Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like to imagine that this game captures how early man was. There's something visceral satisfying about raiding or kidnapping NPCs. Rename all museums exhibits about primitive humans to "Early man: geez what an rear end in a top hat (but his dick was pretty big)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Give it time after a few months one of the goons favorite past times will be hunting down characters who have been worked on in the character creator for hours for the sole purpose of standing next to the naked woman player model and typing out sexual acts. Hunting one down will be the coming of age test of all in the goon tribe

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I like how Hunger and theist work in this game. You eat a giant steak and guzzle water and you're good for a long drat time compared to other survival games where it's like "oh you haven't eaten 3000 calories in half an hour guess you're starving!"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Archonex posted:

Do the human NPC's do anything? Or are they just fodder for the players to murder?

Human NPCs have their own encampment and each have a class at bigger camps like priest, black smith etc. You can trade or learn recipes or religious rituals from bigger towns and trade. One of the big things you can do with the NPCs is you can do a raid on them, knock them out, drag them back to your camp and break their will so they become your thrall/enslaved to you. You can then put them to work at various crafting stations and basically slowly grow a city. One of the biggest things you'll be able to do is if you enthrall a high priest of a certain religion and have the top tier of an alter of that god you'll be able to summon that god's avatars that'll smash loving everything in its path

Basically top players in a server are going to be literal warlords

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That's pretty impressive they fixed rubber banding with one patch

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Does anyone know if you can take thralls with you? Like if you have enough could you lead a thrall army against an enemy base?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

They trigger me alright....:parrot:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So good news: most of the rubber banding is pretty much gone!

Bad news: Most of the rubber banding is gone! The rubber banding had an unintended side effect of making wild life easier. Instead of them constantly attacking where you were, which made circle strafing super useful, they now attack where you are. poo poo you handled with no issue before will KICK YOUR rear end now. Learn to block and use shields or your rear end will be barbaric large dong having grass. Gonna be funny watching all these suckers who set up houses by shaleback nest's for easy food and hide get their poo poo wrecked

Saxophone posted:

I'm literally just trading blows with an ax because I can't find twine to make a sword.

You have a recipe for twine in your recipe list :ssh: it takes only three plant fiber for one

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Is human flesh always food poisoning inducing unless its flesh from my yog pit crafted from flesh I gather with my cleaver?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So according to the Reddit AMM corruption will be used for sorcery and necromancy with more corruption allowing for stronger spells. So in classic Conan fashion the more powerful the wizard the more decrepit and frail

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kizurue posted:

I'm curious how the split from PerfectPing will work with people who bought the special edition. Do people still get their 25% off a server the devs have officially announced was inferior? Real selling point there.

They're gonna transfer the deal over to the new server partner

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I'm not so scared Funcom wil drop support on the game anymore since they posted this on their website. A week out in Early Access and the game's entire development cost is already paid back and is now in the black from Steam sales alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Just run far away from spawn until you have a good place to set up shop.
It's better to try and wall off a section of land than build a huge foundation base.

Yeah it's better to build out then up in this game. One of the tips even states this. A big reason for that is cause of the damage an avatar can do in an area. A lot of pubbies are complaining avatars are OP because they can completely destroy their giant floating tall box on pillars and stairs

• Locked thread