Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Of course! Here I was trying to understand why they loved the aesthetic of the show so much and it's just that they're a pack of chomos.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

Of course! Here I was trying to understand why they loved the aesthetic of the show so much and it's just that they're a pack of chomos.
I just really hope they keep to the pony show they already ruined and don't go following Lauren Faust around to her other series (and if they have, I don't want to know about it!). My daughter just discovered DC SuperHero Girls and we're having a blast with it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You know the answer to everyone question isn’t pedophiles.

Or it will eventually turn towards yourself

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Finnankainen posted:

Let's see how Freep is handling the latest mass shooting shall we?

freep: I'm a member of the Connecticut Bronies

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't get why people get so wrapped up in that show when there are way better kids shows to get wrapped up in.

Like, wouldn't every FReeper want to be Stan from Gravity Falls or someone like that?

No because Stan dedicated 30 years of his life to try and bring back someone he cared about and freepers would NEVER.

Also the Pines are jewish so...

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Well I mean the main villain is this guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5IYT9FdTRk

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't get why people get so wrapped up in that show when there are way better kids shows to get wrapped up in.

Like, wouldn't every FReeper want to be Stan from Gravity Falls or someone like that?

Well they can't like She-ra or Avatar because they've got The Gay Agenda!

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

I forogt about this. A lot of cartoons are a lot more diverse, both race and sexuality wise. Steven Universe, the owl house, avatar and its sequal korra, she ra, amphibious, adventure time, star vs the forces of evil and a bunch of others have openly queer characters amd lots of nonwhite characters. Watching modern cartoons probably feels like a constant remonder that they lost the culture wars hard.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Sanguinia posted:

This kinda hits the nail on the head on why there are fascist bronies. Being cartoon ponies, the characters aren't human and live in a society wholly separate from our own, therefore they can exist without the nebulous specter of politics that freepers, 4channers and other far right weirdos live in constant fear and outrage over.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SwingShift posted:

I forogt about this. A lot of cartoons are a lot more diverse, both race and sexuality wise. Steven Universe, the owl house, avatar and its sequal korra, she ra, amphibious, adventure time, star vs the forces of evil and a bunch of others have openly queer characters amd lots of nonwhite characters. Watching modern cartoons probably feels like a constant remonder that they lost the culture wars hard.

DarklyDreaming posted:

This kinda hits the nail on the head on why there are fascist bronies. Being cartoon ponies, the characters aren't human and live in a society wholly separate from our own, therefore they can exist without the nebulous specter of politics that freepers, 4channers and other far right weirdos live in constant fear and outrage over.

It also helps that the archetypes the main characters and recurring regular characters represent "feel," like they're white and hetero-normative. This isn't a knock against the series creative staff or anything, but it does make it much easier for Nazis to love My Little Pony compared to a lot of other cartoon properties. The show mixes epic fantasy with comfy slice of life stories and "apolitical," moral messages (at least to the eyes of the right wingers) so its right in the Dipshit Wheelhouse.

You have to be willingly blinding yourself to miss the obvious liberal/leftist vibe of the show, its blatant feminist messaging, or how much affection the LGBTQ community had for it despite not really having any up-front representation for most of its run, but then these are the same people that think that Star Trek is a rugged Objectivist individualism show, so their mental dissonance isn't surprising.

(A lot of fan art portrays Twilight Sparkle as black, and I always hope it makes Nazi Bronies furious)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is it really that much of a mystery why manchildren love a show aimed at literal children?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

huh. i am weirdly shocked. mostly because i assumed freepers were mostly boomers. bronies are zoomer to like early millennials.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’d extend that to all millennials :aatrek:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SwingShift posted:

also half of those have the Chaps working on them so anything that brings more homestar type content to the children is good.

too bad about the pilot.

https://youtu.be/wnPm3h6sl84?t=54

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Sanguinia posted:

It also helps that the archetypes the main characters and recurring regular characters represent "feel," like they're white and hetero-normative. This isn't a knock against the series creative staff or anything, but it does make it much easier for Nazis to love My Little Pony compared to a lot of other cartoon properties. The show mixes epic fantasy with comfy slice of life stories and "apolitical," moral messages (at least to the eyes of the right wingers) so its right in the Dipshit Wheelhouse.

You have to be willingly blinding yourself to miss the obvious liberal/leftist vibe of the show, its blatant feminist messaging, or how much affection the LGBTQ community had for it despite not really having any up-front representation for most of its run, but then these are the same people that think that Star Trek is a rugged Objectivist individualism show, so their mental dissonance isn't surprising.

(A lot of fan art portrays Twilight Sparkle as black, and I always hope it makes Nazi Bronies furious)

There is literally an episode where they're all terrified of a zebra until they realize they're being idiots. But then again, yeah, I lost any since of surprise over Freepers being willfully blind to things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s pretty simple MLP was before the culture war ramped up. If MLP was released today it would be SJW crap but it’s peak was like five years ago

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

SwingShift posted:

Sorry, but as someone that's watched it, I can't help but point out it's spelled Amphibia. :eng101:

But yeah, I'm impressed with how cartoons have developed in the past few years (you can also throw in Hilda, Kipo, Infinity Train, etc.) in terms of diversity and it feels natural too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nick Biped posted:

Sorry, but as someone that's watched it, I can't help but point out it's spelled Amphibia. :eng101:

But yeah, I'm impressed with how cartoons have developed in the past few years (you can also throw in Hilda, Kipo, Infinity Train, etc.) in terms of diversity and it feels natural too.

yeah, its also the humor has gotten better too, i dont even mean in some political sense(though thats probably true too) i just mean, they are just funny. like i disney knows how to hire writers and stuff for their tv now. i

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 18, 2021

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Nick Biped posted:

Sorry I was phone posting (aaaand thats the one in the list I haven't seen yet).

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

SwingShift posted:

Honestly I'm surprised I don't see freep freaking out about stuff like this more. Not even 15 years ago, a gay character even existing in a primetime slot in a sitcom intended to be watched by adults was enough cause for these people to, en masse, apply pressure on networks to yank them off the air. Hell, sometimes they succeeded. They needed to protect the children, you see!

But nowadays, lots of cartoons and shows aimed straight at kids have both side and main characters that are openly LGBT, and freep doesn't seem to notice or even care that much. Like, the last time I saw an actual freep thread on a cartoon, it was back when Arthur revealed that Mr. Ratburn was gay, and even then, most of the posts were just grumbling complaints and not calls to action. It's kinda weird that their worst nightmares came true and they don't really seem to give much of a crap.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Honestly I'm surprised I don't see freep freaking out about stuff like this more. Not even 15 years ago, a gay character even existing in a primetime slot in a sitcom intended to be watched by adults was enough cause for these people to, en masse, apply pressure on networks to yank them off the air. Hell, sometimes they succeeded. They needed to protect the children, you see!

But nowadays, lots of cartoons and shows aimed straight at kids have both side and main characters that are openly LGBT, and freep doesn't seem to notice or even care that much. Like, the last time I saw an actual freep thread on a cartoon, it was back when Arthur revealed that Mr. Ratburn was gay, and even then, most of the posts were just grumbling complaints and not calls to action. It's kinda weird that their worst nightmares came true and they don't really seem to give much of a crap.

Because they don't even remotely have any actual principles? They don't give a poo poo about gay cartoons on tv, they give a poo poo about whatever thing the right win media machine has told them to be outraged about. If we took off the gay cartoons it'd go back to black people on tv, take the black people off tv they'd be angry about brown people. They love to righteously indignant about whatever.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

pseudanonymous posted:

Because they don't even remotely have any actual principles? They don't give a poo poo about gay cartoons on tv, they give a poo poo about whatever thing the right win media machine has told them to be outraged about. If we took off the gay cartoons it'd go back to black people on tv, take the black people off tv they'd be angry about brown people. They love to righteously indignant about whatever.

This is why they're going after trans kids and teens now, it's a marginalized group that hasn't yet gathered enough resources and support to fight back. They will be shut down on this eventually and they'll double-down on refugee kids or some other group they think they can bully that not enough people care about.

All they care about is finding a face to stomp on that won't get them shunned from "polite society".

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I would've thought they'd be into one my fav cartoons, COPS, on the other hand the lead guy is a black dude so maybe not.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

-Blackadder- posted:

I would've thought they'd be into one my fav cartoons, COPS, on the other hand the lead guy is a black dude so maybe not.

I'm getting big early 90s vibes from this. Am I right?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Solid guess, 88-89.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I remember that show but I couldn't tell you a single plot element from a single episode.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
It actually takes place in 2020, and it's not too far off the mark either, the antagonist, "Big Boss" is pretty close to Trump, and the black guy has to have his entire torso replaced with a cybernetic bulletproof vest just to walk around.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also half of those have the Chaps working on them so anything that brings more homestar type content to the children is good.

too bad about the pilot.

https://youtu.be/wnPm3h6sl84?t=54

I'm glad I'm not the only goon old enough to remember the glory of Homestar Runner.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm the guys who bodily hurl a cop car over an overpass

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Log posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only goon old enough to remember the glory of Homestar Runner.

I remember the days before youtube, eating lunch in college watching sb emails. Which wasn't quite twenty years ago. yet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Yeah. I grew up with it. Good times. Glad kids have good humor to grow up with.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Arnt most freepers like 50s/60s age. I am surprised there are bronies but the again the rangerphiles are all old boomers and silents.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

-Blackadder- posted:

It actually takes place in 2020, and it's not too far off the mark either, the antagonist, "Big Boss" is pretty close to Trump, and the black guy has to have his entire torso replaced with a cybernetic bulletproof vest just to walk around.

Except that cops are fascists who love Trump

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Ambitious Spider posted:

I remember the days before youtube, eating lunch in college watching sb emails. Which wasn't quite twenty years ago. yet.

Back when getting drunk with a room full of friends and watching Strong Bad emails was enough entertainment to fill an entire Friday.

God drat, I miss the pre-smartphone days. People were so much more present.

I also got sick with food poisoning and subsequently set the college record for a show marathon, watching sixteen episodes of Deep Space Nine (on DVDs) in a day.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

i watched them in 6th grade in computer lab along with trailers for battlefield vietnam.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
We’d be hanging out at a friends house and all cram around their desk with their CRT to all watch them together. Then spend the next 2 hours making hamfisted references to them.

Good times. Good times.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The definitive list of left-wing companies that you should boycott

I'm mainly posting this for the list itself because holy hell is it a doozy.

List of very progressive companies posted:

-Twitter - (see our detailed review of Twitter) - Soviet-style censors, banned Trump, banning conservatives, censoring speech, shadow banning, huge Dem donors, SF-based. Switch to Gab, Minds, Parler, Telegram.org.

- SearchConservative - Don't let the name fool you. We do not recommend this site. It's merely another left-wing site in disguise. A search for "global warming" turns up propaganda sites such as a Tom Steyer page, Wikipedia's page and videos such as the CBS 60 Minutes propaganda piece "Terrifying Proof of Global Warming", a National Geographic propaganda video, as well as hysteria from Pope Francis. A search for "Donald Trump" under "News" produces many results from the alt-left propaganda site Yahoo News and ZERO results from the trusted sites we recommend. Use 4conservative.com or qWant.com instead.

-NewsGuardTech (browser add-on) - Self-promoted as a 'trust tool' that reviews news sites, but is nothing more than another attempt by liberals to blacklist conservative speech. The browser add-on laughably gives left-wing sites like CNN and Huff Post stellar ratings, but smears conservative sites with a warning due to "lacking in credibility and transparency" or "failing to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability" and to "proceed with caution". Remove this add-on if it comes pre-installed on Internet Explorer, which you should also not be using in the first place. Switch to the Brave browser.

-Airbnb - (see our detailed review of Airbnb) - Huge Dem donors, anti-Trump, racist policies, 'woke", supports BLM, San Francisco-based. Instead use vacationrenter.com, homestay.com or outdoorsy.com (RV stays), Motel 6, Priceline.com.

-Capital One - Continues to hire vile, never-Trumpers, Samuel L. Jackson and Alec Baldwin as their spokesholes. Heavy democrat donors. Samuel L. Jackson has said so many vile and profane things about Trump that if you are a Republican, you have absolutely NO business doing business with Capital One. Individuals at Capital One donated $305,221 more to Biden than to Trump. We recommend Charles Schwab for banking. Schwab does not have ATM's, however they waive ATM fees. Otherwise use a credit union or any regional bank that is apolitical and not privately owned ala Stanford Financial.

-Pokemon - Supports the Marxist hate group Black Lives Matter.
loving Pikachu taking a knee before every Pokemon Battle! :freep:

quote:

To: ma_che62

Don’t worry. If you do not boycott those companies half of them will boycott you at some or another point.

5 posted on 04/18/2021 4:10:17 PM PDT by monkeyshine (live and let live is dead)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ma_che62

I don’t believe in boycotts. That being said, I will never drink another Coke, or watch an NFL game.

15 posted on 04/18/2021 4:29:09 PM PDT by Telepathic Intruder
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BipolarBob

Ugh. AirBnB.

Back to very expensive hotels at 3x to 5x the cost. Not gonna get a decent one for $500 to $600 a month.

17 posted on 04/18/2021 4:30:05 PM PDT by Starcitizen (So Indian H1B crybaby trash runs Free Republic moderation??? Seems so. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BipolarBob

This is a poor strategy. There is no way to boycott 100 companies at once, including whole industries.

We should imitate the left. Pick one company at a time, force them to break, then move on to the next. That would accomplish something.

33 posted on 04/18/2021 5:00:13 PM PDT by Renfrew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

quote:

To: xp38

Just checked Homestays.com

3x more expensive than Airbnb for the time in need to stay (cheapest was $420/ week; Airbnb has one I stayed at before for only $600 a month) in a certain location.

And the others are just aggregators for hotels, most $100 plus a night...

Motel6? If I can can a non-Indian owned or run one, maybe. But still 3.5x what I can normally find on Airbnb (I’m no longer allowed to rent in the US, for any place requiring a rental credit check), so I must stay at Airbnbs.

49 posted on 04/18/2021 6:24:10 PM PDT by Starcitizen (So Indian H1B crybaby trash runs Free Republic moderation??? Seems so. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

-E: I didn't notice this before, but they also put up a (much smaller) list of good, conservative companies and I found this.

Good Companies posted:

Dunkin Donuts (No further elaboration on this)

Bad Companies posted:

JM Smucker Company (Dunkin' Donuts, Folgers, Smucker's, Jif peanut butter, Laura Scudder's, Crisco, Santa Cruz Organic, R.W. Knudsen Family, Hungry Jack, Meow Mix, Milk Bone, Kibbles n'Bits, Natures Recipe, 9Lives, Rachel Ray Nutrish, Cafe Bustolo, Martha White, Bick's, Five Roses, truRoots, Sahale Snacks, Pup Peroni, Robin Hood, Shirriff) - Due to what Smucker describes as "recent events", they donated half a million dollars to fight what they call "discrimination and racial injustice", thus perpetuating the false notion of systemic police racism. Smucker is also "committed" to reducing greenhouse gases, thus perpetuating the hysterical and refuted notion that humans are causing the planet to warm and that CO2 is dangerous. As far as switching to more costly energy, we say let 'em waste their money.
:thunk:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 19, 2021

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jagged Jim posted:

The definitive list of left-wing companies that you should boycott

quote:

To: xp38

Just checked Homestays.com

3x more expensive than Airbnb for the time in need to stay (cheapest was $420/ week; Airbnb has one I stayed at before for only $600 a month) in a certain location.

And the others are just aggregators for hotels, most $100 plus a night...

Motel6? If I can can a non-Indian owned or run one, maybe. But still 3.5x what I can normally find on Airbnb (I’m no longer allowed to rent in the US, for any place requiring a rental credit check), so I must stay at Airbnbs.

49 posted on 04/18/2021 6:24:10 PM PDT by Starcitizen (So Indian H1B crybaby trash runs Free Republic moderation??? Seems so. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

Ok can anyone provide a list of possible reasons why this dude can no longer rent property? I feel like "Spent more money than he had on Trump campaign donations" is too obvious

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

DarklyDreaming posted:

Ok can anyone provide a list of possible reasons why this dude can no longer rent property? I feel like "Spent more money than he had on Trump campaign donations" is too obvious
Owes back child support and unpaid taxes in amounts exceeding the GNP of most small countries is my guess.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Man that Starcitizen dude really fuckin hates Indians.

quote:

That being said, I will never drink another Coke

I guarantee this Freeper can't keep that promise, even if he doesn't know it, just due to the sheer amount of drink brands that are owned or bottled by Coca-Cola. Dasani, Barq's, A&W, Hi-C, Minute Maid, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Fuze, Fanta, and even some Nestea stuff is owned or bottled by Coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

FMguru posted:

Owes back child support and unpaid taxes in amounts exceeding the GNP of most small countries is my guess.

Given that his name is "Starcitizen" it's entirely likely that he ruined his credit rating buying non-existant starship jpegs.

It's always fun to spot a StarCitizen in the wild.