Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I didn't know this existed until just now.
Holy moly, I need it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We want dicks that are slightly above average but you can only tell if you stare.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Glenn Quebec posted:

I don't see the appeal of PvP in these games but am hype to co-op with friends

I've always wanted a mechanic where you can kidnap other players and make them a slave NPC.
The victim would respawn at their camp but they know that their poor doppleganger is out there doing unspeakable things.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DOWNLOADING NOW SO EXCITED YEAH

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Holy balls, this is taking forever to load the world even in a SSD.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Right now this feel like every other survival game I've played but with some nice QoL features.

When and if they ever smooth out the lag issues, I'll probably play this a lot... until Zelda comes out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's one benefit of it being so goddamn hard to see names and clans.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

grimcreaper posted:

This game looks pretty good and now that you guys have had some time to play it, how is it?

How does it play and feel compared to, say, Ark? In terms of character control, combat, etc.

Also, does anyone know if its going to be moddable?

The fact that you can pick up stuff with a tool or weapon equipped is HUGE.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ihmemies posted:

I'm trying to fight some crocodiles and swing them with my sword. I miss and hit some rocks instead.. and I get stone to my inventory :v:

Well that AND you can just press E and gobble up any trash on the ground while your pickaxe or whatever is out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

As a collective, we should really consider moving to a non-wipe server wither a higher population once the lag issues get sorted out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goons so far have been cool and chill.
Join the luxury car union and swing your dick around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Arrows doing no structure damage makes sense. You'd have to fire every arrow in the world at once to knock over a sandstone wall with some basic masonry.

The latest patch made the game a gorillion times better. Every animal with wreck your shop if you aren't careful and the framerate issues have largely been resolved.
It still freaks out for a minute any time I respawn but that's not too bad.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadget posted:

It's totally fixed? Because their fix seemed related to big buildings causing lag and there were no big buildings at the start. Plus they said it was caused by multiple things. Well, good!

It's not 100% but it's WAYYYYYY better. I'm very impressed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Red Mundus posted:

This game has problems but if they can make an ARK-like game that isn't poo poo and they actually patch/fix things then this could be really, really good.

Also just looked at ARK and lol it has DLC and it's STILL in EA. Does the game still run like dog-poo poo?

It's still not great unless you are running a certain range of hardware.
Even then, the animations are so bad that it doesn't matter.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just thought of a tactic and I wonder if it would work.

Scope out a player-owned fortress.
Get your buddies together laden building materials.
Build the minimum structure to house enough beds for a forward spawn point.
Equip everyone with okay weapons and boxes of replacements.
Blitz the fortress and respawn close enough that your numbers seem unlimited.

gently caress up and get your stuff wrecked by an enemy scout with a pocket full of explosives.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fat_Cow posted:

So as someone who has never played a Survival game. Bad idea to get this game?

I'm not a giant fan of the genre but this game balances the line of fun building sim and crushing mortality.
I like it and am impressed with Neo FunCom so far.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So glad I can't play at all today.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Akumos posted:

Maybe a threat without actually doing it yet is a way to try and get you to gently caress off over there? I don't get the point of griefing people when the server is locked down specifically to craft before it goes public.

You dumbass.
Were the directions in the OP too difficult?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm at a weird place where I've restarted about a dozen times, explored a good amount of the map and built some fun stuff.

There is just so way I can keep playing if not on a permanent server.
Once the Goon server is locked in, it's all gravy but until then I have to shelve the game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I want the ability to make a giant storage chest.
Like, I can make a forge, a castle and crossbows but I can't make a larger box?

Something where all non-food items don't decay if not outside. No reason why my stack of stones would decay if not exposed to the elements.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadget posted:

You can make a large chest at like level 25 I think. Also, stones don't decay. Pretty sure the only things that decay are food items, right? If I'm wrong, I don't know how I never realized that, and it's really dumb!

Supposedly you need a crafter thrall at a station to craft "flawless" or "exceptional" versions of items.

There is a slight, SLIGHT chance that I mixed up Conan with Rimworld.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I found a choice spot on the goon server wedged between two hostile camps but far enough away that they don't aggro my closest structure.

No one will say if we are building a main encampment so I'm doing my own thing for now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadget posted:

Be careful you aren't so close as to stop their spawns

OH! I didn't know that was a feature. I may be too close to one but the other is rife with bitches shooting arrows.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gamesguy posted:

I think all the main camp goons quit the server already. Everybody in the clan is waiting for an official server and want to pvp with pubbies.

Buh? There seems to always be around 20 people.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Saxophone posted:

So, in single player mode, is there any way to save characters and/or worlds?

I was thinking of Co-Op with a friend and I wouldn't mind starting fresh, but I also kind of don't want to lose the character and world I'm working on in my current single player. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure you can just start your current game and have your friend drop in.
You can start fresh by building in some other area and limiting what recipies you use.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cooool.
Something Dongful ate my character and now I have to restart!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big ups to the two pubbies (?) On Dongful making a floating river house near my compound and delivering rhino meat as tribute.

They've been very nice neighbors and are probably plotting to kill me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Glenn Quebec posted:

So, use support structures like beams and go from top to bottom to build out the place, roof first ?

My problem was building a wide base, tall walls and then tried to make a roof. I thought the game was glitching until I remembered I wasn't in Minecraft and actually had to build supports.
My next house is going to look way better.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

And give us the option to build something "incorrect" and have it fall apart.
A good learning tool!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm having trouble placing stone roofs when the walls are two high. It may be that my place was built on very in even ground but sometimes the highlight won't show up at all.

Thatched roofs only way to attach to the first level, as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love that the game encourages you to make a compound instead of a big dumb box to house all your crap.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the quickest way to get rid of some basic sandstone structures?
I was in my own clan and left for a nearby ground and now my old house cannot be destroyed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The infections one could get from a stubbed toe in a pre-antibiotics world are lethal.
Conan expedites this process for your convenience.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOTC posted:

So is this worth getting into on the ground floor or should I wait for them to iron some of the bullshit out. I enjoyed ARK and other stuff with Goons but we seem to be spread out a bit more than usual on this one.

Goons are more spread out but this game is way better about letting you go out solo. Most settle into small bands of 5 or so.

It's very fun!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOTC posted:

5 sounds like a much better number of goons to keep in check from doing stupid poo poo than 100. I'm looking at you archeage.

Ha, ArchAge wasn't doing itself any favors and Goon tendencies made it worse.

This game is dope because a single person could go and make a T1 fortress really easily and have a reasonable expectation to not be invaded.

Just run far away from spawn until you have a good place to set up shop.
It's better to try and wall off a section of land than build a huge foundation base.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's worth noting that this game is pretty good solo if you're into that.
That way you never have to worry about lag and you can set your ideal rates of growth.

I have a solo game going and it's been fun to dick around for a couple hours at 10X and make a kingdom.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Myself and two of my friends started on an unofficial server with basically no ping.
It's only around 20 people but we all started building around each other and made a nice little community.

Our main base it up on this hidden plateau where we made a massive plaza and surrounded it with personal houses and kiosks.

The lower level is a maze that only we know how to get through quickly. Lots of dead ends and closets full of thrall fighters.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

1X servers are masochistic weirdos.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alunan posted:

Hey maybe it's not for everyone. Gather rates are about twice as good as Ark vanilla. I built a base in a couple hours which seems reasonable to me. If you have a clan of 3 people you have most of everything after 5 days of vanilla.

Whats the point of getting everything by yourself in a couple hours? Why even buy the game?

Because people like me have limited time to play games and 1x is painful. I'd like to have more than a medium cube after a couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Like my tiny group of 3 on a 2X server managed to build a really dope cliff fortress because we scouted a good location and communicated our priorities.
We just broke into T2 and are having a blast.

Edit: Three hours a day? I'm sorry if this sounds rude but are you single with no commitments? It's cool if you are, I was for a while, but I have a house and pets and a girlfriend to consider.

• Locked thread