Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
My library was doing a flash sale of old DVDs and I think I got every episode of Good Eats for like fifteen bucks. :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Italian people are basically insufferable. Doesn't matter if something tastes good. They'll call it poo poo if it's not the way their grandma made it.

And Jews ARE stingy, right guys?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

droll posted:

Its this weird meta thing that is extremely common on SA where one person overreacts to a small reaction and then 10 more people dogpile overreacting to what they pretend is an overreaction.

But nice meltdown.

shut up bitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If my last name was Trout I'd name my kid Herpes

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
This time, the contestants are asked to make a confectionary homunculus of Paul Hollywood's wife, who he has recently announced his separation to.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I remember when Watcher (the Buzzfeed Unsolved boys splitting off from Buzzfeed and their unfunny friend) started doing "HERE'S AN EPIC MAC AND CHEESE YOU CAN MAKE FOR $800!!!" and the conspicuous consumption legitimately made me unsubscribe. Like, yeah man, I'm sure it's great, but I can also make an epic ftw maccy cheez for, like, $20, and that's with getting some fancy cheese.

also none of you commenting on that guy upthread's youtube face is damning :colbert:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Queer Salutations posted:

This is slightly disingenuous, it's not about you making the stupidly overpriced dishes, it's about the Worth It host who can't cook absolutely struggling to make dishes for his friends (aka mostly white dudes from Buzzfeed and asian american celebrities who live in LA). It's still a waste of food, but also he's a dude who can't cook who's had his sense of "high quality" food warped by 5 years of eating like, pizzas covered in truffles and gold leaf.

If memory serves a lot of the Mac & Cheese's cost came from him deciding to shave an entire truffle on top of it cause he wanted his friend to have some truffle. They spent like a grand making fried chicken but that's cause they actually bought a whole wheel of high quality parmesan so they could do that that weird "light the parm wheel on fire to make a sauce" thing.

He's not great at the whole cooking thing, he's just like a kid getting to choose his ice cream toppings but applied to treating his friends.

So it's wasteful as well as stupid? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Steve Yun posted:

Trying to watch Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix

I fear you have been poisoned by cooking drama shows. Sometimes it's okay to have a soft and inoffensive travel/food show.