Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Thread about monsanto, a company that has presided over enormous advances in the agriculture industry and made quality food available to billions of people worldwide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Gee I wonder what side you favor

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you mean bayer?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
they gona get bought lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
http://modernfarmer.com/2014/03/monsantos-good-bad-pr-problem/ some light reading

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

modern farmers farm gold not plants, lol idiot

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
this thread probably belongs in dnd where it can be moderated by unbiased ex employees of monsanto who have been graciously accepted as moderation staff by our benefactor lowtax

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

rotinaj posted:

Gee I wonder what side you favor

this but unironically

what r u thoughts about monsanto op?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

They've probably done some bad things as well as some good things.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

can't wait for monsanto to get even more ruthlessly efficient under their new german masters

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
monsanto is a great argument for the corporate death sentence

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

post ur fav items from this, the monsanto corporate merchandise store http://monsantostore.corpmerchandise.com/default.aspx

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Carmant posted:

They've probably done some bad things as well as some good things.

Relatively speaking, when youre big its not something you can prevent. for example, you probably crush ants under your foot when you walk on grass without knowing about it. you cant always be aware of every effect your actions have. thats just part of the cycle of samsara

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

Thread about monsanto, a company that has presided over enormous advances in the agriculture industry and made quality food available to billions of people worldwide

huh?

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i think i might get the monsanto bluetooth speaker

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
when we hold these satellites by grubby human hands they cannot break the surly bonds of earth

who cares if we must view greatness by living between its toes, that we are crushed by its stirrings?

it is our lot to rot beneath such magnificence, so that from it may fall a touch of manna, so tomorrow our children may rot anew

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

they are pieces of poo poo and they eat poo poo and drink piss

much like the op

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

they are pieces of poo poo and they eat poo poo and drink piss

much like the op

gently caress this kid ban him and his famil teach a lesson

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
monsanto means mountain of the saints if it means anything at all, that's all you need to know about your wormy little valley subura

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
most of the smaller farmers in my area have sold their farms to bigger families who just get everything from sam's club monsanto. the families don't really know anything about farming because they haven't farmed in generations, they've just owned farms and driven bigger and bigger trucks. I don't care about monsanto as much as I do the idiot farmowners who hire shitheads to drive expensive rear end equipment on rural roads with the equipment too low, tearing chunks out every time the stupid poo poo bounces (and it always bounces because they never keep the tires properly inflated). if I visit my parents, it's either go 10-15 min out of the way or cause tons of wear and tear on my car. I guess in a roundabout way monsanto is responsible for this by making it easier for farmowners to spend 11.5 months of the year complaining about how hard it is to own a farm while the duggars/larry_the_cable_guys do all the work and cause tons of expensive infrastructural damage

sometimes a man needs an f450 to haul those big balls around

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
hey we all gotta be a mommas boy sadist that gets bottled at some point right?

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I might be going to Monsanto soon, just to raise me up a crop of dental floss

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
i spat in Monsanto's face and then called their global offices and personally explained to various vice presidents and ceo's how much i wanted to virally progress their crops using souls

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I wish they would start genetically engineering animals for me to eat.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

its cool when their lovely roundup ready(tm) crops blow into a neighboring field and then they sue the owner of that field for stealing their precious roundup ready(tm) crops

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i like gmos

i like people to have food to eat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I think OP was genetically engineered by Monsanto.

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

its cool when their lovely roundup ready(tm) crops blow into a neighboring field and then they sue the owner of that field for stealing their precious roundup ready(tm) crops

i like when the wolves cluster and use scorch and burn like combat tactics because i am sick and not nefarious

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I wish they would start genetically engineering animals for me to eat.

this is where research should be going

lets stop feeding our animals corn and start growing them on it

beef on the cob
pork on the cob
reconstituted cob meat ribs

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
let's take a page from mom and dad's book heh

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

dookifex_maximus posted:

this is where research should be going

lets stop feeding our animals corn and start growing them on it

beef on the cob
pork on the cob
reconstituted cob meat ribs

I just want to eat a chicken that goes "moo".

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
'€€€ WolfPacKK €€€ I named the team this because wolves hunt in packs and there "communication" is extremly good. In there domain they are "powerful". They have earned "respect" for how and what they do'

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
monsanto is a good company for its agriculture advancement agreed op

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I just want to eat a chicken that goes "moo".

sure, why not, ambiance is everything. we can also give them wings and necks, heads, faces and beaks to deal with pests like crows and locusts

just no brain though, and we're kosh right?

*gets some jerkbag intern to make up an artist's rendering of a crop of tranquil fields of tall stalks terminating in chicken-cob-beef cutlet critters chilling and attacking the occasional fly that gets too close*

the coolest thing is the organic rf emitter/sensor organs that keep them from attacking one another, johnson here presented that little idea himself and it gave us a 5% growth on our gross, so he got kudos and the rights to a third child within the noble marriage pool, so hats off to johnson, we're all very jealous of johnson... hahaha, don't commute through the freefire zone without an entourage johnson, hahaha

now seriously, folks, we have to address this growing underclasses problem *overpronounces the p too hard into the microphone at the shareholders meeting and loses $400,000 over 20 years for that mistake)

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 15, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

this never actually happened btw

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

dookifex_maximus posted:

dookifex_maximus hosed around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 14:50

Good edit for clarification

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

:newlol: idiots like this poster actually believed this poo poo happened because of some lovely documentary they watched :newlol:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Lupin posted:

Good edit for clarification

yea i put a lot of effort into my word salad, if you add up all the five dollar words in my posts my gdp is bigger than latvia

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I feel like Monsanto has been mismanaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

dookifex_maximus posted:

yea i put a lot of effort into my word salad, if you add up all the five dollar words in my posts my gdp is bigger than latvia

and my debts are too

HEYO

• Locked thread