Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

If you read the wheel, one of the possible challenges is "Beat Babish". The format isn't that they always go head to head, that's just one of the potential results of the spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I mean, he has a history of making gross looking halloween foods, but drat.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Glen sits at the intersection of "knows how to produce high quality video content" and "doesn't want to make his millions by being an influencer", and I wish there were more channels like that.

If you go back a couple years, though, the video format is way different and I don't like it at all.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Not exactly tv, I guess, but did something happen to Cooking Issues? I haven't seen a new episode drop since combat-style cuisine. I thought it might be my podcast app, but I didn't see one on the website when I looked a week or so ago, either.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I feel like Chef John ran out of real foods a while ago and now is just making more and more insane things. I still like the guy, but it's been a long time since he made something I want to cook.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I was just coming here to post about that. Did he start doing a lot more drugs after he moved or something?

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I mean, looking at the view count differences it seems to be working. I hate it, of course, but you can't argue with success.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Apparently I finally watched enough Wang Gang and those Chinese guys with the little cameras that YouTube has decided that I'm Chinese, so now 75% of my recommendations page is Chinese language content. I'm not exactly mad about it, but I don't speak the language so it's a little difficult to know what's going on.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I think in recent years they've been really reducing the amount of time for bakes to make them "harder", but it really just results in worse looking results.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

dubious structural integrity.

Like structural tres leches. Whose idea was that?

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

The strain of carrying Allrecipes on his back for 15 years has finally broken him.

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I thought I was hard on a kitchen until I watched the ANTI-CHEF guy. I appreciate that he doesn't put on a lot of 'YouTube persona', though.

We used to like watching Chocolate Cacao. He's really leaned into shorts recently, but a lot of his older stuff is enjoyable.

Edit: aw man, not the worst snipe but still..

Anyway, more content - Has anyone watched Brad Leone's new channel? YT has been recommending it but between the Bon Appétit implosion and the poorly canned fish incident I just don't know if I want to watch his new stuff.

you ate my cat fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

Vegetable posted:

How does an oven turkey burn like that?

Maybe spilling drippings onto the bottom element of an electric oven? I could see that flaring up pretty easily.