Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
I was going to pass on this, but then I got a voucher from GMG that pushed its price close enough to my "if this game turns out to be a dumpster fire I am ok with my money being used as kindling" price point so I went ahead and bought it. Are goons still coordinating on the BMW discord to do stuff because I dont want to play this probably bad game all by myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

It's not 100% but it's WAYYYYYY better. I'm very impressed.

When you realize the game is developed by FunCom it becomes even more impressive.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

spending 90% of your time herding goons around in games does make one pretty autistic

Yet the difference between you and I is I'm good at it. :wooper:

Arent you that j4g Eve "diplomat" who threw a tantrum in the ArchAge thread because you got banned from the Star Citizen Goons thing?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I dunno man, for someone who rants about goon tears you sure did leave a mountain of salt in that thread.

Kimsemus posted:

It's ongoing. DBRB taunted last night in IRC that he would "take care of it" regarding getting me banned from Goonrathi, the Star Citizen goon community am a part of.

They told Goonrathi leadership I goonfucked, despite the fact that I'm still in Goon Squad, still in leadership, on good terms with the rest of the current leadership, and obviously many goons are still happy to join me for content. I simply told them thus far to look at this thread, look at the vocal minority against goons still in the actual goon guild, and read how absurd their drama really is. We'll see if I get unbanned or not.

The other charge brought against me was me screen capping that officer thread regarding fishing, when it was done precisely to avoid something like this -- to expose the rampant, one sided corruption among fishing leadership trying to hold the guild hostage and show that I really was defending the good of the guild behind closed doors.

TL;DR fishing goons are now taking this to a whole new level, mad enough to make up lies to try and slander good, honest goons active in other orgs since they couldn't seize control in this one.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Oh wow, Legendary The Worst Thread poster Tony Montana is now posting in this thread too. This thread is going places and its going to take the game with it. I cant wait.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

This discussion about playing the game like a Korean MMO grinder makes me kind of hope they do away with the leveling system and maybe implement a component system similar to what Rust has now.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I dunno man, if you play in a sandbox in a way that causes all the people that are supposed to be your friends to up and leave because you are behaving like an anti-social dick to not just pubies but them to I think you might be doing it wrong. I guess theres no accounting for taste though.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

:stonklol: TFW when aggrieved goons always call something goonfucking in open PVP games when they're playing in a completely separate group of goons and not coordinating with others.

Dude, you went bat poo poo in the Arch Age thread and claimed there was a Conspiracy of Goons™ trying to keep you out of Star Citizen. A fake video game which you wasted far, far too much money on. You really dont have a lot of room to talk here.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Wasnt your server running a few mods?

Anyway this whole thing would be much more interesting with logs. Im sure if someone provided logs that would clear this all up.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

The only thing we developed by hand were the detailed procedures which allowed us and other people to run servers on their Linux boxes worldwide despite FunCom's attempt at control, because we're terrible people or whatever I guess.

Arent you just running the thing in WINE?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Dear lord, who is the turbo nerd that wrote this? The fact that the author goes to such pains to describe basic stuff like installing WINE and having the server run as a service is pretty incredible. Anyone who is interested in running the game server on Linux is already going to know this stuff.

And yeah, it really is as easy as it sounds.

quote:

Windows PC for downloading the Windows binaries (Thanks Funcom!)

This was my favorite part.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

The people who are really enthusiastic about "goon tears" seem to be getting upset about.... goon tears?

This thread really does have it all.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Ive gone ahead and voted this thread a five thanks to the appearance of doxxing drama. I hope everyone will do the same.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Wait, so one of these weirdos was e-stalking people so he could post their pictures inside his base in Rust? That is some hilarious levels of creepy.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Taylor Swift posted:

Is it e-stalking when they link their Facebook in their Steam?

You went through their steam profile looking for personal information, followed that back to their Facebook and god knows what else, then pilfered their profiles of their personal data. If thats not stalking I dont know what is.

This thread is a hoot.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

No, but I hope they find mine. Reowr.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

EA has become such a huge part of buzz building for games that it really isnt a beta any more, even though it should be. Developers really, really do not wan to piss off their player base during the EA period and have their review scores tanked.

This is starting to feel like a Funcom game, which I suppose is appropriate.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

We should probably keep our expectations pretty low, this is Funcom after all. I mean, theyre not as bad as they were back in the AO through AoC days, but theyre still Funcom.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

It's Conan. Do you see any whippy elvish types with bows in the intro? It's not another Tolkien wannabe, this is a universe of strong people with big swords. Please either embrace this or go and play something more beta

Posts like this are why you've become a legend Tony.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I can't think of anything I'd rather hear from you, Tony.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Did this actually release? I thought it was still an early access game.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

When this actually releases I definitely plan to give it another shot. The EA launch was entertaining enough that I feel like I already got my $25 worth out of the game so Im not too concerned if its going to be a mess.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

they're planning on a raid mode? that's what got me hooked on 7 days to die even though that game was much worse in every way. If there's actually a reason to build a glittering citadel it'll own.

7 Days To Die is way, way better than Exiles right now. The game is actually in a pretty good place now despite being in EA hell.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

Hope you don't play online.

lol no why on earth would anyone do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I wish games like these would just get rid of the stupid MMO style skill grinds. Theyve never been fun and at least MMOs could justify them as a way to keep people playing so they could bilk them for more money. I thought Rust's component system was pretty good, is that still around?

• Locked thread