Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

Spoilers: every topping is pineapple

:hellyeah:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

I'm closing signups.

I have a doctor's appointment and will be back in a few hours to post the ingredient list and we'll get started.

Just a heads-up that my afternoon is a little busy today (Pacific Time) so if you need people to choose ingredients immediately (like before 8 PM tonight) I'll do the best I can but you might have to PM me and bug me for mine.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Black olives, BBQ chicken, and :siren: PINEAPPLE :siren:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Somberbrero posted:

mods? some piece of poo poo idiot took my pizza order. Mods???

:smugdog:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Somberbrero posted:

now i have to go with loving

roasty garlic
artichoke hearts
sun-dried tomatoes

This is a good pizza order.

Moatillata posted:

CHORIZO VENISON AND

Crayfish

Tia

This frightens me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Look I know I joke around a lot but I want everybody to know that I am 100% judging the very essence of your character based on your pizza topping choices.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I had pizza for dinner tonight. It only seemed right.

There was pineapple on it. :twisted:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

:(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lotta haters in here who don't like Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza.

I'm not advocating for pineapple on EVERY pizza. Just the ones it makes sense to have it on.

And yes, I'm town aligned. Again. The streak of having never been scum in a mafia game is up to I think 11 games now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I have no idea what to make of all that. I thought it seemed pretty crystal-clear what Jimson said he lie detected but I guess maybe I can see how Keane missed it?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Yeah. I'm not denying this. It was not a good read in my part. It just seemed like all the toppings so far were actions and him claiming a straight up full on role pinged my radar. So I made a decision (a dumb one at that)

I don't think it was all that dumb a decision. Maybe not as helpful as it would be later, but not dumb.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

dongsbot 9000 posted:

this game will nl d1 namaste

Why do you think that?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

GulagDolls posted:

you havent voted anyone

And your point, with 27 hours to go before deadline, is...?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

What in the hell happened in this thread overnight?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Well I'd like to talk about that rear end in a top hat you call a mouth but I'll move on.

Jesus, dude.

I get, it, you're frustrated, you don't want to be voted out of a cool game D1 and you're mad you got caught in a lie. It's okay.

##vote CCKeane

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

But yes, I am mad because your case is dumb bullshit, yes.

It's like if you said "Keane is scum because his shirt is yellow" well you know what maybe kinda gently caress you buddy?

I mean, this would be a true statement. Everybody knows yellow shirts = scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

It's not a loving lie Jesus loving christ.

The angrier you get the more I want to leave my vote on you just to get you out of the game. Take a drat chill pill already.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hey, dongs is back. Who's scum, dongs?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

dongsbot 9000 posted:

rodgers has his bye week 4 and i play keane that week so thatd be a good time for a big lamar miller game

I'm fine with that. I'm 1-1 in all three leagues I play thanks in part to Miller not living up to the hype so yeah, it's time.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hey, that's cool, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks, I learned something today :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Nope, you are wrong wrong wrong and your bullheadedness is offbase. This is a horrendous case and you should be embarrassed.

If it was really that horrendous of a case I don't see why you'd be making such a huge deal over it. Granted, I'm usually the guy who has to respond to every post that's suspicious of me, but even I think you're taking this a little far.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Actually you know what.

...?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

You thought KB was the one being weirdly aggressive in their exchange?

Are you saying KB was being weirdly aggressive compared to how they normally play? Or that it was weird for KB to follow up that strongly on that?

I haven't played a ton of games with KB so I don't know how they usually operate, but that was a big enough slip by Keane that I'm not surprised at all with the aggressive follow-up on it. I would have done the same.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Not a slip, eat my poo poo, etc. etc.

Look, I don't know whether your gimmick is just to be an abrasive rear end in a top hat or what but it's really getting old in a hurry. That last question wasn't directed at you so there wasn't anything for you to get all pissy about. You do your scum-hunting and I'll do mine, okay?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I went back through and read the KB/Keane interaction again just to see if I could justify Keane's reaction from a perspective of Keane being town.

I can buy (although it's somewhat flimsy to me) that he mis-read a couple of times and missed the town part of the statement.

I can buy the vigorous defense after that.

I can even buy being frustrated enough to lash out at those of us who were questioning it.

What I can't buy, personally, is the quote below:

CCKeane posted:

Regardless, yes, you were right, I missed the town element and this is spilled milk.

If he missed it, fine. But the "spilled milk" comment reeks of "move along, nothing to see here" hoping that everyone will ignore the mistake and in this game, that's the scummiest thing I've seen.

Keane, if you truly are town, then I'm sorry. But unless I find something worse than that, I'm not moving my vote.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

There are posters who have said nothing or almost nothing all day, it's super frustrating because I'm the most prolific poster in this thread by a country mile, (Dragon literally has not posted a single meaningful post in this game. Not one!)

I'm super annoyed at this because of course I am going to have more questionable posts than Dragon. I actually have posts.

You're definitely right that I was trying to move the game on, because it was a dumb misreading mistake and I don't think it is valuable to go into. Serious question: What would your platonic ideal of a town reaction to that be?

I don't think it's in dispute that you've been around and posting. There definitely are at least a couple of lurkers. That being said, my suspicion on you as I mentioned basically boils down to that one post from the interaction between you and KB, not the overall amount of posts. If we can't find a better target, I guess I'd vote a lurker lynch over no lynch at all, but even more than normal that seems like a complete crapshoot in a game like this where everyone has multiple powers.

You say "it was a dumb misreading mistake and I don't think it is valuable to go into." Can you understand why several of us disagree with that statement? I've tried to put myself in your shoes but I don't think you're really putting yourself in ours.

As far as an ideal reaction, I haven't played enough that I could speak for everyone else, but if I were you in that spot as town, I wouldn't have immediately tried to dismiss it, and when questioned, I would have been far more likely to say "yeah, I know that looks bad, but I misread and this is what I was going for" as opposed to telling people that it was a bullshit case.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

No, I'm pretty sure I'd say this is a bad case if I was 3p, and I think it's mostly just you and KB that think it's good. (Dok per has disappeared after laying down a vote, though yes, they also seemed in support.)

Firmly disagree with your third paragraph, I don't really agree that it looks bad, I think it's something that KB is saying is looking bad. I agree misreading was my mistake - and I agree that KB challenging me on that was fair, but of his following points I do not think are good or reasonable. The crux of what he has is that I said something would have been good and then later said it was less than ideal, under different circumstances, and after I initially proposed a situation that I felt would have been an ideal case use of it. I think it's silly. If the argument is that I should have spent time dismantling it, well, okay, but I also know that KB tunnels and tunnels and it doesn't matter. Everything that happens to me from this game on out will be because I am scum and JUST PRETENDING that I'm town. So.

Hmmmm. I'm going to take a bit and think on this, but the fact that you're at least taking the time to intelligently defend yourself now and not just lash out means something.

Not saying I won't put it back on later, but for now, ##unvote.

FYI, I have to work later this afternoon so I likely will not be around right at deadline. I will check back in between now and then but I won't be available to move votes right before deadline if things trend a particular direction.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Crenk. posted:

That means I'm looking a lot harder at IS (whose vote felt like "Oh, tides are turning, I better change my vote so I don't seem allied with my scumbuddy," disingenuous) and probably Moat as well, he's been lying low in a way I really don't like. Posting just enough to try and seem not suspicious, still seems kind of suspicious. Anarc is still suspicious to me regardless of the KB/King situation, but I'm going to let her post for herself before I commit to her. Somber doesn't look good either for reasons already stated.

##unvote for now, I will be around for another hour or so before I am gone for the night, hopefully we'll be closer to a consensus by then.

I've made one vote in this game, against Keane, and removed it for now after a back-and-forth discussion with him in and around what KB was doing. You just unvoted as well. Does that mean I should be suspicious of you, following that logic?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

And if Keane were to flip scum why in the world would you then think I was scum when KB and I have basically led the charge against Keane? I'm not understanding what you're saying at all.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

It's going to be very hard to get a lynch, I think, between Crenk and I gone at deadline, plus the lurkers we have. I'll do my best to be around but I'm officiating a football game today so I can't exactly say "wait one minute, I gotta pull my phone out to move my mafia vote." :(

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Crenk. posted:

I'm an idiot and I combined you with somebody else. My bad.

So that reduces my vote choices to Somber (who I still don't like), KB (who I'm not crazy about because he's a tweener, but we would learn a decent amount if he flipped either way), Dok (who's the easy vote because he made very suspicious posts very early then disappeared), Dragon (because no content then WALL OF CONTENT + easy vote), or Anarc (who promised a post but I've long been suspicious).

I want to see more out of the other lurkers, but it doesn't seem like it'll happen in the next 30 minutes :/

Who among the ones you're still suspicious of did you have me combined with? I'm trying to find someone who switched their vote in the way you initially described, but nothing's jumping out to me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm a little surprised that out of all the people with three powers each that we've had zero day actions.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Crenk. posted:

I combined you and Jimson in my dumb brain and thought you were changing your vote like a lunatic between Dok, Dongs, and Keane. Your vote isn't that suspicious on its own.

Is there a way to read just one persons posts at a time?

Yup, clink on the player name in the OP and that should show you just their posts. Or the upside-down question mark underneath any player's post, if you're on desktop (which I'm not).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

So looking at those with votes on them, I'd say the most worthless votes right now are on Dongs, Bigup DJ, Tired Moritz, Gulag Dolls, and AN. Based purely on what people have posted so far, there isn't enough consensus to take any of those folks out.

I think Dok, Keane, Somber and Dragon are all choices that based on what people have posted so far, we might find consensus on. I personally probably won't do Dok today, but if somehow we can't get Keane to happen I'll still consider the other two. (This is my own take but feel free to challenge it)

So that means, ideally, the following people would move their votes to one of the other choices:

Cpig, Bigup DJ, Tired Moritz, Somber, Jimson

And the following people should just vote/revote period:

AnonymousNarcotics, Crenk., IllegallySober

That will get us started towards the path of consensus.

I'll go re-read the other three. I'm up to speed on Keane, obviously.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I'll go re-read the other three. I'm up to speed on Keane, obviously.

Here's my problem. Dok, Somber and Dragon would all be varying degrees of a lurker lynch, from what I can tell. Dragon popped in with a decent effort-post a bit ago but was gone before that. Dok and Somber have been similarly absent since shortly after the start. I don't feel like any of the three of them are "different" enough to get nine votes together on, over the other two.

Keane, obviously, is a different situation. He's changed his tune considerably and is much less abrasive now- but if that's not the vote, I don't think there's going to be enough consensus for a lynch.

Anybody else have thoughts?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Somberbrero posted:

worth noting that I am dunkproof. Not that I blame you but that'd be a bad end to day one.

Well, this is interesting.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I haven't seen anything in the last little bit to make me change my mind. Don't think we are getting a lynch, but since I can't be around for deadline, throwing my vote on the current leader.

##vote CCKeane

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Sorry guys, I was watching Houston get destroyed on Thursday Night Football.

I am town.

Also, late with this, but hell of a job staying with that read on Keane, KB. And grays to you guys who outed scum today too (dongs and whoever else was involved).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Sorry guys, I was watching Houston get destroyed on Thursday Night Football.

I am town.

Also, late with this, but hell of a job staying with that read on Keane, KB. And grays to you guys who outed scum today too (dongs and whoever else was involved).

Mafia edit: that was supposed to read "congrats to you guys"

• Locked thread