Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
I would like to join a mafia game if there is still space in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

My first enemy. Prepare to die.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Scallops, shrimp, oysters.

Shellfish Delight (or Gout Terror, depending on your purine tolerance).

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Moatillata posted:

CHORIZO VENISON AND

Crayfish

Tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiOVTRNSYM4

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
##vote jimson

i swore you would die

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Once I go to sleep, I won't be around from when I wake up-6pm Eastern tomorrow, roughly. Not going to bed yet, but if I'm not responding tomorrow, thats why.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Bigup DJ posted:

im that sweet bitch from down south

just read this post. hello

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Bigup DJ posted:

GEt hosed

Enemy #2 spotted. Welcome to hell

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Hey everyone. Just got back home, decided to hang with a friend for a bit after gym/work/whatever. Reading the thread, anarc and King Burgundy strike me as the two most suspicious. For now I'm going to put a vote on ##vote anarc. I could probably be convinced of a Dok vote if things don't swing to either of the two I named, he's definitely acting strange.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I don't like dok per's vote, but i'm not gonna vote now since some people already did and its day 1 so we should just be poo poo posting probably

If dok per is joking about these things I don't get it. He def looks scummy so far with his reactions. Although moat's post was p bad too. But moat always seems like scum so maybe he just has ANarc disease?

These two posts are insane.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Doktor Per posted:

I don't think I've ever been not strange in a game of mafia tbh.

Strangers are just friends you haven't met and I'm always happy to make new friends.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Dragonatrix posted:

....Wait, hang on I thought that was a requirement to even be here. Did I miss something somewhere?

Nice job slipping in a D1 post. Very stealthy!

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

Please go into detail about your suspicions of me.

Gut read. The way you jumped on Keane's squirming felt disingenuous to me, not that he didn't act weird.

Rereading Keane, he definitely strikes me as hiding more than I got off him the first time through, FWIW. Not that that necessarily makes him scum, we're all carrying 3 powers. Curious to see what he tries to push.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
I do not know anyone's meta so if some stuff is playstyle let me know. I'll try to ask when I'm not sure.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Well I'd like to talk about that rear end in a top hat you call a mouth but I'll move on.

This is really rude.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

We r in an unconfirmed masonry together and the only things hes said were

R u scum? And
Who dem scum?

Both were posted while he was "away" from the thred

Dongs is going for MVP this game.

Hi! I don't think we've ever played together before. Let me introduce you to my meta - everyone always thinks I'm scum. Anyone I've played with can confirm this.

It is nice to meet you, but I do not believe you.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
I should be around for most of today, but I will not be around for deadline. I'll try and put my vote somewhere meaningful before I go, but I urge everyone to read anarc, because he pings me more than Dok or KB (who I still wouldn't mind voting for), and much more than Keane (who I'm not really buying as scum yet, just very abrasive town).

What's the current case on Dongs, besides being a bad mason?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

CCKeane posted:

The bad mason is a strong part of it, but generally it is absence from the thread (especially while active in mason doc, as mentioned by Jimson), especially commenting that day one would end in a no execution while not making any significant contributions. This is especially bad since we have had enough activity day one to generate thoughts and commentary.

If dongs does not return to thread and case I could be tempted to vote for him. For now I'm going to leave my vote on anarc and eat some lunch.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Not a slip, eat my poo poo, etc. etc.

Doing this kind of stuff makes me want to vote you because even if you're town you're throwing up a huge smokescreen and it makes the thread unpleasant to read.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

CCKeane posted:

Like imagine if I kept adding well yes but crenk is obviously a flying cupcake to the end of my posts. At a certain point you're going to grab me by the collar, call me an rear end in a top hat, and yell that you're not a flying cupcake, because you know you're not and the premise is absurd.

Get this: I am a flying cupcake.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
If Anarc isn't at least at -4 in a couple hours, I'll move my vote to another person who I find suspicious.

It's less than 8 hours to deadline, and a lot of people in this game have barely posted. Please post more if you haven't.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

chaoslord posted:

Who else do you think is suspicious?

KB and Dok, as I stated before. Both gut reads, but Dok's posts last night give me bad vibes and so does KBs aggression. Somebody pointed out Dongs but I'm still not sure how I feel about it, I need to let it sit and reread. And Dragon has played a 0 content game so far, although he has an excuse fwiw.

You mentioned Somber earlier, what is his meta?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

Wait, so to clarify, you think I'm aggressive in our exchanges and Keane isn't? Or for some reason's Keane's aggression doesn't give you bad vibes?

Keane's defensiveness earlier felt pretty town, at least. My case for you as scum is that you found the most talkative person in the room, put a little pressure on them, saw they freaked out, and just kept at it. Knowing that he would keep talking by necessity meant he would dig a deeper hole. The fact that he calmed down with more votes on him rather than freaking out more doesn't ping me as scummy, and your refusal to focus on anything but Keane makes you look worse than he does as time passes. I'm curious though: if Keane flipped town, who would you look at next?

chaoslord posted:

Sombers meta is being a middle-to-high volume poster and very good at mafia

He said he was in two games, but I dunno. Rereading him, he comes across bad. I would prefer a Somber vote to a Dongs vote.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

CCKeane posted:

I am scum and JUST PRETENDING that I'm town.

Caught you in the act, scum.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

PS crenk I am a lady goon. So, pronouns.

Apologies.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

Back at ya, when Keane flips scum, what does that mean for you?

That means I'm looking a lot harder at IS (whose vote felt like "Oh, tides are turning, I better change my vote so I don't seem allied with my scumbuddy," disingenuous) and probably Moat as well, he's been lying low in a way I really don't like. Posting just enough to try and seem not suspicious, still seems kind of suspicious. Anarc is still suspicious to me regardless of the KB/King situation, but I'm going to let her post for herself before I commit to her. Somber doesn't look good either for reasons already stated.

##unvote for now, I will be around for another hour or so before I am gone for the night, hopefully we'll be closer to a consensus by then.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

I've made one vote in this game, against Keane, and removed it for now after a back-and-forth discussion with him in and around what KB was doing. You just unvoted as well. Does that mean I should be suspicious of you, following that logic?

I'm an idiot and I combined you with somebody else. My bad.

So that reduces my vote choices to Somber (who I still don't like), KB (who I'm not crazy about because he's a tweener, but we would learn a decent amount if he flipped either way), Dok (who's the easy vote because he made very suspicious posts very early then disappeared), Dragon (because no content then WALL OF CONTENT + easy vote), or Anarc (who promised a post but I've long been suspicious).

I want to see more out of the other lurkers, but it doesn't seem like it'll happen in the next 30 minutes :/

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

What's a tweener in this context?

I was very convinced you were scum but now that Keane is acting weird I'm going to have to reread, that's what I mean.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

Who among the ones you're still suspicious of did you have me combined with? I'm trying to find someone who switched their vote in the way you initially described, but nothing's jumping out to me.

I combined you and Jimson in my dumb brain and thought you were changing your vote like a lunatic between Dok, Dongs, and Keane. Your vote isn't that suspicious on its own.

Is there a way to read just one persons posts at a time?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
##vote Somber feels like the scummiest choice tonight. Hopefully somebody will get the ball rolling.

Alright, I'm out for the night. :)

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

IllegallySober posted:

Yup, clink on the player name in the OP and that should show you just their posts. Or the upside-down question mark underneath any player's post, if you're on desktop (which I'm not).

Thank you, that will make things a lot easier tomorrow.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Hey all, sorry about my absence from the thread. Last couple days were busy. Reading now.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Caught up. Lol @ Gulag.

I was Nexus last night, and the PM said it succeeded.

My first instincts on casing say Dok, who's insanely suspicious! That exchange with Cpig was the most unnatural thing I've read in this thread so far. BigUps driveby posting is also strange and he needs to come back and post in a little more detail. I wouldn't be opposed to TM but I want to see him post a case. I'll throw a ##vote Tired Moritz for just that purpose.

TM, if there's two more mafia, who are they?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Doktor Per posted:

I am super hung over.

TM, can you keep on doing that thing, or was it a one off?

?!

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
I am town.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
What's chaos' meta? I don't like his posts late D1 or today.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

who the gently caress keep voting the lightning rod

Who else is mafia?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Doktor Per posted:

My question to this is, why would scum deliberately skip night 1? My brain may be addled from the previous real life night, but I personally don't see the benefit. But one thing I find interesting is....

in light of
We now know that Dragon probably carried out the kill.
It feels to me, like scum are trying to get rid of the person who holds their kill hostage.

And that's why I want TM to keep on living and keep on rodding if possible.

Not really sure I get the connection that you're making. My ?! was in reference to the fact that you disappeared in a weird way and then returned to ask a question that had already been asked and answered.

My vote on TM is to try and get him to talk a little, but as I said before, I think you are the most suspicious person in the thread.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

chaoslord posted:

You don't like the guy who was lie detected as town? OK

Ah, gently caress.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
FWIW, TM, I don't discount the idea of moat being scum. I'll reread him, but he's not pinging me as much as others. Thank you for making a post, I guess. ##unvote

Probably going to vote Bigup or Dok, but I'm going to hold onto my vote for now because we have ~30 hours until deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

King Burgundy posted:

This is super interesting.

It definitely caught me off-guard, and is a big part of the reason I removed my vote on TM.

• Locked thread