Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Did the Blu-ray have 48fps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Does the Tetris Effect demo have vr?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
In VR does the playing field at least exist on a different focal distance than the jazzy graphics

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ok who’s gonna have the best deal on PSVR this Black Friday? Bundled games not necessary since I’ll want to buy games digitally

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I bought a PS VR! What should I buy, guys? It came with borderlands, beat saber, and I bought Astro bot and moss, I already have Tetris

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
YouTube 2D videos seem weirdly far away and small. Is there a way to adjust that?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Queen Combat posted:

You can adjust screen size in the VR settings in the devices menu in system settings.

I think it can also be adjusted by holding the PS button in the pop-up menu, too.

That seems to apply to ps menu screen stuff but not inside the YouTube app

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Beat saber is way fun but they need some more level variety. Is the whole game the same background?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Man it’s 4am and I’m still playing vr game demos

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo I can watch 3D Blu-rays? :aaa:

Edit: what were the good movies that were shot with two cameras instead of fake post production 3D? Gravity, Avatar, Prometheus, all the 3D animated movies, what else?

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 23, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Are any of the painting/sculpting games any good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I kind of... might need that. I haven’t been able to finish a movie at home in a while because I keep wanting to check my phone

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Disappearing arrows is complete garbage

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It wouldn’t be so bad if sometimes the cubes weren’t covering cubes behind them

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
A 12x8x6 or 10x8x8 cardboard box should just barely be able to hold everything, if you get a double walled cardboard box it should be pretty sturdy if your luggage isn’t sturdy already

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Finally found the one game that makes my eyes hurt and it’s Thumper. Shame too, because the visuals were amazingly trippy nightmarish progrock stuff

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Wipeout is really good for that roller coaster feeling. Are there others that are good topsy turby vehicle simulators, whether they are race cars or flight sims?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Stare-Out posted:

I'm all for retrofitting pre-PSVR games to work in VR but the asking price is a bit scummy. Skyrim is a prime example; if I've already paid for the PS4 remaster then let me get the VR version for like a tenner instead of having to pay full price for it again after I spent 200 euros already for the tech.

Star Wars battlefront is $6 right now and they put out a free vr mission which seems reasonable

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
There used to be a great Pac Man party game on GameCube where 4 ghosts would play split screen on the tv and they had very limited vision trying to kill Pac Man, who was controlled by a Gameboy Advance and could see the whole map. It was hilarious fun and something like that would be great with social screen vs headset.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Played the Star Wars vr add on for battlefront. They need to make a whole game of this, like Rogue One for PSVR. EA, get it together man

Got used to Thumper, but now I got worse motion sickness from Borderlands. I turned off all the comfort options because strafing while turning in 30° or 45° increments and tunnel vision just seemed dumb but now here I am with a tummy ache. Gonna try with all the comfort options on tmrw.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Beat Saber and Borderlands are both codes. If I knew how sick Borderlands was going to make me feel I’d have given the code away

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 28, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Does calibrating pupil distance help with motion sickness?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
You need to have kids or a roommate or wife to be next to you while you are in VR games, blowing a fan on you or splashing water on you or shooting Nerf darts at you

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Edit: I don’t think it’s exactly a matter of 1st person vs 3rd person camera, I think it’s a matter of what moves the camera, your head or your thumbsticks

In Astrobot all turning is done by your head. Forward movement is slow and smooth.

Borderlands has this problem where if I turn using the thumbsticks, I get double vision of everything turning. That’s specifically what’s making me sick.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 29, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Visiting my mom for New Years and brought my vr headset but forgot the camera. The bad news is that vr games won’t work without the camera. The good news is that the headset works like a monitor and you can play regular PS4 games.

The headset’s internal motion sensors are still active and turning your head causes you to look away from the screen. It works good enough that I am mumbling under my breath that games should’ve supported a “I lost my camera” mode

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Don’t they have accelerometers that can halfass position?

Anyways, if I wanna gun game, Farpoint or Firewall?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Looks like any game that has a vr mode will refuse to play if you don’t have a camera. So, Tetris Effect no, but Spider-Man ok

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Maybe we should rename it the PSVR thread

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Can’t seem to get Tetris to launch in 2D without a tv. I even went so far as to unplug the vr breakout box and launch Tetris blindly and replug the vr stuff, but when I turn on the headset I gets message asking me to plug in a camera.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
My whole situation is that I’m at my moms and using it without a tv, and forgot my camera.

It plays regular PS4 games on the headset but refuses to play PSVR games or even games with a PSVR mode anywhere

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Can’t get to a game open in sleep mode if I don’t have a tv in the first place

I appreciate the suggestions but it’s just the situation and I don’t think there’s a way to trick a game with any vr mode into playing without a camera

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 1, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Anyone got the dimensions of the aim controller? I only see specs for the box online

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Definitely. Cockpit style vr is very easy on the tummy while giving you plenty of oh poo poo thrills.

They can make a light saber game too based on how good Beat Saber feels. EA WHAT IS YOU DOING

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Thanks that’s good enough! I’m looking for a box to hold it that will go into my entertainment center

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
That’s exactly the sort of thing you would say if you’re brainwashed by a government program to manipulate teenagers

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 1, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Borderlands has a lot of options for motion sickness, like snap turning, tunnel vision while turning, etc. I turned them all off because I thought they were for sissies and then about half an hour later I felt sick to my stomach.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

Can’t get to a game open in sleep mode if I don’t have a tv in the first place

I appreciate the suggestions but it’s just the situation and I don’t think there’s a way to trick a game with any vr mode into playing without a camera

Update: each game behaves differently. Some games will ask if you wanna launch in regular or vr mode

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
You do head aim all the time, it’s just that your spine only turns 180 and you have to turn your body with the controllers which is where the motion sickness comes from

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Dunno haven’t played those yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I also have no idea how there's not a flight war sim where you're doing bombing runs in a B-52, strikes with an A-10, or dog fighting in an F-14 or P-51. That just seems like it would be so cheap to make and would just print money.

Ace combat 7 coming 2019