Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It's already starting this week? Awesome.

Over/Under on Daisy "Quake" Johnson (aka Skye) rejoining SHIELD set at 4.5 episodes. I'm taking the under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm taking the over, so long as "work alongside" does not count "rejoin SHIELD". :getin:

Hadn't considered that, but fair enough.

The new director is obviously George Hammond (of Texas). Any worlds found via portal will be explored for resources, then nuked.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So Ghost Rider's going to be the answer to whatever's in the box, right? Like, that "he burns souls" line isn't a throwaway when there are ghosts around.

Also, this season is looking good.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Proposition Joe posted:

Apparently SHIELD is now run by Friend Computer.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that thought that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's kind of funny because so far, it looks like an improvement in every possible way to the effectiveness of SHIELD with no indication anyone's really being evil. I really want to see where they're going with it.

ED: I bet right now that the reason Coulson is no longer director is he wouldn't sign the accords.

That would be a great reason for Coulson's demotion, and pretty in character.

It's true that there's no indication of evil so far, just hella bureaucracy.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Xtanstic posted:

Do you think... Fitz and... guy from The Mummy just talked? :ohdear:

Nah, they're going to a new show soon. They already put out the intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: And if he does turn out to be evil, I'm calling it now: He dies by pennance stare.

No points. If Ghost Rider's around, anyone evil is likely to get penance stared.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Fitz and Simmons may as well be Rando SHIELD Scientists #1-2 in a MCU movie. They wouldn't need much in the way of an explanation.

Daisy could show up in one along with Deathlok and the Netflix Crew for another big fight scene in NY, or in a "call everyone, yes everyone" type of situation.

Coulson would need a lot of setup, but if done right, could be good.

New Director seems like a candidate to show up in a movie, by reason of being the director.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Slashrat posted:

Besides, they were trying to pin the whole thing on inhumans, so it'd be kinda suspect if they went out of their way to avoid anyone but inhumans dying.

Also, the more non-inhumans killed, the more deaths are blamed on inhumans.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So what's the over/under on May and Coulson talking then shooting Ward's dog?

According to Vegas, 3.5 points. I'll take the over.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
That was the best reaction Simmons could have had to Aida. And Daisy. And the Watchdogs. Episode was a Simmons Own Zone.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

twistedmentat posted:

Coulson just has Littlefinger's teleporter from GoT.

I'm glad they've gotten the band back together already, obviously next episode will feature some explaining about Daisy being back to the director, who will probably accept what she was doing being Inhuman himself. Maybe cook up some story about it being deep cover or something. The shows good at not dragging stuff like that out too long.

Is she back? It seems like she's in a semi-detained, semi-cooperating state like Reyes.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Caphi posted:

I think this episode was a really great Simmons episode.

I agree, and suspect the next one will be as well.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

bloodychill posted:

It's not clear who the main bad guys are gonna be or what the main conflict will be, other than probably revolving around some conflict between Inhumans and magic powered humans.

It might be that the main conflict will be Coulson and friends vs Director Mace. In this case Coulson might end up the "bad guy". He's hilariously tanking the director's attempts at a public SHIELD that isn't widely disliked for doing, well, SHIELD things.

Not that the Son of Coul is doing anything evil, just going off to cowboy around any time he leaves the base.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Blazing Ownager posted:

What she said wasn't "If you put me in the chair, I will tell them about you" it was "If you put them in the chair, I won't be able to lie about what I now know about you."

That's well done blackmail. Just vague enough that she might not be blackmailing the director, but clear enough that they both knew she was.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

That couldn't happen. Ghosts don't have DNA

Maybe science ghosts do. Maybe there's more than science to Being (in)Human

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still enjoying the idea that the cast are the villains to Mace's hero. Coulson has become Fury, the team has become old SHIELD, and Mace is now Old Coulson. The cycle of SHIELD leadership begins anew.

I know that's not what they're actually doing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Why would he?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

The MSJ posted:

Or the spirit of May's principle of not sleeping withtalking to co-workers.

And I think Gabe ordered the hit. If anyone's secretly evil, it's that kid.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So is Nick Cage gonna be on SHIELD later?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Why not all three?

Cage, Snipes, and Oswalt, all in one episode. Throw in Ron Perlman, because gently caress it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Thread title, please.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

pee out my butt posted:

I hope Nick Cage is the Ghost Rider that gave him his powers, but not as Johnny Blaze. Just Nick Cage, Ghost Rider.

Acceptable.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Hellfire can't melt steel beams!

I think. perhaps, it can.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Spaceship. Ghost Rider spaceship.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Zebulon posted:

Nick Cage as Johnny Blaze doing a full explanation of the season so far in the same style as the dude from Ant-Man.

This would be amazing.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

The Back of Mack's Photo posted:

Hope

04/18/06

Also, I really like the comparison of how people got back to normal -

Coulson and Fitz - Avoid descending into Hell with teamwork, and the help of friends and loved ones.

Robbie - Make a deal with a demon, presumably fight his way back on his/their own.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

double nine posted:

how can they do magic if they have no souls? :confused:

Who says she doesn't? Or that anyone else does?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
She certainly helped by not telling Mace.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PunkBoy posted:

It's probably imperfect so she's being kept alive to take more scans.

Alternate theory: The goal was to not kill anyone, but there was no way she wasn't going to get dismantled or otherwise stopped once SHIELD proper knew what she was up to.

Of course, now she probably has to make LMD-PR guy.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a new episode tonight, or have we entered the hiatus?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Truly I am the best at time.

I figured it would be hiatus time, but I'd hoped otherwise. At least it'll be back soon!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Ghost Rider is mostly made of vengeance.

I'm not sure super science mind-popping will beat that.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

bloodychill posted:

Ghost Rider doesn't have a lot of control over his powers so if the desire or need for vengeance is weak, he's just not going to do much. On the other hand, he's unkillable by any means expect maybe some weird divine magical poo poo and he could probably override mjolnir if he needed because the "user rights system" on it is technological (essentially an AI) and simply requires that the demon be able to lift neutronium unaided. With demon magic, the laws of physics can be broken so, yeah.

Ghost Rider's strength, powers, and durability are are directly proportional to the amount of vengeance he is attempting to mete out, within the boundaries of "quite a bit tougher than a human" to "can one-shot Galactus". Certain exceptional individuals are immune to his penance stare.

flosofl posted:

Guys, I have here's my unified theory of Ghost Rider and his powers (see my AV):

drat. Same idea, fewer words.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

biracial bear for uncut posted:

"The Spirit of Vengeance has decided that Hulk is in the right." *shits pants*.

That is Not a Good Day.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PierreTheMime posted:

Is it weird that I'm happy Talbot is coming back?

No. Talbot is great.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

cant cook creole bream posted:

As much as we all like Mack and his shotgunaxe, I want to see a story where Aida kills him and the only ones who can prove that it was actually Radclifes fault is the desperate insurance company which really really doesn't want to pay out the insane robots uprising premiums.

I really, really like this storyline. Wouldn't want to trade Mack for it, though. I guess if he was leaving the show anyway....

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SiKboy posted:

May and May-naught? Or May B?

Hey, I've just met you, and I'm an EL-EEEM-DEE, but here's my lanyard, so call me May-B!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

LongDarkNight posted:

I'm hoping LMD May is as straight up pissed off about the situation as Real May and they team up to beat down Aida.

I think this would be the best option. Double May tag team would be brutal to watch. I wonder if MayB could use that berserker staff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

STAC Goat posted:

The Marvel universe is filled with heroes and villains who came about because ever since Captain America everyone and their brother has been trying to recreate the formula and it never works. Its just a recurring world theme, really, and as soon as it was determined that Mace wasn't an Inhuman it was inevitable that he was going to be a misguided US military experiment to create their own superhero. Whether they overtly say "Captain America" or not, it all comes back to "drat it, we had a super soldier and we blew it by picking some guy who questions chain of command."
Fitz and Simmons both groaned about Talbot trying to recreate the Erskine Experiment, shortly claiming he and his team were only "mostly idiots".

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Coulson was vindictive at all. He just put his foot down in that tactical decisions were his call, like they should have been. Otherwise he was accepting that Mace lied, but did it because he wanted to help. Mace wasn't looking to gain power or be selfish, he wants Inhumans to be treated well and this was an opportunity for that.
Mace is good on the PR side, but was consistently suboptimal on the operations side. Arguments could be made that Coulson doesn't have a spotless record on that front either, but I think them working together will work out.

I DO hope they tell Daisy and the other SHIELD inhumans the score though. They'll figure it out eventually, and kinda deserve to know.

• Locked thread