Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
it's apparently going to be less shooting lightning and more summoning shadow creatures or something I think they said in one of the dev streams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
I'm curious how the split from PerfectPing will work with people who bought the special edition. Do people still get their 25% off a server the devs have officially announced was inferior? Real selling point there.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I would imagine that the server company they go into will pick up the offer considering the popularity.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kizurue posted:

I'm curious how the split from PerfectPing will work with people who bought the special edition. Do people still get their 25% off a server the devs have officially announced was inferior? Real selling point there.

They're gonna transfer the deal over to the new server partner

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I know this is still a $30 game but for a new launch of an EA title this already has some good polish and obviously a lot of potential. I'm running my own server for me and my friends for now but when they get the server stuff worked out, and some patches in, the PVP looks to be incredibly fun.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

drat i just want all this fuckery to be fixed quickly with an official non-temporary guild on a permanent server. right now I'm playing without friends on a random server and getting way too attached to my hobo house

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Hi I'm a lazy garbage person who hasn't read the thread so I'm sorry if this has been discussed, even on this page. Does the "preparing character" screen take a long time? Like, ten minutes+? The little loading bar is still doing its animation but I don't know if the game is stuck or what. First time I'm loading it up.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

Hi I'm a lazy garbage person who hasn't read the thread so I'm sorry if this has been discussed, even on this page. Does the "preparing character" screen take a long time? Like, ten minutes+? The little loading bar is still doing its animation but I don't know if the game is stuck or what. First time I'm loading it up.

I have an SSD and that sucker still takes somewhere around 45 seconds to a minute. So it's possible.

Does anyone know if they fixed single player server options so we can once again adjust durability and such? A shield only blocking twice and weapons tools breaking after like 10 swings has rendered sp basically unplayable.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Ugh pressing the hotkey twice to repair an item instantaneously...Game..Unplayable.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
That T1 shield is like 5 big chucks of bark lashed together with some lovely twine twisted out of grass. I don't really expect it to do much but maybe absorb one good crocodile bite before I get demolished.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Saxophone posted:

I have an SSD and that sucker still takes somewhere around 45 seconds to a minute. So it's possible.

Does anyone know if they fixed single player server options so we can once again adjust durability and such? A shield only blocking twice and weapons tools breaking after like 10 swings has rendered sp basically unplayable.

Yeah the beginning shield is pure poo poo. My weapons and tools aren't breaking after 10 swings though. They're also really easy to repair.

The course armor also has poo poo durability, which makes sense. Also easy to repair.

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
I have probably started on 5 different official servers as each one vanished forever and now they've taken them all away. So I'm trying private servers and have yet to find one that stays up for more than an hour or so straight before disappearing for awhile or forever. Constantly starting over is no fun.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Titus Vespasian posted:

I have probably started on 5 different official servers as each one vanished forever and now they've taken them all away. So I'm trying private servers and have yet to find one that stays up for more than an hour or so straight before disappearing for awhile or forever. Constantly starting over is no fun.

Here :)

https://conan-exiles.com/servers/uptime/

Hatrack
Sep 29, 2008

Titus Vespasian posted:

The official server browsers is kinda garbage.
I would recommend using the steam server browser which seems to be more reliable and not suffer from missing servers so much.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Any idea when we'll get a goon server?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

A Spider Covets posted:

Check Task Manager and/or restart your client

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Man, rushing into some building complex two pubs spent too long making, with a steel sword was amazingly fun.

- First, kill said pubbies. Repeat until they have emptied their coffers and are coming at you naked.
- Run into the building and destroy the beds while said pubs can only watch.
- Kill them one last time while shouting "enjoy the run"
-Smash everything they have

It's been a long time since being this much of a dick felt this good.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gamesguy posted:

Any idea when we'll get a goon server?

Soon™

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Ugh pressing the hotkey twice to repair an item instantaneously...Game..Unplayable.

This is not a bug. It is intended. It is taking resources still. So yes, it's easy for stone tools and such. Not so easy with steel.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Picer posted:

Man, rushing into some building complex two pubs spent too long making, with a steel sword was amazingly fun.

- First, kill said pubbies. Repeat until they have emptied their coffers and are coming at you naked.
- Run into the building and destroy the beds while said pubs can only watch.
- Kill them one last time while shouting "enjoy the run"
-Smash everything they have

It's been a long time since being this much of a dick felt this good.
The Riddle of Steel

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Apparently, Funcom had an AMA.

They posted this gem:

quote:

Similar to the way in which you capture thralls, we would like you to be able to drag players back to your altars and sacrifice them for a massive boost. We might also add specific killing equipment such as iron maidens etc. In addition we really want you to be able to harvest the heads of your foes and stick them on spikes outside and around your bases. Maybe even at some point...castration.

See? This is what happens when you let Norwegians make games. :norway:

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
been doing single player until all the server stuff gets sorted out and this is surprisingly good. i'm not a fan of the recipe system, it's real loving dumb that learning walls with windows is separate from learning regular walls and floors or leather pants are separate from leather chest. i also think there's something hosed with weapon and tool range, really feels like you have t-rex arms compared to everything else.

having the little bits of lore is actually really cool. i also ran into a friendly npc which was neat. feels like it's a world and not just a murder/slavery simulator.

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Green man gaming has a discount code to bring it from 29.99 to 23.99

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I have another dumb question sorry haha. I accidentally turned off the UI and I can't see the escape menu to look at what the keybind is to turn it back on. Can someone look and tell me? Google isn't helping. Thanks

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

I have another dumb question sorry haha. I accidentally turned off the UI and I can't see the escape menu to look at what the keybind is to turn it back on. Can someone look and tell me? Google isn't helping. Thanks

ALT-Z

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Picer posted:

Apparently, Funcom had an AMA.

They posted this gem:

See? This is what happens when you let Norwegians make games. :norway:

I was gonna ask how noticeable the dong slider was but this sounds a lot cooler.

If only we can have proximity chat to shout "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:"

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

thank you sweet prince

e: Do enemy NPCs always respawn no matter what? I tried to murder some and destroyed their tents and stuff but they came back, which is very rude of them

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 4, 2017

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Is all the crafting in the game so ridiculously slow? I have the speed at 10x and it takes like 10 minutes to craft a course chest piece.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
how cool would it be if this game had a persistent new vegas style reputation system that applied to your clan. Fully fledged NPC cities based around some strategic resources and you can either be their homie and trade peacefully with them or use them for cattle. would give PVP factions something to fight over which is always a problem in these games.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

Is all the crafting in the game so ridiculously slow? I have the speed at 10x and it takes like 10 minutes to craft a course chest piece.
Yes, because you have set crafting ten times longer.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

how cool would it be if this game had a persistent new vegas style reputation system that applied to your clan. Fully fledged NPC cities based around some strategic resources and you can either be their homie and trade peacefully with them or use them for cattle. would give PVP factions something to fight over which is always a problem in these games.

That is the eventual intent. They've specifically talked about NPC factions remembering your actions towards them.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Well it was fun playing with goons for the few hours I was able to, then the server owners decided to block Oceania to "test ping and stability". Yay private servers.

Any other goon groups playing?

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 4, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

grimcreaper posted:

Lol

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

You have to set it to less than 1x ya dingus.

widespread posted:

I was gonna ask how noticeable the dong slider was but this sounds a lot cooler.

If only we can have proximity chat to shout "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD :black101:"

There is local chat. And guild chat. But why say it in text when you can scream it over your mic?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

GoGoGadget posted:

There is local chat. And guild chat. But why say it in text when you can scream it over your mic?

I think that's what I meant when I meant proximity chat. Y'know, similar to Planetside 2, I think.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
The teabagging in this game is brutal.

Also gently caress goons.

If the server we were on still matters ill try to complete my wall to keep out goons.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Jackard posted:

Yes, because you have set crafting ten times longer.

Yeah. Realized that. But if your currently crafting an item the slider wont change the speed on that item.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So battleeye is bugged to hell? Turned that off.

Is loading into games supposed to take ages? Seriously it's taking me 5 minutes to load in. Got a beefy computer too so I dunno. I suppose I could install this on my SSD if it would help.

Trying to join a friend's game through steam. Loads for 5 minutes, I'm in for a split second and then I lose connection, and I spend another 5 minutes loading the drat main menu wtf. He tried removing the password (I wasn't getting pw prompt) and that doesn't help anything.

Opening inventory, or any menu, for the first time after loading in freezes the game for a good 20ish seconds. My friend says he doesn't have this issue at all.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 4, 2017

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is loading into games supposed to take ages? Seriously it's taking me 5 minutes to load in. Got a beefy computer too so I dunno. I suppose I could install this on my SSD if it would help.

Trying to join a friend's game through steam. Loads for 5 minutes, I'm in for a split second and then I lose connection, and I spend another 5 minutes loading the drat main menu wtf. He tried removing the password (I wasn't getting pw prompt) and that doesn't help anything.

Opening inventory, or any menu, for the first time after loading in freezes the game for a good 20ish seconds. My friend says he doesn't have this issue at all.

put it on your SSD, makes such a difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ass_Burgerer posted:

BattleEye has not been found to be bugged. It's just what everyone says because someone on Reddit said turning it off helped them. Never helped me. But the rubber banding issue had been fixed already anyway.

Open world survival games like this take a long time to load usually. This is way faster than Rust or ARK for me. With my SSD loading into a server for this takes less than a minute.

• Locked thread