Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
Ugh, Trackmania turned out to be a dumb baby game, you can gold the entire campaign in under an hour, and it just thrusts you into first person view at various times which is annoying and disorienting.
Not really racing, just a series of very short timed stunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

If you're after a PSVR headset, Amazon AU currently has the Starter Set for $270AUD.

Apparently it also includes the PS5 adapter.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

2 free remixes on Beat Saber, they are full of arrhythmic fart noises that were composed by a stray cat chasing a moth over a drum machine.

Tried Vacation Simulator, it completely misses the point of what made Job Simulator fun and has you warping around dull environments doing mind numbing minigames that go on way too long. A funny thing happened where I had to go all the way to the front of the area which takes about 5 warps and a boat ride to assemble a cheeseburger to throw down an underwater hole to get a picture of a creature that appears for a split second, so i went down there with my cheeseburger and about 6 pufferfish spawned directly on it and ates my cheeseburger, and i had a laugh and went all the way back to make another cheeseburger, and then that funny thing with the pufferfish happened again about 8 times in a row AND I WANT TO BURN THIS BITCH TO THE GROUND

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That's a drag about Vacation Simulator, I've had it on my wishlist for ages now.

And yeah, at the risk of sounding like an old fogie, Beat Saber is really dropping the ball with the music addons, free ones too. They're at best "fine" and at worst a complete nightmare both from a gameplay and just, listening standpoint. They've always had serious issues with their difficulty scaling. Some songs are a breeze on Extreme and some are downright impossible on Hard. The new blocks they added recently are super lame too.

That said, I am tempted to buy the Bomfunk MC's track just to represent. :finland: But all I want is like a classic rock pack or Jamiroquai or something.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Good news for people suffering from deteriorating rubber pads!

Turns out the rubber is just a thin layer over fabric! You can rub off the rubber (it makes a huge mess) and there’s nice tidy-looking fabric underneath

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Not gonna lie Steve, for a moment I was confused which respirator model that was...

Is that rev2 or OG VR?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
REV 2

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It exists

Bitplanet Games (the Ultrawings devs) accidentally tweeted a picture with a PSVR2 in it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Has anyone made a drinking game for Iron Man VR? I want to play as comics accurate Tony.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Drinking and vr sounds like trouble

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Got Eagle Flight off PS+ and I think Ubisoft tried to kill me by having me break my own neck.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

PS Blog entry on some of PSVR2's features like see-through mode and customizing the play area.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/26/early-look-at-the-user-experience-for-playstation-vr2/

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Shameful.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
"Customize your play area" just buy/sell your furniture, nerds!!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Morpheus posted:

"Customize your play area" just buy/sell your furniture, nerds!!!!

It's a neat UI, but these are just bog-standard features from every other headset.
The streamer cam idea's neat, but kinda pointless with VR because all you see is a headset, hands and a mouth. (MOst VR streaming's done with a copy of the avatar in that spot, so people can see what the streamer's using in-game for stuff like VRChat, or not bothering at all and just showing the game itself for the above reason).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's a bit weird too since you'd figure they could use the eye tracking for avatars.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

New idea: camera on the inside of the headset so you can just see the player's eyes darting back and forth.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

quote:

In Cinematic Mode, players can view the PS5 system and UI and all non-VR game and media content on a virtual cinema screen. Content in Cinematic Mode will be displayed in 1920×1080 HDR video format with 24/60Hz and also 120Hz frame rate.

That's a nice little bonus if you don't already have a 120Hz display. Hopefully the higher HMD resolution means cinematic mode won't have to put your nose against the virtual display like PSVR1 did.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I was kind of hoping they'd make a custom UI for the PS5 main menu for PSVR2 but eh, 1080p HDR is fine I guess.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Someone over at Sony must be doing backflips rn

https://twitter.com/metaquestvr/status/1551975828442910720

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think I have ever seen a company bump up the MSRP on a piece of hardware like that in my life. Wow.

Yeah that's probably good news for Sony since I am almost positive PSVR 2 is going to launch at 399

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think I have ever seen a company bump up the MSRP on a piece of hardware like that in my life. Wow.

The PS3 launch price.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah that's probably good news for Sony since I am almost positive PSVR 2 is going to launch at 399

Someone in the Kotaku comments yesterday insisted it was going to be at least $700 at launch which makes no sense from about a dozen different directions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Someone in the Kotaku comments yesterday insisted it was going to be at least $700 at launch which makes no sense from about a dozen different directions.

Ehhh, it hypothetically could though that is rather high; The Reverb G2's a comparable device and that launched at $600USD. Eyetracking plus newer display tech could put it in at least the $600-$650USD mark.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still don't think it'll cost more than the PS5 itself, so that's $499

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

haveblue posted:

I still don't think it'll cost more than the PS5 itself, so that's $499

The 256GB Quest 2 is now $499, and this seems a bit more high-end, so I think it'll depend on how much Sony's willing to soak the cost and recoup it in software sales.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The 256GB Quest 2 is now $499, and this seems a bit more high-end, so I think it'll depend on how much Sony's willing to soak the cost and recoup it in software sales.

That's the point. Sony is going to be selling this with far far fewer console owners out there to begin with. I can't see them crossing the console price of death line for what many people still see as a dead-end peripheral. I can't wait for it and I'm not going to pay more than $500.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 31, 2022

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Anything more than 499 means the PSVR will be DoA plus Sony knows they have the software to sell the hardware so honestly 399 makes the most sense to me.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I have 500€ set aside for it, because I feel you have to get it ASAP even if it is 499 or you won't get one for a looong time.

Also it is not going to come down in price... in the next 5 years probably.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Stare-Out posted:

Anything more than 499 means the PSVR will be DoA plus Sony knows they have the software to sell the hardware so honestly 399 makes the most sense to me.

That's the price that makes the most sense to me from a PR standpoint, though given the level of tech in the thing and that far better controllers are included, $450 or $500 wouldn't shock me. But $700? Lol, no.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/1561840354290274304

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Can’t wait to play it in Christmas 2025 when it goes on sale for $250

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Moving into a new house soon and we're making sure there's a chunk of room set aside just for VR antics. Looking forward to checking reviews on this thing.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Can’t wait to play it in Christmas 2025 when it goes on sale for $250

Can't way to play it Christmas 2027 when I can get a PS5 to go with it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I know the ps5 can use the psvr1, but can the ps4 use the psvr2?

It would be nice to experience 3D Blu-rays in a higher resolution than a window inside a 2K display

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Steve Yun posted:

I know the ps5 can use the psvr1, but can the ps4 use the psvr2?

It would be nice to experience 3D Blu-rays in a higher resolution than a window inside a 2K display

No way. The PS4 can barely handle the PSVR 1, the new one has many more pixels and many more cameras and I'm pretty sure they've said it has a USB-C cable

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gently caress yeah. Word is that there's a Playstation event next month too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Give us a drat price Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Dear SEGA, please just loving fully remake your PS2 games in VR, and not the hour long half assed bullshit you did with Gungrave and Space Channel 5, thanks a bunch.