Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Taylor Swift posted:

BMW MASTER PLAN is play on Official Server

vvv In theory, but there will def be a wipe after EA and probably a few in the mean time due to inevitable game breaking bugs.

Those are official server types.

Did ARK ever wipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: ITS OUT :siren: LETS PLAY

https://www.discord.fuckgoons.com

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 31, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So do we want to go with big thick dicks or little tiny dicks to make it more insulting when we steamroll pubbies

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We want dicks that are slightly above average but you can only tell if you stare.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
If you swim behind someone with a giant wang, it appears out of their anus.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Yowza that's a big download.

EDIT: Nevermind apparently it just unpacks into a way bigger install. The initial one said 30-odd gigs but the download manager says 18.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Almost reinstalled Ark, picked this up instead. DEHUMANIZE YOURSELVES AND FACE TO BLOODSHED :black101:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Oh dang, 39.99 canadian huh...

Anywhere to get a deal on it by any chance? I love Conan but for early access 40 bones is pretty steep.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Evil Canadian posted:

Oh dang, 39.99 canadian huh...

Anywhere to get a deal on it by any chance? I love Conan but for early access 40 bones is pretty steep.

Nope, probably wont be any for a while tbh. Took 2 years before Rust ever went on sale.

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

I haven't played any of these survival games before but I think I'm gonna drop the money and try this one out, because a survival game with goons sounds hilarious, and also I'm an idiot

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Rubberbanding like crazy right now and most goons in the BMW are having a hard time meeting up with the server capping. Hopefully it'll smooth out by the weekend.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Lag is strong in this one. I like the idea of the leveling system though. Hated hitting barrels for blueprints in rust.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
leveling is great,
max graphics with over 100 fps is great,
netcode doesn't exist, rubberband hell....

Lets hope for a week 1 miracle patch

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Hormples posted:

I haven't played any of these survival games before but I think I'm gonna drop the money and try this one out, because a survival game with goons sounds hilarious, and also I'm an idiot

It is the best, Ark, Rust, hopefully this, have been some of the best gaming ever because of the people not necessarily the game.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Thinking about picking this up. Are the servers region split ? This game only makes sense for me if I can play it with lots of goons.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Any EU Goons who are going to be playing this?

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Usenet Magic-User posted:

leveling is great,
max graphics with over 100 fps is great,
netcode doesn't exist, rubberband hell....

Lets hope for a week 1 miracle patch

I'm hoping for a miracle patch that actually let's the game start.

Orv
May 4, 2011
This loving game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sw54Pdh_m8

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This game is pretty fun when it works. Raided some bases, killed some people, ate them, used their bones for weapon crafting, built some structures, got lost in a dungeon which led to being on top of a mountain alone with a boss meant for a group of organized players.

I never played Ark but I'm having loads of fun with this. Probably will switch over to Dark & Light when that comes out but if and when they fix the net code, I'll be logging in regularly.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Demiurge4 posted:

Any EU Goons who are going to be playing this?

Yeah. We're playing with the American crew, though.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Yeah. We're playing with the American crew, though.

Gonna have to live with the warp then.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Someone post when server 12 works again please.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gamesguy posted:

Someone post when server 12 works again please.

I wouldn't worry about it. Turns out though stone weapons are "of insufficient quality" you can punch buildings apart just fine.

E: Also it turns out you can get up onto at least part of that bridge just by walking, we should probably fortify that when they fix building health.

Orv fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 31, 2017

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Green Man Gaming is sending out 20% vouchers that work for Conan Exiles. Just picked it up for $24 and am installing it right now. I'm hoping they'll have the server issues figured out by the time I get home from work.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Inkel posted:

Green Man Gaming is sending out 20% vouchers that work for Conan Exiles. Just picked it up for $24 and am installing it right now. I'm hoping they'll have the server issues figured out by the time I get home from work.

Dang. If I refund and get this do I need to reinstall? Never refunded a game before.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They've already said on reddit that they are working on a fix for rubber banding but that it is also caused by what is essentially a DDOS of their servers with everyone trying to log in and refreshing server lists and all.

Source: me, the head CM guy responded to me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I cant get past the dick slider part of character creation, the choices are too many.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I mean, the only real choices are comically huge or comically tiny.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

Hammerstein posted:

Thinking about picking this up. Are the servers region split ? This game only makes sense for me if I can play it with lots of goons.
Got a server browser just like ARK, Arma, any valve game, etc. Can sort by ping and whatnot. Seems you can join whatever you want.

Harminoff posted:

Dang. If I refund and get this do I need to reinstall? Never refunded a game before.

You could try renaming the folder with all the conan poo poo in it in your Program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\conanshit folder. I don't think it forces you to uninstall. When I refunded Verdun last year it was just greyed out and unlaunchable via steam but all the files were still on my rig.

I sifted through reddit and found some developer posts. Apparently Battleeye is causing a lot of issues so if you are having conan problems try updating that poo poo from the source. They're working on a bunch of fixes and are aware of poo poo being hosed up right now. They also pinned a topic on the steam forums of big issues they're working on: http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/3/133255957992335136/

And here's a handy map with coordinates, for coordinating group tea-baggings:

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 31, 2017

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

how does one acquire a GMG voucher?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
First game where I don't have to install a penismod. count me in.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

how does one acquire a GMG voucher?
Got an email from them about it :peanut:

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004
1. If you want to auto-attack start swinging at something then bring up the map, when you hit the map key again you'll just keep swinging. Great for those mining runs.

2. How do you rotate building pieces? I want to build a spiral staircase but the stairs keep going the wrong way. I've seen people do it on streams but I don't see the hot-key anywhere.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Scroll MMB.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure this is like the worst game Ive ever played but it has a dong slider so

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Does this game seem like it would be fun solo offline or even online? I'm down with some bizarro Conan world and open builder but I don't have a ton of free time to group up with people. I'm guessing if I played online I'd just get my teeth kicked in by organized players but perhaps it's worth messing around by myself?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Does this game seem like it would be fun solo offline or even online? I'm down with some bizarro Conan world and open builder but I don't have a ton of free time to group up with people. I'm guessing if I played online I'd just get my teeth kicked in by organized players but perhaps it's worth messing around by myself?

the game doesnt even function atm but you can have a big ol dick

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is it guys, this is the survival game that will come out of early access and be released.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

This is it guys, this is the survival game that will come out of early access and be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the idea of buying into an EA open world game makes me nauseous but I dig the Conan world and if I can get a dozen hours out of it might be worthwhile.

Bets on when the first paid expansion well still in EA happens? I give it until June.

• Locked thread