Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

This is it guys, this is the survival game that will come out of early access and be released.

I hear they're pegging the release date to be alongside Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Anarchy Online, Secret World and Age of Conan? Sounds like an alright track record to me. You can bet your footlong warrior dong that there will be some microtransaction cosmetics with a launch price of $30.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Secret World was alright, I don't remember anything particular wrong with it at launch. AO and Age of Conan though...

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
So Pros:

+ Game has a meaningful stat system, and levelling system (IE levelling is fun and feels satisfying progressing, and stats matter. Being able to carry more poo poo and smash faces harder or have more health or have food/water last longer is neat and good)
+ PVE is a fun distraction and ensures you have something to do when not PVPing
+ PVP, when not rubberbanding, is hilarious and fun
+ Standard UE4 base building, VERY akin to Rust
+ Full Mod support
+ Community hosted servers are super customizable
+ :dong:

Cons (currently):

- No Linux server support at the moment, BTFO
- Rubberbanding across all servers, but a patch is coming in like 2 hours?
- Currently, you can punch down t1 walls, I don't know how they missed that but lol
- Official servers have clan limit sizes, and enforced 70 slot maxes until the map is expanded

Tonight, join us for roaming on community servers, punching down bases and slaying mans with our handcrafted welfare gear! The good word must be spread. :getin:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 31, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Inkel posted:

I hear they're pegging the release date to be alongside Star Citizen

So the same as every early access survival game then.

At the heat death of the universe we can sure look forward to some good gamin

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Good to hear at least there's some point in the stat system. Those paper walls though are kind of a shame.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Yeah the idea of buying into an EA open world game makes me nauseous but I dig the Conan world and if I can get a dozen hours out of it might be worthwhile.

Bets on when the first paid expansion well still in EA happens? I give it until June.

its not very faithful to the conan lore tbh its nothing like the RE Howard stories

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So does your character work across servers? You get your dude with a huge rear end dick and level him up and craft a bunch of stuff on server A. Can you then go to server B with your huge rear end dick and wreck peoples hovels?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

- Official servers have clan limit sizes, and enforced 70 slot maxes until the map is expanded
This belongs under "pro"

Kimsemus posted:

have food/water last longer is neat and good)
:chloe:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 31, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like to imagine that this game captures how early man was. There's something visceral satisfying about raiding or kidnapping NPCs. Rename all museums exhibits about primitive humans to "Early man: geez what an rear end in a top hat (but his dick was pretty big)"

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

why would some GMG customers get a voucher and some not? like i want to get this fakakta game but not for full price

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
official pvp server #12 is back up, im the only one on at the moment, new player cap is 40, use steam server browser and favorite 192.99.46.178:17011

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Re Euro Goons: echoing what someone said earlier that there's several with us.

However, once we've gotten into a groove and understand the game we will have coherent groups that will on at different times, so we will need plenty of euros for graveyard while us Americans are worshipping the god emperorasleep

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

auzuguwu posted:

official pvp server #12 is back up, im the only one on at the moment, new player cap is 40, use steam server browser and favorite 192.99.46.178:17011

Annnd it's frozen again.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hear if you press pause on the keyboard it pauses the server, that's pretty impressive on the "how did this make it to launch?" scale of gently caress-ups.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I hear if you press pause on the keyboard it pauses the server, that's pretty impressive on the "how did this make it to launch?" scale of gently caress-ups.

Can confirm.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I don't see the appeal of PvP in these games but am hype to co-op with friends

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Glenn Quebec posted:

I've always wanted a mechanic where you can kidnap other players and make them a slave NPC.
The victim would respawn at their camp but they know that their poor doppleganger is out there doing unspeakable things.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

quote:

Update from the developers
posted by Community Manager (Andy B) @ 03:13PM on January 31, 2017
Greetings, Exiles!

Early Access is here and the initial interest in the game is well beyond our expectations! Conan Exiles has soared to the top of both Steam and Twitch, and a very large number of players have begun their journey in the Exiled Lands.

We're very excited to see thousands flock to Conan Exiles to be part of the development process together with us on the development team, and you have already helped us identify some key issues that we are now working very hard to resolve.

We just released a patch that fixes some of the issues that have been reported so far today. One of the things we are trying to address is the lag (including the so-called 'rubberbanding') that have revealed itself on many of the official servers.

You will notice that the official servers that previously had a capacity of 70 players have now been reduced to 40 players. This is a temporary solution to ensure a better play experience for you while we work on resolving the underlying issues. We expect to increase the player capacity as soon as those issues are resolved. This patch has also introduced other fixes that should alleviate some of the lag issues.

The team continues to work hard on fixing problems as they come up. In these first few days after launch our focus is on resolving the most pressing issues, and we will be introducing more patches over the next few days to make the experience better.

Please remember to share your feedback with us here on the forums. This is Early Access and your feedback is critical for us to be able to improve the game. This is just the start of the journey and we're very excited to be sharing this journey with you.

Make sure to check out the Patch Notes post for the latest update information:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/discussions/0/142261352660363713/

Best regards,
The Conan Exiles Team

:wooper:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the survival game genre has been interesting to me but i haven't stepped in and touched the poop since OG dayZ. when I saw the giant snake wrap around the building and the statue walk over and punch it in the face I was sold, you can have my thirty bucks funcom.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Does this game genuinely need several minutes to load or is it Funcompetence?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Gay Horney you'll be happy to know there is a dong sizer in the game too

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I have I on SSD and it's fast but that might be because SSD.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
mods please change my name to Dong Slider

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Baron Porkface posted:

Does this game genuinely need several minutes to load or is it Funcompetence?

I have mine loaded on an SSD as well, it loads really fast but can't speak to individual results. UE4 tends to be CPU heavy when loading assets.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Are goons playing on the Battleye required servers? Cause man, I do not like what I'm reading in that EULA or online about that system.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1stGear posted:

Are goons playing on the Battleye required servers? Cause man, I do not like what I'm reading in that EULA or online about that system.

Yes, and it'll be pretty normal on every server. I've used BattleEye for Arma as well, and it's no more intrusive than Warden, EAC, or VAC. Except unlike most of those, it actually works quite well.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I was going to pass on this, but then I got a voucher from GMG that pushed its price close enough to my "if this game turns out to be a dumpster fire I am ok with my money being used as kindling" price point so I went ahead and bought it. Are goons still coordinating on the BMW discord to do stuff because I dont want to play this probably bad game all by myself.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

1stGear posted:

...I'm reading in that EULA...

Oh gently caress dude don't do that. :tinfoil:

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Givin posted:

If you swim behind someone with a giant wang, it appears out of their anus.

Boo. Call me when they develop penis collision detection.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
So nobody is really talking about any of the systems in this game.

How is the crafting system? Fun? Can you make interesting stuff? Is the crafting system deep and complex or shallow and simple?
How is the combat? I see there is rubber-banding, but does combat make sense? Does it feel like you're actually in a fight, or is it like Ark where enemies will blow you up instantly, so you stand somewhere their AI fails to reach you and plink arrows into them until they are dead?
How is the base building? Assuming it's in the game, can you actually build things on mountains and pillars and not just flat terrain? Can you actually form working cities with a clan, or is it just "poop out a house wherever".

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Nerolus posted:

Oh gently caress dude don't do that. :tinfoil:

I have a friend that won't use discord because of poo poo like this. They're gonna listen to our convos!

What a boring pointless time that would be.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

I'd love to be able to get in the admin panel of a dedicated server, but alas it must be bugged. No matter how many times I enter the password, it just doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I only got to play about 20 minutes last night but I ended up going full nudity, making a pick, discovering an oasis, crafting pants to cover my magnificent uncut donkey dick and got killed by a turtle monster. Combat and crafting feels a lot like ARK at the moment but I like the art style.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

making the dong a slider was a waste of resources, people are only going to use one of 2 options, it should have been a toggle switch like

lol <> LOL

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Give it time after a few months one of the goons favorite past times will be hunting down characters who have been worked on in the character creator for hours for the sole purpose of standing next to the naked woman player model and typing out sexual acts. Hunting one down will be the coming of age test of all in the goon tribe

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Man the servers are kind of lovely, they keep disappearing. I made a p awesome fort, too.

Edit: whatever you do, don't play on a random server. It's like 30 guys all waiting in ambush for new players. Kind of funny the first time, but a little strange to waste a whole day on it.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 1, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Give it time after a few months one of the goons favorite past times will be hunting down characters who have been worked on in the character creator for hours for the sole purpose of standing next to the naked woman player model and typing out sexual acts. Hunting one down will be the coming of age test of all in the goon tribe

My reaction on seeing there were role-playing servers was to bust out laughing. You can basically guarantee anyone playing on one is going to be maximum creeplord, far more so than RP servers in other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

1stGear posted:

My reaction on seeing there were role-playing servers was to bust out laughing. You can basically guarantee anyone playing on one is going to be maximum creeplord, far more so than RP servers in other games.

Creeplords and us, perfect mix

• Locked thread