Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol the TV just said that trump said obama was born in america but that he "started a new conspiracy theory that it was actually hillary who started the Birther movement?!?!?!?!?! " can you believe this guy!!!?

and hillary "shot back" with some lameass retort that they made seem like a sick burn. The corporate media being 10000000% in the bag for clinton should make any sensible person want to vote against her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Garcin posted:

She can't compare to super male vitality or a colloidal silver colonic. If you request to have the tube inserted into your anus it isn't gay.

cucky pizzone

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

Lol 5

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That has to be deliberate. Come on

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're through the drat looking glass

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

The odd choice of words for the first word in each statement... Lol this has to be real and I don't believe for a goddamn second it's not the kind of thing slick willy would do

Ya

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

Apparently you lack reading comprehension.

They need 60 seats to bypass a filibuster. They did not have 60 seats because Ted Kennedy was at home dying, meaning they only had 59 seats. They managed to get a Democrat to fill out Kennedy's term, at which point they had those 60 seats for just a couple months until the special election. Scott Brown (R) was looking like he was going to win the seat (and he did).

So they had to ram through what was already on the floor in that time, because there wasn't enough time for it to go back through committee and the House, since if it gets re-written on the Senate floor it has to go through the House again.

What was already on the floor was the gutted healthcare bill the GOP said they'd cooperate on but didn't so that's what we got.

The only self own here is you not comprehending basic civics.

Obama didn't try to get public support for meaningful
Healthcare reform and didn't try to pass meaningful healthcare reform. I voted for him too but please find a way to deal with reality.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

I didn't vote for him but please educate yourself on the political process because this thread is full of people who apparently think the executive has way more power than the office actually wields.

He had TONS of public support for healthcare reform. Unfortunately half the country was also screaming 'MUSLIM COMMUNIST' at him. Do you not remember the media repeating "DEATH PANELS" over and over again? He had no way of knowing in 2008-2009 that the GOP would lie and filibuster despite concessions from the Dems before the fact, and he had no way of knowing that pursuing cross-party relations at that point would be fruitless.

He should have realized that afterwards and taken a harder stance on future negotiations but that's a different issue.

Lol

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

He shoulda used the bully pulpit more.

Or at all

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bone to pick posted:

I love how when you're too poor to afford healthcare, but not poor enough to have medicaid, you can't just opt-out lol gotta give the government money for no reason.

Lol when I had no job I got free top of the line insurance. Now that I make a sub-subsistence wage I pay out the rear end for garbage insurance.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One cool trick to vaccum wealth out of the working class and redistribute it to insurance executives

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably the funniest is that it's based on income so Chinese nationals who's parents bought multimillion dollar condos in my city get free top of the line healthcare with zero deductible it co pays because they don't work and don't technically draw an income. Meanwhile I make $13 an hour and have an insurance plan with a multi thousand dollar deductible and $40 co pays thank you Obama.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

The fact is the Dems were ready to go with a public option until the GOP screamed bloody murder until it was removed. If you want to blame anyone blame the Tea Party for mucking up the best chance we had at reforming healthcare in this country for the next 20-30 years probably.

Lmao.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

The fact is the Dems were ready to go with a public option until the GOP screamed bloody murder until it was removed. If you want to blame anyone blame the Tea Party for mucking up the best chance we had at reforming healthcare in this country for the next 20-30 years probably.

You, specifically are what's wrong with America.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

You make $13/hr.

Ya

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
And you're probably some yospos fruit. What's your point?

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not a college dropout and I do a more noble and important job than whatever computer cuck daddy's boy nonsense Roy does but even if the things he said were true I would still be right?

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

Actually I'm in finance, as long as you're getting your hate boner hard.

Yeah like I said

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beta finance guy literally having a meltdown.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ya You're crying

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ban for Doxxing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roylicious posted:

"Those drat CHINESE just come over here and get cheaper insurance than I do with MY TAX MONEY even though they are way richer than I am :argh: All they do is just buy up multi-million dollar homes and use my healthcare!"

You're out of your depth OP.

• Locked thread