Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I've been watching some Twitch streams of this today and the game looks interesting. A couple bugs here and there and the human combat AI is very simplistic, but overall doesn't look too bad for a survival game that's just coming out in early access. Of course the best part of these survival games is goon rushing :goon: a server and conquering all the pubbies. I'll likely pick this up if they stick to the normal <$30 EA pricing.

Edit:
\/\/\/\/ Ah okay, fantastic! Yeah, I had read that it was probably $30 but hadn't seen anything actually confirming that.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Baron Porkface posted:

If there's no wipes does that mean the character I start tomorrow is supposed to last for years and years?

Yes. But they're crazy if they think they'll be able to have no wipes. People will find glitches and exploits that will allow them to amass a huge amount of resources or destroy other people's stuff with no effort, blocking npc spawns with player buildings, building under the terrain, etc. Then eventually mega clans will take over official servers and run everyone else into the ground. It's just a matter of how long they'll hold out before giving in and doing a wipe.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Baron Porkface posted:

I've never played a survival game. What standout flaws do Ark and Rust have? What is the foremost fear you have about Conans gameplay?

I'll echo what I mentioned earlier but my biggest problem with Ark was the power gap that forms when a tribe dominates a server and no one can catch up because the power difference in gear (and in Ark's case, dinosaurs) was insane. Of course if you have a core group, you could always just travel to different servers sowing chaos and destruction.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

AriadneThread posted:

that wasn't helped by some activities in the game taking actual literal hours to days to do, such as taming some of the higher end dinosaurs
did ark ever stop adding new animals to polish up the rest of the game? i stopped paying attention a while ago

Very true, and no - they actually just added(or are adding soon) a whole new tek tier of overpowered garbage. I went back for a night and checked it out like a month ago and it was the same as it was when I stopped playing over a year ago. Except now you can transfer characters/dinos/items between official servers again.

edit: To be fair, I should mention that they have added a good amount of quality of life stuff like industrial versions of all the crafting tables which work much more quickly. Taming/breeding is still a slog though, even with the small rate boost they gave the official servers.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 31, 2017

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Turns out the Twitch server password was the same password as the other beta servers.
Today I punched Lirik in the face.

I think he likes you

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118490311?t=06h52m48s

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
If anyone is on the fence about this game, this should alleviate your fears

:nws: http://kotaku.com/new-conan-game-sure-has-dicks-in-it-1791800860 :nws:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Is early access free to play? I don't see a purchase option...

No. It'll be $30 and you can't pre-order early access games. It'll be available to purchase at midnight est

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Green Man Gaming is sending out 20% vouchers that work for Conan Exiles. Just picked it up for $24 and am installing it right now. I'm hoping they'll have the server issues figured out by the time I get home from work.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

This is it guys, this is the survival game that will come out of early access and be released.

I hear they're pegging the release date to be alongside Star Citizen

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

SweetBro posted:

Do we have a designated pooping street goon server to play on?

The server that everyone is playing on right now is official #193. We were on official server #12, but then a group of us split off since #12 was always full. Then everyone moved over because they wanted to be with the new cool kids.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Feb 1, 2017

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Slim Killington posted:

Jesus Christ I feel retarded, how do I break stairs, or ceilings, or ANYTHING I've built?

Hold E to bring up a contextual menu and then click on Dismantle.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ruggan posted:

How does xp work? I mean I know you get some for every action but killing stuff seems slow, even spiders and all the crazy stuff.

On 193 last night I was able to get to level 11 pretty quickly just farming and building tons of foundations, walls and ceilings for our autism base.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Ofaloaf posted:

I built a lot of the upper-level stuff, but idk who did the lower levels.

That was me if we're talking about what was built on Friday night. I didn't play yesterday, so not sure if it has changed much or if we're even still playing on that server.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

I will be sending them a list by the end of the week.

I'm sure they've already received these suggestions before, but my biggest QoL issues with the game are not being able to see another players name until you're essentially humping them. Being able to see what clan they're in, and having your own clan mates names highlighted over a greater than normal rate would be nice.

The second thing is respawn mechanics. I'd like to see something similar to Ark where sleeping bags(in this case, bedrolls) are automatically assigned to you when placed. Regular full beds do not need to be claimed and are available for unlimited use by all clan mates.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Taylor Swift posted:

Everyone laugh at Rej for getting hellowned by a Swedish streamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T82DyZ391nU

:sad:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Make player name fade in something like 20 feet so it would still be possible to hide. Make clan name fade in slightly longer so I don't end up stalking a clan mate for an hour.

Yes, this.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
It wouldn't be gaming with goons if it wasn't filled with boring drama.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Can't wait to make The Iron Throne out of penises

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Gay Horney posted:

I'm still getting heavy freezing and stuttering on a regular basis. I have a 3.5ghz 4 core Intel processor and a 1060. Temps are running okay, I've tried capping the fps and turning the graphics both to their lowest setting and it makes no difference. Any tips?

Try going into the Task Manager after you've launched Conan - > Click on the Details tab - > Right click on the Conan program(s) - > Select Set Priority High

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

I'll actually report that as a bug to dev chat, since it's supposed to be server wide and the graphic is supposed to be seen from REALLY far away.

Yeah I'm not sure I ever pointed it out directly but when you guys destroyed our base on Dongful with Set, we never saw a summon message even though I did see it on your guy's screen watching the Twitch recording. The first I knew Set had been summoned was when he busted through our autism pyramid and ate me.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Soonmot posted:

I've been doing single player for a few hours this morning and enjoy it, so time to move into the real servers.. Are you guys on the discord in the OP and does it matter what race/ religion I roll?

The 178 goons are using the BMW discord that is in the OP.

Race doesn't matter. Religion doesn't matter too much since you can just learn all of them from certain NPC's (assuming those NPC's haven't been blocked off by player structures). Just don't pick Crom and he literally does nothing and gives you no benefits.

Mitra is probably the most common picked now that Yog meat doesn't give healing anymore.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Wow this thread got really dumb again for a bit there.

I'm taking a break from this game for awhile to let them do some balance passes for avatars and raiding. I can't wait for them to implement the player capture system and forced castrations as well. I'll be very disappointed if you aren't able to force feed your prisoners their own severed balls.

On another note, some of the old-school Ark goons may get a kick out of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
http://www.pcgamer.com/conan-exiles-director-says-player-penises-could-have-hitboxes-but-we-just-havent-done-it/

Conan Exiles director says player penises could have hitboxes but 'we just haven't done it'

quote:

"People went wild because I said in one of the Reddit AMAs something about castration. But the idea for the castration is actually more... when you've killed somebody, you can click the body and you can say 'harvest trophy' and you might get an ear or a dick or a foot or a hand. Like, it's not necessarily going to always be... and it won't be a dick if it's a female anyway, right?

"It's more like a harvest trophy system," Bylos explained. "I do want to allow people to build a necklace of dicks they can wear. Why not? It's fun."

:unsmigghh:

• Locked thread