Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They said Mockingbird once. I think literally once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teek posted:

The premiere pulled a 1.1 last night. Not great, but it's apparently a little bit better than what that timeslot has been doing for ABC these last few years.

Which, for context, is slightly above the back half of last season but lower than the first 2 and a half seasons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bloodychill posted:

I was hoping with the "right to the action" season-opener that we wouldn't get the slow-drip yet again but they wouldn't even say the director's name for reasons I don't understand and it made it a little awkward. Also Mack and Fitz just blew a perfectly decent opportunity to apprehend Daisy because they were emotionally hurt. Come on, show.

Gotta pad 9 episodes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I know :smith: I like to think this is a subtle jab at ABC for cancelling the show, because I thought Agent Carter was pretty great overall. It's a shame they ended it on a cliffhanger - I'd really like to see the beginnings of Shield but I doubt we'll get that :(

It would be kind of douchey to take a shot at them considering it should have never had a season two with its ratings.

On a show in the same situation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Talking about the new director as an old classic character is kind of weird when their depiction of him is an Inhuman and in MCU continuity can't possibly have done the thing the character is most known for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just because he says he's Inhuman doesn't mean he actually is. It seems like too large of a coincidence that just when they want an enhanced visible leader of SHIELD there just already happens to be a high ranking agent who not only is an Inhuman but also gained totally wholesome powers that didn't mess up his looks.

As for the ghosts, I'm figuring they left it vague so that people would just think they're regular people out of phase with reality thanks to a science accident. Big reveal would be that they were ghosts before ever getting stuffed in those boxes.

I meant giving him powers at all. It's basically an entirely different character just with the name. Which is fine normally, I don't mind when they do that, but not when you're giving interviews talking about how the new director is a classic comic character.

It's like they said "We're going to have Dick Grayson on The Flash" but then it turns out he can shoot lasers from his rear end and never met Batman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No they haven't. There's now 2 different versions of many of those characters active, in fact.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The older one is gay too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bloodychill posted:

To be fair, a lot of people's favorite X-Men are different variant of the same characters. That said, the main problem with the X-Men movies hasn't been the character choice so much as it's been the writing. A good writer could take Dazzler or Havok or Jubilee and make a good story about them. A bad writer looks at the myriad Wolverine stories and writes... well, what we've gotten.

Bullshit. Nobody can make Havok good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHIELD was already one of the earliest returns of the season.

Also there's no spike. It's solidly lower than the end of last season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Not true. TVbytheNumbers gave the last episode a 0.9 in the 18-49 rating and 3.12 million viewers. The DVR playback numbers are in and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. enjoyed the largest percentage gains of any Monday/Tuesday program, up 82 percent in the demo (to a respectable 2.0) while growing 62 percent in audience (to 5.5 million viewers), with Live+3 DVR playback folded in.

Yeah and that's still 10% down from last year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pan Dulce posted:

Are you comparing to finale numbers? Because those are admittedly always higher; people seem to DVR the poo poo out of episodes they missed to catch up that night.

Season average was a 2.2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, I'm glad I just binged the whole thing. No wonder people were so down on it.

They didn't have Carter then, so basically every episode of Agent Carter was a week off instead. But they didn't do them in one chunk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ghost Rider would be cooler if his jacket had his name and face on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's got the Hivvy.

• Locked thread