Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Apep727 posted:

Anyway, since I took Russian back in college, I can't help but go, "that's not how 'Sparta' should be spelled."

Yeah, that particular bit sticks out like the sorest of thumbs, and it really bugs me too. Particularly since they spell the rest of it with Cyrillic letters. It's a really odd decision, and I have a hard time figuring out any reason why they chose to do it like that.

For those who don't know, "S" in Cyrillic looks like the Latin "C"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm also trying to not be too tone-deaf with what's happening on screen, so I try to keep quiet during more serious/sober stuff or a particularly atmospheric bit, even if noone's yapping on at the moment. That's what I'm going for at least; I'm still new at this though, so I may still be calibrating that particular sensor. Hope some of it is making it through. :shobon:

I think you've hit the sweet spot commentary-wise. It flows well, and feels like a natural part of the game, as in it supplements what's going on on-screen, without feeling intrusive. Good job! :)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Gogol and Chekhov wrote some very sharp comical / satiric short stories, if bleak turns you off.

Checkov's "The Cherry Orchard" is, without a doubt, my favourite play. Granted, I haven't exactly seen a whole lot, but still...

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Well, I haven't watched all the videos yet, but in general I think you did a really good job. I still stand by my comments in the start of the thread, that you maintain a great balance between commentary and letting the game speak for itself, and I also think you struck a good balance when it comes to the tone of your commentary. My one complaint comes down to personal preference: Sometimes I feel you cut the videos a bit too short, by adhering too strictly to the beginning and end of a level. No particular level springs to mind, I'm afraid, but this was mostly during the first third or so of the LP. But I see, and understand, the stylistic choice behind doing it like that, and it does work.

• Locked thread