Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Spadertal-Karaan, the Outsider AKA The Tunneler

quote:

You’ve been learning about the surface by spending time with Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith.
They are very nice! They have shown me the theater they like so much, and have taken me to a hot wings fast food place (they didn't seem especially hot to me, which Clatterclaw said meant that I am "pretty darn raw. It sounded like a compliment, is being cooked a bad thing in the surface?), and they have been very patient with all of my questions, which must surely be tirers after a while.

I think... I think it is because they understand what it means, to be separated from humanity, to be an outsider. But they were part of surface society once; it must be hard for them, so I do not ask them about that, to not be an offender.

quote:

You have a crush on Vitreloy but you keep it under wraps.
He is metal. See how the sun dances on his skin, how his muscles flex with the promise of power.
He is plant. Observe the life rippling through his bark, how grass and ferns and trees listen to flute-like voice.
He is gentleness. See his features suffer under the slings and arrows of the wicked, who see a devil where there is an angel.
He is strenght. Observe his massive, beautiful arms and just imagine what they-

"Hey Spade, whatcha writing there?"
"Wuh? Oh,I am a writer of nothing of interest, friend Clatterclaw! These are just... my notes! Yes, my notes on the surface!"
"I thought you used those rune things to take notes on the surface.
"Both! I am a doer of both, of the notes and the rune-messages! It is not weird! Let us talk of else things!"

Influence

quote:

You're cheerful, so you’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.
Team Pose
Tunneler stands on the opposite side of Clatterclaws, claws united in a clapping motion, looking positively elated.

When the team first came together...

quote:

We didn't trust each other at first, but that changed. How and why?
The Lab operation, it... could have been handled more smoothly, yes. But one thing must be said: when the lights went out and the automatic doors locked shut, separating us, we started working together admirably. Ghost and Miss Wraith would go from group to group acting as messengers and guiding both groups towards a non-supporting wall, that me, Feijiang and Vitreloy destroyed while Spark and Clatterclaw kept the security bots at bay. By the time the wall came down, we weren't actually all that close to getting out of that place, but for the rest of the way, we knew that we would need everyone's help to escape.
So inspiring!

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Hey Spark, what do you say you hang out with Spade to blow off steam? He's a tranquil guy, he's not going to piss you off too much!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Takanago posted:

Hey, are you sure this is right? Because it's definitely the prompt I have as The Bull.

You are correct! Mine actually is:

We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Scarlettsmiles posted:

Spade having a crush on me, Vitreloy would never see it coming but hey you have some stuff in common.

Feijing being in love with me, we have a lot of history together if we knew each other before I changed, so our connection has a bit more background.

Spark, if you want someone to set fire to, I'm happy to take the hit. Being made of metal on one side of me, probably meant it didn't hit me so hard, but maybe fried some of my bark, that I wasn't too happy about! I am a monster after all, maybe you were just defending yourself.

I'm a fan of stressing my characters out with love triangles!

Yay for love triangles!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I've had a last minute change of mind, and used the "they're showing me how the surface works" relationship with Clatterclaw and Miss Wraith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Apparently everyone was waiting on me to complete my prompts, which I had forgotten about it. Terribly sorry about that!
I am going to write them all here and work my way through them.

What’s the strangest thing you’ve seen in Harmonia?
I have been a visitor of the Surface for months now, and I still can't get used to it. I raise my head for just a second, and I see it, towering over me, immense and uncaring:

I know I have nothing to fear. But... I have lived my whole life within the safety of the underground, with a ceiling of granite and rhoydacite. I hope you will not be blamers if I suffer some vertigo if I look upwards directly. It just makes me feel so small, so exposed and vulnerable. It is not a good feeling.

Outside of the Heroes of Harmony, who would you trust your life in Harmonia?

Diggolun-Kotaan is one of the few elders that believe that Chthonia's future points toward. He used to be a miner and artisan, working with galenum and other precious and rare minerals, but now he mantains a network of runners delivering me fresh rune-stones and bringing the ones that I have filled with my observations underground. There are some buyers for those, especially younger Chthonians that feel constricted in their tradionalist societies, but...

Diggolun-Kotaan used to be a miner and artisan, and a respected one at that. By becoming a supporter of my project, he has renounced his wealth and status. He is an insister that I should not be a worrier, that once it is proven that I am right he will be much wealthier than before; but it is hard not to feel the pressure when you know someone has bet their livelihood on you succeeding.

What has been your proudest achievement during your time in Harmonia?

Is there something that you are escaping from your home by being in Harmonia?

Have you gotten yourself in trouble due to a cultural misunderstanding?

Is there anything that offends you or goes against your beliefs that is commonplace in Harmonia?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 22, 2016

• Locked thread