Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

clinton is guaranteed to be terrible. trump might be worse, or he could be sort of okay. i don't think even he knows.

Agreed. Hillary Clinton is the conservative option for people who don't want to admit that they are conservative. Trump is the wild card option for people who are willing to gamble for the possibility of a better future. You know, liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

InterFaced posted:

This argument would work better if Trump wasn't surrounding himself with deplorable idiot fuckstains like Sean Hannity.

Whatever u NAZI, how many Islams did u kill today, u murderr and furthermore...!!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

leftists seem like violent bigots, speaking as a centrist.

Donald Trump is basically a republicrat. He is more centrist than any candidate in memory.

That weird Nazi guy with the rapist avatar that u quoted wants to murder you if you won't vote for his conservative candidate, Hillary Clinton.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/gary-johnson-swindle/

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Donald Trump doesn't actually have positions aside from ones that financially benefit him and his family

A functioning middle class financially benefits him and his family. That is his target demographic.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Trump compromising with the democratic members of congress is better than Hillary compromising with the Republican members of congress.

Gary.... has no popular support that he can use to whip congress with and he would accomplish not a single thing besides sitting on his hands to stall the executive.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
8 bit is one of the last remaining real-deal libertarians on SA and is therefore a precious resource. Please be mindful, as once they're gone, they're gone for good.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Internaut! posted:

I heard this thread had a legbeard cspam mod waving their enormous clit around like a hot dog

Your information is incorrect.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

It's already succeeded actually. Trump conceded Obama was born in America, which after years of arguing he wasn't in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary makes him look, once again, like an idiot who can't stop running his mouth only to have to backpedal soon after. At this point every second statement from trump is an apology or correction. Saying Trump started the birther movement is a bit of an exaggeration, but he was its highest profile member and was the main party behind the long form birth certificate argument after everyone else had given up (and of course years after Obama's long form birth certificate had first been put on public display). More importantly, Trump's birtherism is evidence of his extreme lack of credibility and conspiracy ideation to all but the alex jones fringe. Drawing attention to it is an obvious strategy.

The birther thing was about establishing cred in the conservative media. He voted for Obama. I've seen his records.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

The birther thing was about establishing cred in the conservative media. He voted for Obama. I've seen his records.

Please do not make the mistake of thinking that Donald J. Trump is going to be elected President of the United States by accident.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

Trump strategy all along seems to be to establish cred with the fringe right, simultaneously destroying all credibility with the majority, including mainstream republicans. I know people on both sides of politics want to believe that Trump is actually a master strategist playing the public like a fiddle, but its becoming very apparent he really is just an idiot. People kept saying that once he won the primary he would start appealing to the majority, instead he failed to even visit swing states, has fired multiple campaign managers, following a series of ludicrous blunders he is solely responsible for. Much like his business 'success' his political career is nothing but hot air.

The real humour will come at the end. So far he has drawn enough attention to his finances to assume that his wealth is almost entirely an illusion made up of conning a small group of investors into massive debt through the power of his brand. His campaign will destroy that brand while simultaneously draining his finances severely, leaving him relegated to reality tv and conspiracy radio, still a millionaire but massively reduced such that people no longer confuse his self-importance with actual importance.

The mainstream republicans you're talking about are the real smoke and mirrors. The party spent so much time and effort tricking people into working against their own self interest that they have absolutely 0 credibility with anyone outside the super wealthy. They still control the airwaves, but they don't have the votes anymore. The total ubiquity of the internet has hosed their whole playbook to hell. That's why the Democrats are the new party of the wealthy. They still have credibility to sell. The still have the useful idiots who will eat their scraps and excuse all their most disgusting behavior as no big deal. I'm sick of their poo poo. I'd rather elect a two-bit con artist than a two-thousand-bit con artist, and I will take the possibility of something good happening over the absolute certainty of nothing good happening.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Triple A posted:

funny how people who were against the W's Iraq war are repeating the exact same rhetoric for even more military adventures in some middle-eastern poo poo-holes

I don't think it's very funny.

I also think that the end game for arming radical Islamic militias and letting them run roughshod over northern Africa is probably pretty messed up.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

She tried to warn him..... :unsmith:

Maybe she does care about the little ppl after all..

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

its been wiped clean from the archives. Lowtax is compromised

It's hard 2 kno who 2 turst..

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

I hate yankees posted:

they used the mens rea defense meaning she did commit a crime but she did not do so knowingly nor had intent to do so iirc

Oopsie! I'm just a silly dum-dum!! What's natinerl secriflugth?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
As vicious citation as I've ever seen. That's "excessive celebration" level dosh. Like, you don't see fines that big unless someone does a touchdown dance.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
That mutherfucking loan is outright evil. I can't stand it!!!! I mean, if he had just collaborated with the SAS to assassinate the leader of a foreign country and then left its populace to suffer at the hands of radical Islamists, I think I could excuse it, but wow..

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

CalvinCoolidge posted:

Are snarky comebacks the only thing the Ctrl-Left are good at it?

Apparently not. :laugh:

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I think that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are two of the most qualified presidential candidates I've ever seen, for different reasons. The Empire has never been stronger.

Also, plz don't go attacking robot's character like that, he's a sport and you shouldn't be trying to give him anxieties.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Lemming posted:

I care about morals and ethics. Those topics are extremely important to me. That's why I'm voting for the candidate who openly advocates for explicitly targeting and killing children.

Yeah! That's for our allies to do, not us!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

In other news, if you rape a child to death through a hole in a sheet, YHWH can't see it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

I guess what I'm trying to say is , don't think of it as advocating for murdering children. Think of it as an end to outsourcing and a new era of transparency in government.

• Locked thread