Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

love ur games without shame

Average Bear posted:

I love M&B. Check out the prophecy of Pendor mod if you want a hard challenge and hilarious voice acting lol

i played PoP for like 200 hours maybe five years ago, it was super spectacular. by the end i had this giant undefeated army of silver forest elf halbierdiers or something and i just ran roughshod over every other army on the map. tbh its probabl better than M&B vanilla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I've heard some things about the clash of kings mod, like that it removes features every update. Is that true?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
mount and blade was really fun but yeah basically just waiting for bannerlord now

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Average Bear posted:

I've heard some things about the clash of kings mod, like that it removes features every update. Is that true?

The author is super picky about the mod and if he doesn't like something he will have no qualms removing a boatload of features to fine tune them. But it's an excellent mod.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
mount and blade is real good and bannerlord looks like it'll be even more real and more good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love Pop, rescuing the elf guys when they're taken prisoner and recruiting them as insane superunits ftw.

Also the back story written by a schizophrenic man about how everything in the mod is true and happened in his dreams when he was in a coma or something.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That's just the story of TES games lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I need to find it, the author thinks all the events in the mod happened to his friend in a cancer - induced trip to an alternate reality and the reason the elves in the mod are so powerful is because he thinks they visit him in secret and he's afraid of disrespecting them. It owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

My favourite m n b mod is Gangs of Glasgow where you play as a football hooligan and the police visited the creator and told him he had to stop or be charged with imaginary sectarian violence

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love Pop, rescuing the elf guys when they're taken prisoner and recruiting them as insane superunits ftw.

Also the back story written by a schizophrenic man about how everything in the mod is true and happened in his dreams when he was in a coma or something.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I need to find it, the author thinks all the events in the mod happened to his friend in a cancer - induced trip to an alternate reality and the reason the elves in the mod are so powerful is because he thinks they visit him in secret and he's afraid of disrespecting them. It owns

Lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

My favourite m n b mod is Gangs of Glasgow where you play as a football hooligan and the police visited the creator and told him he had to stop or be charged with imaginary sectarian violence

Yeah that mod is badass. They also included real sectarian scottish music about breaking papist/proddie skulls ftw

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Yeah that mod is badass. They also included real sectarian scottish music about breaking papist/proddie skulls ftw

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

it's great and as a Glaswegian it's not really as far from realistic as it seems

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do not disrespect my friends the secret coma elves

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss that one mod with the insane starting backgrounds like Conan the Barbarian or the ultra-difficult peasant revolutionary who had all the nobles attack him on sight from the start. Also it had battle size jacked up and looters were like 500 men strong

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Lore

imagine clicking this article expecting to get a normal boring lore dump and instead reading whatever this is. I love it

edit: there's more

quote:

Much had happened of late that helped keep my mind off Vance, and my grief at his death.
I lost my job as part of a sweeping layoff due to the bad economy, and was frantically
trying to find work to pay the bills. Christmas was fast approaching. During that time,
in accordance with Vance’s last wishes, I created a “Module” for a game called
“Mount&Blade” as a way to bring Vance’s story to life.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 18, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmao what the flying gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

imagine clicking this article expecting to get a normal boring lore dump and instead reading whatever this is. I love it

Wow

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

quote:

I was not prepared for what I found. Pendor was not Vance’s invention. I spent the next
two hours reading and re-reading this journal dated 1888, transcribed by someone named
Jonas. The more I read, the more confused I became. Jonas had received it from an
ex-Benedictine monk, who lived as a hermit in Landes, France.

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Channeling your schizophrenia into game/mod development for the mother loving win.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the person I'm pretending made up my fictional world actually got the idea from someone even more fictional. this is some Pale Fire poo poo

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I love Modders.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

French Monk: The manuscript is done... I've created a new genre of modern fantasy 50 years before Tolkien but instead of releasing it and gain lasting fame I shall wait for the perfect medium for my work. A modded version of a Turkish video game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

phenomenal

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the person I'm pretending made up my fictional world actually got the idea from someone even more fictional. this is some Pale Fire poo poo

Nabokov ftw

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this is incredible

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bannerlord has a steam store page now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

BBJoey posted:

Oh poo poo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BBJoey posted:

Oh drat, can't wait for this game! Looks great - hopefully its release date isn't too far off, now

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BBJoey posted:

first time I've really seen any gameplay, lookin really good. I love the more realistic damage models on the castles. mount and blade is incredible but the abrupt shifts in geometry when cannons hit in napoleonic wars is really jarring and i can't wait to get the same mods but on with a physics engine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

remembering the secret coma elves and laughing quietly to myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

remembering the secret coma elves and laughing quietly to myself

• Locked thread