Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Paragon or renegade

Ranch or cool ranch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Node posted:

Jesus loving Christ that turns me on.

"...globalism..."

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
INTERRUPTING THIS THREAD FOR BREAKING NEWS:

BARACK OBAMA BORN IN AMERICA

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Man Whore posted:

I am glad, and personally I think the person responsible for that rumor is evil.
hosed up, but true

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Have you ever considered that Trump's badness is not that impressive compared to Hillary's?

Consider for a second that Trump has at worst made some lovely business deals that screwed a bunch of people out of money and housing.
Hillary Clinton has made decisions that have devastated entire countries. Syria and Libya are the latest, and Turkey likely too. That's three entire nations, with thousands dead as a direct result of her decisions.

Who is a lunatic here, exactly?
Ah, the old "What do you have to lose?"

Trump's campaign is a short history of insultingly bad lies, incompetence, burned bridges, naked nepotism, and psychosis...but he hasn't had a chance to gently caress up a government position yet! C'mon, give him a chance.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Actually you should vote Gary Johnson for president in 2016
I will guggle Gary Johnson

Rasta_Al posted:

So just endorse the candidate who already has hosed one up. Gotcha
A campaign is a preview of how a candidate will run the office. I would write-in George W. Bush before I would give Trump a chance, after watching his campaign. It's not a decision.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Well a vote for Hillary is a vote for W, so you will get your wish kemosabe.
I thought Hillary was more of the same of Obama, but if Hillary is W, too, then it's all W's all the way down.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Rasta_Al posted:

Trump's campaign has had the misfortune of being calculatingly scrutinized by every single major news outlet, while every single one of Hillary's gaffes disappears down the toilet or is spun into some story about how it's "totally no big deal".

They both suck poo poo my friend.
Two candidates can be bad and there's still going to be one that's worse. How you judge that is entirely up to you.

For me, it matters that Trump says Obama is the founder of ISIS, then later doubles down on it and Obama is "literally" the founder of ISIS, and even later says he was being sarcastic. His lies are constant and sometimes so nonsensical that they become insulting. The closest thing I can compare it to is when Hillary was claiming she didn't actually faint this 9/11 and just felt dizzy, which is a really dumb lie, but at least I know she's saying that to cover what poor condition she was in. When Trump spends decades pretending to be "John Miller" to promote himself, then admits it later, then denies it again, or when he has his staff try to pass anti-Semitic imagery through their twitter and claim that the Star of David is just a "sheriff's star", or they retweet fake crime statistics from white supremacists and then lie about it, when we can all plainly see the tweets, it paints the picture of someone who is horribly mentally unwell.

That his campaign can't raise funds at the same level of his competition, has gone through 2 previous campaign managers amid controversy and drama with his family, still keeps making insane comments blaming Obama for events that took place before he even held office, or struggles working with him so much that they sometimes have to admit they can't speak for the campaign when acting as campaign spokesperson are pretty illuminating of what his presidency would look like. He should be scrutinized for that and more, because he cultivates an environment of cheap lackeys stabbing each other in the back and scrambling to stay on whatever he's babbling about today before they are replaced by his family members and he funnels more money to himself through the campaign expenses. His complete inexperience, bad policies, and proud ignorance on issues does nothing but repel me, but I'm in NY so he's going to lose this state with or without me.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tallgeese posted:

So... Hillary has more rich supporters, since neither lure small donors like Sanders did? How is this a positive exactly?
As a candidate? Not really a positive beyond the effectiveness of your campaign. Big money is going to contribute more to candidates that will give them what they want (bad), but if your campaign is operating like a broken merry-go-round run by a shady conman they're going to hold out or not contribute as much. Basically, fundraising is just one metric of how well a campaign is being run, and being able to tap your voter pool for something substantial beyond just support is worth paying attention to. How big of a resource that is, in the first place, can certainly limit that.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mnoba posted:

Hillary Clinton being SoS was literally in charge of Benghazi people and accepted blame. What kind of retarded shill are you?
"Benghazi" usually refers to a shitload of conspiracy theories that Obama and Clinton told all troops to stand down to help win the next election and laughed and watched on live television while they had a coke orgy and a nap while generals were desperately calling with plans instead of the sad reality that our consulate was attacked and there wasn't a way to mobilize troops effectively in time to save four American lives. Clinton has accepted blame for the latter but was under investigation a ridiculous amount of times for the former with no discovery of any other evidence or conclusions.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Quantum Finger posted:

i can't believe anyone falls for this dog and pony show any more
At the end the pony goes to jail, right?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

whoflungpoop posted:

someone made fun of how little money trumphumpers make and boy are they gettin pissed
"You, specifically are what's wrong with America."
"You make $13/hr"
:aaaaa:

LOL, that's too far! He even used "cuck" as a genuine, non-ironic insult in his response, holy poo poo.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

"As a Republican I believe the failings of America is mostly due to the Tea Party, and Obama was a good president"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeYKFRV34kY

And HW Bush is voting for Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Sierra Nevadan posted:

who cares what a couple old decrepit mummies think
My point was that being a Republican doesn't require someone to think Hillary is the devil. They can even favor her over Trump. <gasp>

• Locked thread