Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Lag is strong in this one. I like the idea of the leveling system though. Hated hitting barrels for blueprints in rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Inkel posted:

Green Man Gaming is sending out 20% vouchers that work for Conan Exiles. Just picked it up for $24 and am installing it right now. I'm hoping they'll have the server issues figured out by the time I get home from work.

Dang. If I refund and get this do I need to reinstall? Never refunded a game before.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Nerolus posted:

Oh gently caress dude don't do that. :tinfoil:

I have a friend that won't use discord because of poo poo like this. They're gonna listen to our convos!

What a boring pointless time that would be.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I like how the animal mutant things will attack your base when you are in it. I thought some player was attacking me, was surprised it wasn't and was just the ai.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Xp for kills only I think. So if you are in a group only one person will get the xp, which I think is a great decision.

Servers also have a ton of customization so check the server settings to see if it's set lower.

I got to level 5 in a couple hours just dicking around alone.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Idk why but for some reason I only get like 30fps in this game at any settings. ( I have max fps setting not locked to anything) it's strange as resident evil, dirt rally and whatnot work fine. Everyone talking about great fps and I'm not seeing it. Tried single player and updated drivers and still not any better.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Some info about building strength update coming soon.

quote:

Hey all, we’ve seen a lot of feedback regarding this topic, and we know this matters a lot to you all. We wanted to let you all know that we’re aware of your concerns about raiding, and the effect that advanced weapons have on structures. We have a lot of ideas on how we want to approach balance in Conan Exiles, and we’re going to be rolling out many different iterations and changes as we progress through Early Access.

Tomorrow, we’re going to begin this process by first effectively “shifting” Tier 1 and Tier 2 building defenses up one notch, making Tier 1 buildings require Steel weapons to harm, and making Tier 2 buildings immune to all but explosive damage. Tier 3 buildings remain unchanged.

We’re also going to be experimenting with turning steel itself into a more valuable resource, making powerful steel weapons more of a rarity in the game world.

Finally, we’re looking into making arrows deal no damage to structures. This is currently in testing, and it feels pretty good, so expect this to be included with the rest of the changes.

This is just the beginning of the Early Access balancing act, and we’re going to be keeping a close eye out on how you all adapt to these changes and other adjustments we make as new features are introduced.

Naturally, we’re still working on fixes and solutions to popular community concerns such as lag, server connections, and game stability during this time. As always, your feedback is incredibly important to us, so please let us know how these changes feel once they go live. Thanks, everyone!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Kimsemus posted:

The lingering issue (that Rust had as well) is that currently you can't be AFK'ed off a server. Which means the pubbie poopsockers are NEVER logging off their servers to ensure that no one else can hop on and poopsock harder than they poopsock.

Between this, and the bug that allowed recipe exploiting, full wipes are inevitable. When this happens, I theorize, the real poopsocking begins. If you want to do some HELPFUL TEAMWORK THINGS now, check Discord. There is work to be done. :wooper:
Wouldn't you Starve/ die of thirst?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Ah yeah that makes sense. Well the devs are pretty responses so if you request it I'm sure they would consider it.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Hammerstein posted:

I guess if you could lead your fighter thralls around on the map, the solo part would be fun. Currently you definitely need more people to do stuff like dragons and certain boss monsters.

Also building a huge Fortress of Doom into a mountainside requires a lot of effort and is simply more fun with other players.

You can just change server settings so you level really fast and collect 10x resources and then it's pretty effortless.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Titus Vespasian posted:

I have probably started on 5 different official servers as each one vanished forever and now they've taken them all away. So I'm trying private servers and have yet to find one that stays up for more than an hour or so straight before disappearing for awhile or forever. Constantly starting over is no fun.

Here :)

https://conan-exiles.com/servers/uptime/

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Dang I'm having the same stuttering isssues, thought maybe it was a bug with my r9. I only have a 120 gig ssd so not sure if I can make room for it :(

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I asked my Funcom friend how to suggest QoL improvements for the game. His reply was "The official channel is the Steam forums, but they are a steaming pile of poo poo filled with crazy nerds."

I got a feedback e-mail adress to send suggestions to, but goons being goons, I won't release it to spare the poor FC workers from being spammef with dickpics. If you have any suggestions for improvements to the game, quote my post and :justpost:

I will be sending them a list by the end of the week.

Campfires shouldn't be a lockable item. People build them early on and never go back to them so it's just useless litter everywhere.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
You all should take some building lessons from master builder keralis. Guy is building an entire village

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ROURc8RFpsk

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Fargin Icehole posted:

Does Funcom own the rights to Conan or something?

They already have Age of Conan, and these guys are known for janky MMOs that don't die, so why?

According to an official Funcom press release, the developer has entered into a recent agreement with Conan Properties to become the preferred partner for all PC and console video game titles featuring the original fantasy character. Having already enjoyed a lucrative relationship with the gaming studio subsequent to the development and release of the 2008 MMO, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, the two conglomerates are excited to announce that a total of three titles are in the works to be announced in 2016, with the first production to be unveiled in January of next year.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I had to move it to my tiny 120 gig ssd with my os. Barely fits but stutters are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Isn't that kind of their plan? For you to build little villages with NPC's and what not?

• Locked thread