Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
I had a question about Dreams and the new VR support - can you make asymmetric multiplayer games? I.e. one person is playing with the headset and the rest are playing with controllers from a different perspective. Did some searching and couldn’t find an answer.

I asked if games like that existed earlier in the thread and the answer appeared to be No outside of Keep Talking and a couple Playroom mini games. If Dreams supports making that on your own that’d be awesome and I’d probably pick it up right now while it’s on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

MrXmas posted:

I asked if games like that existed earlier in the thread and the answer appeared to be No outside of Keep Talking and a couple Playroom mini games.

And Diner Duo! Which is neat. One player is a short order cook in vr, the other player is a third person waiter taking orders and delivering the finished trays.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Statik also has a couple of coop puzzles with the Playstation tablet app.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The next Hitman will include a VR Mode according to the State of Play teaser.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not just the next Hitman, the whole Hitman Trilogy. It'll probably be PS5 only though but even so, that's sweet as hell.

E: If I can't piano wire someone with the Moves, I'll be very upset.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

mcbexx posted:

The next Hitman will include a VR Mode according to the State of Play teaser.

I'm still stoked for Sniper Elite and the Aim. When is that coming?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Also, a Star Wars Lightsaber game in August.

Edit: Oh, missed the name. Yeah, Vader Immortal.
Thought this was something else.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
HUH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwjdl6vpxGU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seriously, Hitman VR is so loving obvious that I'm thrilled it's happening. Already thinking about the Paris level in VR on the PS5. :allears:

Generally speaking, really loving the theme of "No microtransactions :haw:" like it's such a nice gift.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Stare-Out posted:

E: If I can't piano wire someone with the Moves, I'll be very upset.

I feel like admitting this should put you on a list somewhere, but I also completely agree.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Has anyone used the 3D Rudder?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Trig Discipline posted:

I feel like admitting this should put you on a list somewhere, but I also completely agree.

Madmen rejoice!

Playstation blog posted:

You’ll stand face-to-face with your targets and look them in the eyes, blend-in to a busy crowd and hear the chatter and conversations happening around you and interact with items using your hands. For example, you can swing a frying pan in whatever angle you want to knock out a guard – and then use it to deflect any bullets that are fired at you as you make your escape!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
So I got a Ps4 Pro pretty much exclusively for Dreams a few months back and now random chance has led to my neighbour lending me his PSVR set - I've never really tried VR before (beyond strapping a phone to my face) and I honestly have limited time to try stuff in, but needless to say I am stoked. Aside from Dreams which I already own and Super Hot and BeatSaber which I see recommended everywhere, are there any must-play or must-try games/apps or whatnot?

And is there any way to connect it to a PC without too much fuss if i want to try out some PC stuff?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Get Astro Bot: Rescue Mission.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Astro Bot and Tetris Effect

RE7 if you can stomach it.

I liked the Borderlands 2/Skyrim VR ports, if you liked those games and want to be in that world, they do a decent job at it. Probably not preferable in a time crunch though.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Blood & Truth is short but good but it's also the only game that's ever given me motion sickness. I think Gorn's pretty fun for what it is.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Anything that's available from PSnow? Since my time to play per day is limited it basically has to be must have or free :V

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Astro Bot is must-have

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Anything that's available from PSnow? Since my time to play per day is limited it basically has to be must have or free :V

Nope, PSNow has too much latency for VR.

There are a couple of free demo collections and single game demos you can try. You might also own some games that already support VR or have VR bonus modes- No Man's Sky, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Rez, Thumper, Star Wars Battlefront, Wipeout Omega Collection, Ace Combat 7, Gran Turismo Sport, Obduction, a few others.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

If you at all like Star Wars, Battlefront is worth 5 bux to buy the whole game and play the one VR mission several times.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Astro Bot is must-have

Astro Bot is a top 10 all time game experience and I’ve barely gotten through two of the worlds.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Any time I'm reading about Astro Bot I get the desire to listen to the soundtrack again and, yep, still awesome. Just so peppy and upbeat.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
why has Dino Frontier never ended up in a sale?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Clavavisage posted:

why has Dino Frontier never ended up in a sale?

It did, twice - once in july 2017 and once in february 2018 (for ps+ members). Lowest it's been is $30. Might as well pick it up if you want it.

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/1525299/dino-frontier

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

Nope, PSNow has too much latency for VR.

There are a couple of free demo collections and single game demos you can try. You might also own some games that already support VR or have VR bonus modes- No Man's Sky, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Rez, Thumper, Star Wars Battlefront, Wipeout Omega Collection, Ace Combat 7, Gran Turismo Sport, Obduction, a few others.

PS Now allows for downloads of PS4 games these days, though I have no idea if they bothered adding anything with VR support. Might work for RE7 if it’s available?

e: And... it is not. Never mind then. :haw:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I love Beat Saber because it's a great introduction to VR, party game, and just general good fun (and a good workout to boot). However since the COVID19 shutdown my wife and I played so much of it we're bored of all the tracks and there really hasn't been all that much new content added since the game came out. A handful of free songs and like 4 music packs (with like 5-10 songs each) but that's it.

I wish it had the level of money and support that the old Rock Band/Guitar Hero games had where it seemed like you had a near-infinite level of songs available. I can only dream though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_downloadable_songs_for_the_Rock_Band_series

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

The upcoming PSVR version of Hitman doesn't currently support the Move controllers and everything is done on the DS4 as of now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Fix posted:

The upcoming PSVR version of Hitman doesn't currently support the Move controllers and everything is done on the DS4 as of now.

Source?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

They did an AMA today.

quote:

We have collision working so you're hands stop when touching a wall, table, NPC etc. You currently reload by the press of a button.
Cuz here's the thing, The current version of the game is not using move controllers it's using the dual-shock. We are however utilizing the motion controlled tracking and gyro in the ds4 to the max. There are many reasons for us ending on this decision but to be honest we think that we have found a perfect fit for the game through this hybrid control scheme. Best Eskil

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ahh cool, thanks. So they're still using motion controls, just not the Moves. It's a shame but at the same time I've been wondering since the announcement how on earth they'd map the controls onto the Moves so going with the DS4 makes sense. So presumably garroting someone can still be done with the gesture, just holding on to a DS4 instead of Move controllers. I hope they come up with cool things to do and not relegate everything to buttons.

E:

Q: "Can you tap someone on their right shoulder then sneak around their left?"

A: "Yes you can!"

E2: Oh they released a little behind the scenes thing with footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl19V9dK3TU

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 14, 2020

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Potential VR dude:

Statik

Resident Evil

Astro Bot

This are the games that will sell the tech to you.

Edit: like, do not sleep on Statik, it’s so cool.

quidditch it and quit it fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 14, 2020

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I want to believe them about Hitman VR but some of the things they say will not be practical, like "ducking down into the vegetation" is going to be a pain in the rear end to get your camera set up correctly for. If you ever tried picking up something on the ground in Blood and Truth you'll know what I mean. And the graphics seem absolutely unreal for PS VR. But we'll see.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hopper posted:

I want to believe them about Hitman VR but some of the things they say will not be practical, like "ducking down into the vegetation" is going to be a pain in the rear end to get your camera set up correctly for. If you ever tried picking up something on the ground in Blood and Truth you'll know what I mean. And the graphics seem absolutely unreal for PS VR. But we'll see.

It'll be a non issue since it's dualshock only. There will be a duck button. But yeah, a lot of the motion controls promised seem far fetched with the Dualshock, or even the moves for that matter.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Weirdly, garroting with a DS4 will feel pretty normal, and it could be incredibly cool/horrifying with a DualSense.

e: OMG, they could literally have a victim get their hands under the wire and ramp up the resistance on the triggers.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 15, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I heard it didn't support the moves after seeing all of the motion controls they were touting my first thought was "ooh maybe they will use it to announce some competent controllers for PSVR" but no they are just going to make you use the DS4 as a motion controller which is going to be way clunky.

Also, yeah those graphics...Like, are they showing the PS5 version, or is it just looking too good to be true on the mirrored screen? I can't imagine that game looking anything short of a blob past 4 feet away on PS4

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Aug 15, 2020

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I dunno how close I want a VR assassination game to feel like actually killing someone with my own hands.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno how close I want a VR assassination game to feel like actually killing someone with my own hands.

Like, I've been shooting all these dudes. Stabbing, even.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I love the shot out of Thumper, it's stylistically unlike any other rhythm game out there and its just completely engrossing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's so hard tho.

I do think it rules but I couldn't even get more than half way through. I wish it had some idiot mode for people like me that suck at rhythm games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I can’t believe nobody suggested Ace Combat 7. It’s a top 5 PSVR game!