Rider.

And a bear. Also, a shark. And Elephant.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 22, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch #1

Bigger:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 22, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Bruceski posted:

She may have thought it affected him and didn't want to give it away.

I hope it's this because I really loving hate it when shows have characters who should drat well know better ignore stuff like that.

"I'm a professional demon hunter and exorcist. Oh, I've started growing horns. Welp, won't tell anyone, I'll just start wearing this jaunty little hat."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
loving Yancy Street.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Where I am yesterday was Tuesday :smuggo:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just noticed at the end, when Robbie opens his car door for Daisy, the locks are in the shapes of tiny skulls :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

mikeraskol posted:

So who were those people on the plane? I couldn't tell, were they the "Congress" members?

I checked this against when they took a selfie with the director and it wasn't them. Also against the people int he director's office when Caulson and May met with him.

But I know we've seen this woman before:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Guy Goodbody posted:

The longer Fitz has to angrily deny that they're actually ghosts, the dumber he's gonna look.

So, you're just going to ignore the boxes full of crazily advanced circuitry? The boxes all the "ghosts" were stored in?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

mastajake posted:

She was the senator on the news show she was watching

Senator Nadeer.

Pronounced "nadir".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, from the point of view of an Inhuman, let's take a look at life under the Accords:

1) Get hunted down by armed SHIELD agents for merely existing
2) Given the option of being a good little Inhuman and doing everything you're told forever or get sent to some hole for the rest of your life
3) Have to wear a manacle watch which records any power use
4) Have your location constantly monitored
5) Have all that information available to any country which signed the Accords and which may or may not want to make you a slave or vivisect you or kill you or just sell the information to the highest bidder.

So, why would anyone with powers agree to this?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just realised the entire watchdog plan would have fallen on its face if YoYo had just stayed upstairs. Or gone for a walk.

I think the voice on the phone with senator Nadeer at the end said they killed 17 inhumans. They black out a bunch of cities, probably killed thousands and injured tens of thousands and killed barely a handful of inhumans.

The plan certainly worked as the largest act of terror in human history, but was utterly pathetic in its primary goal. Talk about bass ackwards.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Never stop doing those gifs :thumbsup:

One question about the episode - so it turns out that the Aussie guy was responsible for the Watchdogs hacking into the :airquote: secure :airquote: server with the list of all the names and up to date locations by, uh, giving them access to his watch.

Who loving designed this system and thought that would be a good idea?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I wonder how much is psychosomatic.

Maybe she just needs a good shrink who doesn't turn into a monster and tries to kill her?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

WhoNeedsAName posted:

I don't remember Lash ever explicitly trying to kill Daisy. It always seemed like he was targeting the inhumans that she was with and, if you believe the whole "inhuman intelligent design" thing, he was there to prevent the worthy from falling/ rescue those who had.

True, but he did spend a lot of time "treating" her. Who knows how many ways he hosed her up.

I'm picturing him as a Hannibal figure, but without the kickass suits.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Who are the Bella twins? Are they Kardashians of some kind?

EDIT - nope. Google tells me they're wrestlers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
And it'll turn out that Daisy is actually Coulson's daughter. Then two episodes later she won't be.

Then someone will trap her in a distopian future and leave her there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Blazing Ownager posted:

She'd not saying she's blow him on purpose, she's saying she'd blow him in unwillingly if she's put in that position,

Are we seriously no longer doing "phrasing"?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Can someone remind me how the terrigen crystals got into the ocean in the first place? I think it was Shield's/Daisy's fault, but can't quite focus the memory.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
After watching tonight's episode, I've come to the conclusion that the younger brother in the wheelchair is a bit of a twat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
No, he was being a twat before that ever happened. In fact, from the second he realised Daisy was Inhuman.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, he was probably gonna die except for the whole deal with the devil thing. Of course the deal was for his life, so only the life threatening injuries got healed, leaving him still paralyzed.

And a twat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Wanna suplex that train.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also here's Red Hulk combined with Venom's symbiote and Ghost Rider's spirit of vengeance:

So who did they manage to actually surprise?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Inhumans are the Gobots of the superpowered world.

However.

People just want a good show about a group of superpowered people. If not at a school for the gifted, then on a city on the moon.

Pack it with action, humour and engaging plots and no one will give a poo poo if it's mutants or the B team.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
AoS is redheaded stepchild: confirmed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Blazing Ownager posted:

Shades ended up having an ton more depth than I thought he would.

Shades was the only character who had his poo poo together in the entire show.

When I first saw him I made Tom Cruise Risky Business jokes because of how dumb he looked, but drat if he didn't grow on me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Electromax posted:

You couldn't quite make it out, but every 1 and 0 on that page was made of millions of microdots like TV static and there were petabytes on one page alone.

Should have used a barcode font.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Then Fitz would definitely gently caress the robot

And do so while knowing it was a robot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I really hope Radcliffe is being a double agent and this is all a huge con by Coulson.

Who better to get the Senator's (and the Supreme's) confidence than someone like him?

"Look how helpful I am, doing all this stuff for you in a way where no one actually gets badly hurt and any troubles for Shield in the short term are outweighed by the long term advantages of neutering the Watch Dogs."

Of course, what he's doing to May kinda puts that theory to rest :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

You gotta get as much mileage out of the mold as possible.

If you hose them out regularly, you shouldn't have to worry about mold.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Truly there is an Oglaf for every occasion.

Josh Lyman posted:

Fitz was replaced earlier. When he hooked up Daisy, Coulson, and Mack to the Matrix, he got their brain scans so they could be replaced with LMDs in the Russian base.

Mace may also have been scanned and therefore replaced.

Nice. That's exactly what it is, well done.

I actually wondered why he was giving them all a run through the Matrix training room thing but didn't put it all together.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

counterfeitsaint posted:

It'll be a shame if AoS never really gets beyond the whole mutants inhumans thing. Does anyone really care about discount mutants beyond hardcore comic book nerds? I had never even heard of them until the movie was announced.

I always wanted twisty super spy stuff, but I suppose that's a lot harder to write :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just a few old school Mission: Impossible style episodes but with the tech turned up to 11 :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
At this point I'm guessing the framework is irreparably hosed and that's a deliberate choice by Aida and the only way to undo the damage and get everyone out will be to confront her.

As to her motives? She wants to feel emotion. Love, hate, anything.

So she chose the one person most likely to help her achieve that - Fitz.

She killed fake Emma and turned the world to poo poo so he would have nowhere else to go than into her arms.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm a couple weeks late with the revelation, but I just remembered what the Framework has been reminding me of - Star Trek V.

Spock's half brother Sybok is on a mission to find god and he recruits people by "taking away their pain", i.e. removing their most traumatic memories.

However, as the wiki states, "Kirk refuses the Vulcan's offer, telling him that his pain is what makes him human".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Boris Galerkin posted:

That was a really good episode.

I think it was heavily implied that Fitzdad was played by Aida right? There was one spot where the camera lingered on his face and he grinned and of course the brainwashy "there's only one person you understand you and you love her right?" discussion.

That's definitely the impression I got.

In another part, Fitz said something like, "You always make things so clear. What would I do without you?" And his dad replied with, "That's why I'm here."

Also, was that his actual, real life father? Because, drat their side views look identical.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

double nine posted:

that. looks. awful.

"we want you to look as if you're here at gunpoint. No, more constipated. Yeah, that's the look we need"

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who thinks Black Bolt looks like he desperately needs to take a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The MSJ posted:

Kinda like Heroes Reborn. They said they have no plans for another season, then the series ended with a tease for another season.

They didn't even have a plan for the season which aired.

God that was such a loving trainwreck I couldn't even hate watch it to mock it.

• Locked thread