Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Mine are:

1.) "I am Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails."
2.) "Ya know, sneezes are like mini orgasms."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
dad: "I'm maynard from t00l"

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
had a tough childhood. could only get one toy at a time, not two, regardless of price. GI Joes were like $2, and my sister's Barbie's were like $15. poo poo seems incredibly unfair in retrospect.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
"This is your other dad."

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
a gbs thread about dad's, this won't end in a dark place at all

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Dad: "Well son, the funny thing about regret is: it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, would you be sure and tell her...

SATAN
SATAN
SATAN
SATAN"

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Bug Bill Murray posted:

dad: "I'm maynard from t00l"

Haha that would be weird. The truth though is that Maynard from Tool has no children.

PotatoManJack posted:

Dad: "Well son, the funny thing about regret is: it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done. And by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, would you be sure and tell her...

SATAN
SATAN
SATAN
SATAN"

lol

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
my dad has called me a life failure many times and this is because i am actually a life failure

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

personable decorum posted:

my dad has called me a life failure many times and this is because i am actually a life failure

What the hell is a life failure? All I can imagine is a cute animal being born dead.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
In high school I started dating a dogfucker named Lauren, anyway before I knew she hosed dogs I brought her over to watch tv

My dad came home from work all pissed at me for being a disappointment

He looks at Lauren and said "word of advice, you ever sleep with this jackass make sure you're on top because the only thing he knows how to do is gently caress up"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

"Happy Birthday, son. Your gift is a Something Awful Forums account."

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
"I'm proud of you."

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
"Nice meltdown."

i've never been the same since....

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
"why yes it is your fault your mother and I are getting a divorce"

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014

personable decorum posted:

Mine too!

Except it was about the fact that I put too much ginger in his chai.

...I don't really talk to my dad much anymore

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

What the hell is a life failure? All I can imagine is a cute animal being born dead.

when you spend all day reading Sartre and hanging out with Camp David's psyche advisory board and judges ur brain just snaps and becomes its own prison

it doesnt help when ur mom is the nickel town red devil whirl wind and throws butchers knives at u when shes in a tizzy

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i call it phenomenological nlp cuzz its nice and redundant enough for me to say go gently caress yourself dad with

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Dad posted:

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
~i talk to my dad often and enjoy the time i get with him. he's a very busy guy and plays cards constantly and he's obsessed with my mom still. life is loving crazy i dont really give a gently caress about much other than my dogs and jessica for some reason AMA in fyad one day~

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Gatekeeper posted:

In high school I started dating a dogfucker named Lauren, anyway before I knew she hosed dogs I brought her over to watch tv

My dad came home from work all pissed at me for being a disappointment

He looks at Lauren and said "word of advice, you ever sleep with this jackass make sure you're on top because the only thing he knows how to do is gently caress up"

Haha funny cool dad

FIRST TIME posted:

"Happy Birthday, son. Your gift is a Something Awful Forums account."

And on that day you realized you were a man.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SatansChoice posted:

~i talk to my dad often and enjoy the time i get with him. he's a very busy guy and plays cards constantly and he's obsessed with my mom still. life is loving crazy i dont really give a gently caress about much other than my dogs and jessica for some reason AMA in fyad one day~

What is it like to be happy?

:v:

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
everything after the warm, breezy day he swore to never speak to me again

like dude, keep at least one promise

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
He once asked me which hand I jack off with. I told him I use both hands. He said "My boy jacks off with both hands. Nice. I only use the right hand." More information than I wanted to know and give.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

What is it like to be happy?

:v:

lol

:iceburn:

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
"get a real job take care of your mom"

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
He called me a disgusting liberal leech for moving back home after college. Because I had to drop out due to severe mental illness. That I inherited from his garbage genes.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Nothing :smith:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"here's my number, it's on you if you want to stay in touch"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I always hated wearin a shirt while I crapped, I'd always take off my shirt to sit on the bowl. I think I was afraid it would get splashed or something lol

Anyway I'm like 7 maybe and my dad has some friends over and out of the blue he says "hey guys get this - my son can't poo poo without takin his shirt off. Every time he takes a poo poo, he's gotta take his shirt off first. I think my son is Puerto Rican!"

This was a. embarrassing and b. confusing

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that was about 16 years ago

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He said "Dying is a real bitch." It was the last thing he ever said to me, because he was dying.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Gatekeeper posted:

I always hated wearin a shirt while I crapped, I'd always take off my shirt to sit on the bowl. I think I was afraid it would get splashed or something lol

Anyway I'm like 7 maybe and my dad has some friends over and out of the blue he says "hey guys get this - my son can't poo poo without takin his shirt off. Every time he takes a poo poo, he's gotta take his shirt off first. I think my son is Puerto Rican!"

This was a. embarrassing and b. confusing

You are really weird and I want to know more about you. Start a A/T thread.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
just the tip

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh wait... I remember it now, he asked;

Are there stairs in your house?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ProfessorMurder posted:

You are really weird and I want to know more about you. Start a A/T thread.

Gatekeeper is the apple of my eye and the jewel of my post heart

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

The last thing my dad said to me was "I think I might die soon so if you don't hear from me in a few days that's why". He died a few days later. Not sure how he knew. I figured he was just saying a drunk thing like he always did, so i blew it off. I'm sad that I didn't believe him and I never got to say goodbye.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I am your father.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
A man has needs, as I'm sure you know."

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
well he wasn't really talking it was more of a grunt but he was pooping straight into my butt, it was turble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Reject premise, assumes verbal communication took place.

• Locked thread