Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Ha, I was just reflecting on GE: Reloaded and thought of this thread. I was a Good Eats superfan but didn't really latch onto his subsequent gigs. I like the concept with Reloaded and am looking forward to the new season, but I will say he seems to have gotten a bit fussier this time around, like with the pie episode or the pressure cooker one...just use an Instant Pot, dude. His updated brownie technique is legit, though.

I liked Salt Fat Acid Heat; Samin is very sweet yet you can tell she is serious about cooking. Contrast that with Cooked; I watched the first episode and disliked Michael Pollan intensely throughout. It largely came across as boomer.mp4 to me.

I've also been bouncing around the seasons of Parts Unknown that are available on Netflix. Mostly I just end up bummed out that Bourdain is gone. I really liked the more human-focused approach he took with the series. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Oh good, it wasn't just me; that was some bullshit.