Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

This post is good to go

atothesquiz posted:

Woah; what? A quick google search comes up with nothing.

They got in trouble again for underpaying employees

https://ny.eater.com/2018/5/9/17335...t-felidia-babbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

Hold the line, I have shitposting to do.

atothesquiz posted:

Woah; what? A quick google search comes up with nothing.

Google "lidia bastianich indentured servant". Turns out she apparently tricked some lady to come to the US under the guise of teaching her the industry but then had her work hospice care for 6 years while saying she was working on her visa. She wasn't. She wasn't even paying her. It was bad enough that while she wasn't convicted criminally, she did apparently lose a 5MM settlement to the lady she made an indentured servant.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Why do the decent kill themselves while the complete, unsalvageable shitstains of humanity continue drawing breath happily, making the world a slightly worse place for being in it?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW I GHOULISHLY CELEBRATE THE DEATH OF CHILDREN TO TEACH THEIR PARENTS "A LESSON"

PT6A posted:

Why do the decent kill themselves while the complete, unsalvageable shitstains of humanity continue drawing breath happily, making the world a slightly worse place for being in it?

empathy is a bitch

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I've started watching Ugly Delicious, and I'm glad I stuck through to the 2nd episode. Chang came across as a massive arsehole in the first episode, especially when tailing the poor Dominos guy. Him turning to the director and being all "Have you got enough? I'm not doing another loving delivery." made me really dislike him.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

How does Anne Burrell always look also tall when apparently sheís only 5í2? The hair can only do so much.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Say 'Thank you, Ershin'.

Say it.

I've been enjoying Chef and My Fridge on Netflix, and I usually have it on when I'm cooking or doing the dishes.

The 15-minute time limit and limitation of ingredients to whatever the guest has on hand make the dishes more relatable to me and I've actually tried making a couple of the dishes on the show. The chefs are also funny without being overbearing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Gordon Ramsay showed up in one of the episodes.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

I've started watching Ugly Delicious, and I'm glad I stuck through to the 2nd episode. Chang came across as a massive arsehole in the first episode, especially when tailing the poor Dominos guy. Him turning to the director and being all "Have you got enough? I'm not doing another loving delivery." made me really dislike him.

I mean, that's his shtick. I don't know how people are always astonished when he's being a dick or throws out hot takes. He's been like this for like a decade now. Maybe it's because I worked with chefs like him and they're never serious about any of it so it doesn't faze me at all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Iím from the UK so I was unfamiliar with him until now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

Marco Pierre White has to be the granddaddy of that kind of chef character.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Marco Pierre White has to be the granddaddy of that kind of chef character.

And now he's the spokesperson for Knorr lol

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grimey Drawer

I want more recipes presented in music form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTrHrGSeNM

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003

I
ANALYZE
CARTOONS

Soiled Meat

One of the best things about Ugly Delicious is knowing that Chang is trying to be less of an rear end in a top hat, seeing him make a big statement, which is then contradicted by Rene Redzepi, and seeing Dave bit his lip hard because he canít blow up on camera at Rene Redzepi in Redzepiís house during a holiday dinner

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW I GHOULISHLY CELEBRATE THE DEATH OF CHILDREN TO TEACH THEIR PARENTS "A LESSON"

anakha posted:

I've been enjoying Chef and My Fridge on Netflix, and I usually have it on when I'm cooking or doing the dishes.

The 15-minute time limit and limitation of ingredients to whatever the guest has on hand make the dishes more relatable to me and I've actually tried making a couple of the dishes on the show. The chefs are also funny without being overbearing.

this is a very good show, cooking and banter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

For all my years loving Chopped, I never realised that Chopped: After Hours exists. They donít advertise it on UK Food Network (and if you try going to the US site, it directs you to the UK version which is supremely lacking in, well, anything). It just randomly showed up in my YouTube suggestions. Itís short, fun, and endlessly entertaining.

Itís so fun to watch the judges warm up, and goof off. Especially when their judge personas are so icy and unflinching like Alex Guarnaschelli or Amanda Freitag. Also, I love everyone dunking on Zakarian, with even Ted just straight up saying ĎYouíre such a jackassí to him. And Marc Murphy is such a goof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA1C1D8Wdxk

«6 »