Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

You may be familiar with the new market of comedic gold that is youtube pranks and "Social Experiments"

This hot new trend has led to the top psychological researches of our day asking hard hitting questions such as "How do people react if you act like you're going to kill them with a bomb"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zywZVhbymJg

And "Do people like it when you try to steal their bike?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoB61m3iYvk

I feel that this is a market we have left untapped for far too long and as a result deem it necessary for us to come up with a brand new group of groundbreaking social experiments in order to do a service to science by gaining better insight into the workings of the human mind.

An example:

The Joy Buzzer Social Experiment
Pose as a trained surgeon about to insert a pacemaker into a patient, however instead of inserting the pacemaker put in a novelty joy buzzer which painfully shocks their insides at regular intervals. This will allow us to learn how people react to having life endangering surgery done on them by an amateur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

something where you make a bad thread something i dunno whatever use your imagination

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The fart face social experiment:

Find a sleeping person then test how they react to you blowing a gigantic fart in their face.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Applewhite posted:

The fart face social experiment:

Find a sleeping person then test how they react to you blowing a gigantic fart in their face.

Youtube/vine is wayyyyyyyyyy ahead of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxVAiL7qvJg

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The racist art social experiment:

Hold a fake art show where the central exhibit is a large painting of a very racist caricature of a Black person. Watch as all the patrons get worked up and super angry about it. Interview them saying what a huge peice of poo poo the artist is and what they want to do to him. Then, when the audience is at its angriest, reveal that the artist is in fact a Black man himself and have him explain that the piece was a commentary on racism and watch the audience tripping over themselves to proclaim that the painting is brilliant and beautiful.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
I'm trying out the "vote 1 and contribute 0 to a thread even though I sincerely think the concept is pretty good" experiment as we speak, OP. I'll let you know how it goes!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
The hot lava plume skinny dip challenge.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Worldshatter posted:

You may be familiar with the new market of comedic gold that is youtube pranks and "Social Experiments"

This hot new trend has led to the top psychological researches of our day asking hard hitting questions such as "How do people react if you act like you're going to kill them with a bomb"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zywZVhbymJg

These fuckers stole this idea from the Jalals in Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqgXhblr-w

Australia is such a basic bitch country that the media were screaming about these videos for weeks, the counter terrorism police raided the kids' home and they were arrested and hauled in front of a judge on 'public nuisance' charges even though it's incredibly obvious that the videos are staged and their 'victims' are in on the joke.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
The "Stand in a line without reaching for your phone" challenge.

The "See how long you can look at someone in public before they notice" test.

The "Ask someone if you can pet their dog" contest

The "Emergency phone swap" prank

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The "Leave your house and strike up a conversation with a stranger without creeping them out" contest

Too extreme for me
:negative:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The "rusty bucket" challenge

How many doorknobs in a pillow case does it take to knock a stranger out?

Self-driving mustang crowd reaction

Dynamite or Dud?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

amityville anus posted:

Dynamite or Dud?

I can see LA Beast trying this one

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
rear end or swallowed lit?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
How do people react when you try and cut their dick off with a knife?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Actually wasn't there a tweet someone said about the game "Outlast" where a dude tries to cut your dick off and the tweeter said, "Haha dudes are scared of becoming girls when they lose their dick." where most dudes are just think, "OH GOD PLEASE DOnT CUT MY DICK OFF"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Getting your dick cut off would be horrible, but how do we know FOR SURE until we see some rear end in a top hat on youtube do it to strangers?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Obvious one: show up at weddings and stand up with an objection when they get to that part of the ceremony.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

convince white teenager streamers to upload to w*hh instead of youtube

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
Let's see how the Establishment handles the little rat maze I create for them by yelling 'fire' in a crowded theatre.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Engrave, "It's just a prank" on the bullet I used to shoot the president.

lol why are you mad? It was just a jovial jape.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Drunken Baker posted:

Engrave, "It's just a prank" on the bullet I used to shoot the president.

lol why are you mad? It was just a jovial jape.
Better still, how about engraving your bullets with the numbers '1', '3' and '4'. The coroner will go wild looking for #2!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

ConstantDelays posted:

Better still, how about engraving your bullets with the numbers '1', '3' and '4'. The coroner will go wild looking for #2!

Genuinely laughed out loud in work there.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Put one of those loudspeaker bullhorns on the top of a car, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

Then, get behind slow drivers and tailgate them, while blasting the "Rock and Roll McDonalds" refrain on a loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jK1A4r8Unc

Film the reactions, if any.

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 16, 2016

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Get King rear end Ripper to go into stores and fast food restaurants, and do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK_c90uGDc4

Except instead of saying "a hard dresser to fart on" he says "a hard counter to fart on" and he sits on the checkout counters.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Walk into crowded fast food restaurants and announce "IT'S FEEDIN' TIME" very loudly, take a few moments and film any reactions, then run away.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Pay a dude to kick your rear end at a bar.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Drunken Baker posted:

Pay a dude to kick your rear end at a bar.

The judge said I'm not allowed to pay dudes to do things to my rear end any more :(

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

do "its just a prank!" videos except dont film them

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
Reverse your sexuality for 15 years. Boy will your partner's face be red when you tell him/her!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The "randomly sexually assault everyone around you" experiment, we see how these people react to getting their genitals violently fondled!

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
Social hypothesis: People do not enjoy me drinking from their glass, then wiping my mouth on their tie, then belching loudly.

Can anyone think of a social experiment to help me (dis)prove this? My thesis is so nearly complete.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i dont get youtube prank videos. the people know the prank is coming. that destroys the comedic value of the prank

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Let some impoverished Bangladeshi kids make t-shirts in public and then offer shopping people the t-shirts for free, take all the t-shirts for free and sell them on eBay for a fair price, then buy a cheap used guitar with the profits and learn to play it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ConstantDelays posted:

Social hypothesis: People do not enjoy me drinking from their glass, then wiping my mouth on their tie, then belching loudly.

Can anyone think of a social experiment to help me (dis)prove this? My thesis is so nearly complete.

Pretty sure this was a skit on Impractical Jokers.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Relin posted:

i dont get youtube prank videos. the people know the prank is coming. that destroys the comedic value of the prank

You see it's not really a prank for comedic value, it's a social experiment for intellectual value

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
find a source of income that isn't click bait staged videos on youtube? doesn't sound like it'd be a good social experiment, also our top voted comment is called "do a rape" social experiment, sorry.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Hold a fake art show where the central exhibit is a large painting of a very racist caricature of a Black person. Watch as all the patrons get worked up and super angry about it. Interview them saying what a huge peice of poo poo the artist is and what they want to do to him. Then, when the audience is at its angriest, reveal that the artist is in fact a Black man himself and have him explain that the piece was a commentary on racism and watch the audience tripping over themselves to proclaim that the painting is brilliant and beautiful.

Alt: Have some art that appears to be a touching representation of a racial movement, then reveal the artist to be a huge racist rear end in a top hat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
randomly pick a car on the road and follow it wherever it goes. When it stops, you stop. If the driver leaves the car, wait for them to come back. Do this until they sell the car

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Applewhite posted:

good thought but it wouldn't work

people don't pay to see stuff that they heard might offend them, they just post about it on the internet or, if they're crazy, picket about it outside. that way they stay pure

besides which the entire point of art is to attempt to evoke a response; there's plenty of modern art that's just racist or whatever merely to provoke rather than to persuade. the people who buy tickets would probably just yawn and say how derivative and stale it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Randomly pick out a person on the street. Kidnap, kill and skin them. Wear their bloody skin. Become that person.

See how long you can make the disguise last! Bonus points if you convince their close friends and family members for over an hour.

• Locked thread