Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Are the Fox website's message boards appropriate for this thread? I see some seriously :stare: stuff in there when I decide I hate myself enough to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

What I'm hearing deep on the Conspiracy Wire is Biden will be instituting MANDATORY covid checkpoints to take people to MANDATORY treatment at DEATH CAMPS dressed up like field hospitals.

This is only going to get sadder and funnier.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I only just got caught up on this thread and need to say "I'M SO MAD I'M INCANDESCENT" is the best comment I've read in a while.

"I'm sorta glowing, folks! With anger! Glowing with anger!"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

As a guy who gets a monthly infusion of a very new drug at a hospital that has stopped a terminal disease in its tracks, I can say the unknown is better than the known of dying. Could I have severe issues with blood clots in ten years? Almost certainly. But I don't have to use a walker anymore with the added benefit of living more than two years.

(Got diagnosed with ALS, got "down graded" to Unspecified Motor Neuron disease when I responded to IVIG treatment. Still terminal, but IVIG actually reversed some damage and paused the nerve degeneration clock.)

But, at my infusion yesterday, I heard something unexpected - Most of the nurses are really unsure how they feel about the vaccine. They are all pro-science and anti-Trump, but seeing how his administration has functioned for the last four years has the staff worried it has been poorly rushed by people who don't believe in science. They want A vaccine. But they are terrified of A vaccine quickly brought to market by Trump and Co.

They also say front-line workers should be dosed in waves or severe/unexpected side effects could shut down hospitals.

tldr - Side effects are better than death.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

RagnarokAngel posted:

Well, admittedly the difference is dying of covid is also an unknown. This isn't me being conspiratorial, i.e. "it's not real/not that bad" but that I don't have COVID so the choice is not a binary die vs. possible side effects. It's possible I dont get covid, or I do get it one day and don't suffer too badly from it. Frankly I think if I got it, my odds are pretty good of surviving it as I have no outstanding health issues that would exacerbate it, so it'd be a really small chance I'd die from it.

That said, I'd want it more to protect the people around me who would be vulnerable, and that is likely the overriding thought that will make me get it regardless. Also, glad to hear that treatment did wonders for you :)

:respek: Appreciate it! :downs:

By my criteria, I'm judging the harm that could come to others heavily. Also, unknown side effect doesn't necessarily equal death or harm. Someone getting covid most certainly does. That's why I would personally get it without regard to my own health.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Didn't Dan Crenshaw actually go get his rear end shot off in the military, unlike 99% of the Freep "My Trigger Finger Works" assholes?

Not saying that in defense of the jackass. I just thought he served and would have some conserva-cred for it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Midgetskydiver posted:

The point being that liking dogs does not mean a person has a moral compass or is capable of being a good person. That Trump notoriously hates animals really brings into focus how big a piece of poo poo he is.

I figured as much, but is that a known thing? I always found it strange that he is the first president in ever to not have a pet.

Also, he didn't throw out the first pitch at a Yankees game which broke some super long tradition. But I'll tell you the worst kept secret in America as to why. There is no loving way in hell he can lift his arms over his head. Even if he could I feel like he couldn't throw a ball, just like he cannot drive a car.

I'd pay Pay-Per-View boxing money for three hours of him having to do things like -

- Use a microwave
- Cook pasta
- Use a self scanner at a grocery store
- Use a grocery store
- Rake leaves

Not because I'd enjoy seeing him enjoy menial things, but because I literally don't think he would know how.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I had a moment today that reminded me of this thread.

I was born in Nashville and moved to Portland three or so years ago. My family back in Tennessee is extremely conservative.

Thanks to the bomb, cell phones were down Christmas and Boxing Day so I didn't get to talk to my family in Tennessee. Today, I finally got through to my mother -

Mom - "What do you think about ANTIFA burning down your city? Are you able to go out?"

:stare: - "That's not even remotely what's happening here."

Mom - "ANTIFA almost burnt our entire (Nashville) downtown!"

:stare: - "I'm pretty sure that bomb was just a random guy committing suicide"

Mom - "Oh, not that. They almost burnt it down a couple weeks before the bomb."

:stare: - ":stare:"

God only knows what Freepy corners of the internet her "intel" is from.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Erenthal posted:

The cube is life.

:stare:

What in the unholy gently caress is that?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is this the type of place to talk about Van Morrison releasing an "Anti-Lockdown Protest Song?"

It's supposed to be the first of three.

It's so loving awful and I want to know what Freep thinks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFOaiWTfvOk

It is really God damned bad.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Van Morrison has always had his head planted so firmly up his rear end he looks like a talentless snake eating itself.

Have an eleven minute song of him "scatting" as proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFPX-uTbkI

I'll never forget me and some buddies being drunk and watching music videos way back when. We saw a video of young Van Morrison scatting that blows this recording out of the water for pure awful.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm still furious about that awful Van Morison song.

I sent it to a musician friend, who replied, "Is this a joke?"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm like ten pages behind on this treasure trove of a thread. Reading more than half a page makes me have to back away from my computer like it's a rabid dog.

But a gem got missed a while back -
--------------------
To: Beave Meister
Awesome. We will continue to see the wheat separated from the shaft.

To hell with anybody that gives her anything less than a verbal standing ovation and full endorsement.

20 posted on 1/13/2021, 5:20:27 PM by bramps (It's the Islam, stupid!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
-------------------

Ah yes. The good old "Shaft Wheat."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Folks, I got here as quick as I could with some Freep Adjacent Fox Posting. If this isn't allowed in here, I'll delete my post.

Fox News still has active message boards and they are as horrifying as you would expect. But, they are normally smart enough to close them on articles about race or AOC and the Squad.

They forgot to do it for this one -

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/morgan-wallen-country-setback-n-word-video-stupid-expert

Morgan Wallen is the twenty-seven year old country music guy who got caught on video tossing around the N word. But that awful story isn't the point. It's the posting going on at the bottom.

I swear to God, this sampling I got was only looking at the first page of comments, out of 646. There isn't a :stare: big enough for this poo poo.
--------------------------
4 February, 2021
r.w.b!!also

If you don't want to be called the "N" word do not act like one. I have heard more blacks use it than whites. The "N" can be any person ,who wants to live a worthless no account crooked ,unsavory life. Why would you be offended by the "N" word unless it is describing you personally?
-------------------------
TheRegulator
4 February, 2021

We can have a rapper sing about WAP and say the N word and that's acceptable but this isn't. Double standards have got to stop
------------------------
RightIsNeverWrong1776
4 February, 2021

Biden should appoint a Word Czar and have the word stricken from the English language. OMG, black music would become extinct and black families and friends wouldn't be able to communicate.
-----------------------
dEMSrDIRTY
4 February, 2021

I heard the N word thrown around a dozen times this week in stores...and not one black person who said it, was cancelled for it. If this word has such a negative effect on everyone, "everyone" should be cancelled out for saying it. Right libs?
---------------------
durlek
4 February, 2021

We tried. We really did. In an attempt to atone for the sin of removing these people from their original habitat, we have spent many decades, trillions of tax dollars, sacrificed many innocent lives, re-calibrated our own sense of decency, lowered our expectations, made excuses, and made every one of their problems our responsibility in hopes of encouraging a basic level compatibility. Some have embraced the opportunity. Not enough. In general it has been an epic failure.

Doyoucare?
4 February, 2021

Handing out more free money is not going to help, it will hinder any progress that has been made.
----------------------
RigD
5 February, 2021

He parents grew up in the Era is what I was referring to so I would imagine since he was a child he has heard that word tossed around a good bit. So now since your white you can't use certain words in the vocabulary? Goodness us white folks have to walk a thin line these days. We can't arrest a black or we are racist, can't speak wrong to a black, can't pick a white over a black in a job or we are racist, and the list goes on.
----------------------

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

If you want to have some fun, try reading screen names before the posts. Hell, in the smattering I picked we have such hits as -

- The Regulator
- dEMSrDIRTY
- RightIsNeverWrong1776

Holy God, I know the internet is a cesspit where the stupidest, loudest voices get heard. I also know Fox is propaganda. But it's still loving jarring when it's not hiding on some Stormfront-y chan website.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Back in my early to mid twenties as an average looking chubby guy, I had a pretty best friend lady room mate.

I remember us doing OK Cupid at the same time (2010ish?) and she was flooded. Some of it was awful. But she did also find a ton of dates.

I got to the point where I would send out ten messages over a weekend and not hear back once. She demanded to look at my profile and read the messages, to identify where I was loving up. After seeing that I wasn't typing in all caps about trains and poo poo with a profile pic of my cock, she just said, "It's like you're on a different website than me." She got flooded with both quality and the dregs. Whereas it was just a ghost town for me.

If I ever have the time to get serious about dating again, I am dreading the whole online component of it.

Manuel Calavera posted:

At least one dick pic a day. But I'm being more proactive and just blocking dudes, and at least I've found some nice NB/trans folk to chat with so far in the week or two I've been back on it.

Yup, I remember my female room mate normally got a few a day. Unsolicited as well.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

i've always felt a big part of it is toxic masculinity bullshit. remember, if you try to look nice or smell good, you're a metrosexual sissy. what does that leave a guy to offer?

:starts fumbling in pants angrily:

I'll show 'em how to be a tough guy!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This might be a personal problem and I've not tried online dating in five or six years, but you know what always seemed to sink me?

One liners. I would always type out a small paragraph, trying to spark conversation about a common interest. Like I mentioned, my profile and pictures had been proofed by a few friends, so I don't think I was committing any faux pas in that department. But I never, ever just did the one sentence, "Hey, what's up? or cheesy pick up line stuff. All my friends who did had luck.

I think I sounded like a grandpa, trying to type out sentences and poo poo.

Now that I'm approaching the latter part of my thirties, I bet things would be different. But having become recently physically disabled (motor neuron disease, but it's not progressing due to a new treatment), I have zero loving desire to try and spark up Tinder.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. as someone who also has physical disabilities. its loving awful to try to meet people online because alot of people will shoot you down or ghost you the second they see a picture or the word wheelchair. i don't take it personally, peoples interests are peoples interests but it gets depressing. i got lucky meeting my current gf. she liked my message about the book series she liked and it took off from there. what i am trying to say is online dating sucks and if i am ever single again. i'll just do reddit or bumble because while i think i look good, i am not getting any right swipes.

:( :respek: :(

I feel ya'.

I'm lucky enough to only need leg braces right now, but I'm not able to work. Even being debt free living in a condo I own, the whole not working thing is a motherfucker to get around.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i got laid off from my lovely retail job right before christmas 2019. covid kinda hosed the whole thing and also has put a gently caress ton of strain on my current relationship. my area sucks rear end job wise alreadfy but thankfully i get my first shot thursday.

Thank God you're getting the shot!

I have monthly IVIG treatments, which is technically considered a chemo treatment. But the nurses and doc call it chemo light, because while it makes me sick it's nowhere near actual cancer chemo levels.

But I'm technically not immune suppressed. I receive immune suppressive treatments and I'm at risk of severe neuromuscular complications from Covid. But I don't tic the "immune suppressed" box, so I get the shot when other thirty-six year olds do. Meaning I'll be lucky to have it by July. Spending a literal year in lockdown is getting loving old! (As is the same for everyone else not going out.)

(mutter mutter gently caress American healthcare mutter mutter)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'll say this -

The "Missile Defense Shield" aid to loving Israel, in the middle of largest and possibly quickest mass casualty event in one hundred years, rubbed me the wrong way. Mostly because all the "Rah Rah Israel" stuff is all from the mouths of religious nuts.

(Half of my family are hard right ultra conservative evangelicals. I'm very familiar with hearing people say "If we turn our back on Israel, we turn our back ON GOD" line of reasoning.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Do the folks in this fine thread have any desire to see the results of my Fox Comments dives? I did one before, but I don't want to clutter up a thread with something nobody wants.

The poo poo in there is :stare: to the nth degree.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Post the fox news comments dumps God damnit.

They will all be fresh picked and I have to make sure I get something extra ripe.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hearing about that "MACHO MILITARY MAN!!!" convincing a jury to convict a person because "His shirt was oversized to hide muscles" makes me genuinely think we'd be better off judged by Judge Tribunals.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sorry to have been so behind, had a death in the family. But nonetheless, I am here to bring you some Grade A Fox Message Board posting!

Beware - There is some foul poo poo in this post.

Let's start with a pretty innocuous article - Dallas Nightclub Shooting; woman killed, 8 injured.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dallas-nightclub-shooting-woman-killed-eight-injured

-----------------------

WGDIII
47 minutes ago

Unless they’re known to one another and socialized, 4 black males (14-45 y/I) can’t be together without someone being shot.

-----------------------

TrumpForAmerica127
Man, Ya Just Can't Have 4 Or More Of Them Together Without Someone Pulling A Gun Out!

- Reply to TrumpForAmerica127

whtnationalist
That number goes down every year

Mr. Omerta:
Bit more info on The Dallas Morning News webpage...

"The gunman, who was described as a Black male in his early 20s with dreads and a blue shirt with a hat and jacket, is at large, police said."

- Reply to Mr. Omerta

ReasonedSanity

And he was further described as a loving father, mentor in his church, worked three jobs, donated to the community and was a friend to small animals.

-----------------------

tubad4ya
"...Pryme nightclub after a 'disturbance' between two groups..."

Translation: The gunman was "disrespected," and thus elected to avenge himself according to the applicable cultural norms.

---------------------

Has anyone else noticed the mass shootings and Democratic gun control efforts disappeared during Trump's administration? We suffered many under Obama and now with Biden, shootings are a thing again. Why do we think that is?

---------------------

servemyego908
Lemoncello threw shade at Laqueefa then Dijonaisse clapped back at Lemoncello.

----------------------

Arminius23
330M population. Thousands die from other causes; yet, this is sensationalized. Why? Because government wants your arms to force dependence.

Free-Thinker829
Reply to Arminius23

After three rounds of stimulus checks and years of free unemployment, we are already there.

------------------------

UpsetOldGuy
This stuff happens all the time in Atlanta, the mostly black clubs, where they pour until 4 am, a recipe for disaster

steve9258
Reply to UpsetOldGuy

Any place mostly black is a recipe for disaster.

---------------------------

No exaggeration, all of this was found on the first page of comments, which is sorted by the most recent. There are 1.2k comments and 28 new comments were posted while I was cutting, pasting, and formatting.

This is only a taste of the disgusting, unfettered racism you'll find right on the surface of Fox comments. If you dig, it gets worse. To my knowledge, the only thing that gets comments removed is easy to spot slurs.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

This one is sure special. Again, I'm not digging for these comments. These are what's recent. I didn't go any further than the most recent stuff on the first page. Most of the comments are less than a half hour old.

Article Published - Less than one hour ago
612 Total Comments
76 More in the time I made this post

Also, the Fox gif they use for the article is of a running crowd, but it zoom in on two black people running. Because of course it does.

Miami Beach spring breakers hit with extended curfew after SWAT team forced to break up rowdy crowd

https://www.foxnews.com/us/miami-beach-police-blocking-entry-into-city-after-swat-break-spring-breaker-crowds-up

--------------------

Wass

This isn’t a typical spring break crowd unless they’re all from Grambling and Howard Universities.

Likes - 203

HaywoodJablome066
Responding to Wass

Miami got a “Spring Black” problem.

Likes - 60

earp1848
Responding to HaywoodJablome066

So does the world. Everyone hates em.

Likes - 15
-------------------------

DreamofSiargao

I thought for a minute it was spring break in Nigeria.

Likes - 75
----------------------

HPT3

I would take bets that those involved in this latest of rowdiness were in no way college kids on spring break! More disruption by outside interference such as BLM or Antifa taking advantage of the situation!

Likes - 19
-------------------

AmanitaVirosaMushrooms666
9 minutes ago

13% of population 90% of countries problem. Does it ever change? Not.

Likes - 13

boforit
Replying to AmanitaVirosaMushrooms666
8 minutes ago

You can fix this with a heavy hand.

Likes - 1
-------------------

godhimself435
14 minutes ago

Nope.. definitely not. When whites move in an area, the neighbourhood expands, develops and it's property values go up and crimes down.. Blacks only create Ghettos and depreciate the area they reside in and they all become crime ridden. Want a problem at a party.. invite some Blacks.

Likes - 27

earp1848
Replying to FedupVoter
19 minutes ago

They cause over 70% of the US problems and don't even get me started on the rest of the world. Every country in the world HATES them. Fact.

Likes - 32
----------------

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I'm in the middle on the issue.

Most of what I'm talking about took place in the 90's, so if I say liberal it's in regards to being socially liberal more than anything else.

A little backstory - My parents got divorced when I was five in 1989. It was a messy, nasty, courtroom divorce that my mother's side turned into a scorched earth campaign that ultimately backfired, because my father got joint custody.

My mother's side are hundreds of years of southern, ultra-conservative, hardline evangelical, anti-evolution, anti-abortion, the Bible IS the Word of God Christians.

I'm the first American on my father's side. They are British, socially liberal/left, mostly politically agnostic, atheists.

I was a die hard Christian, taught to believe in literal demons scheming against me in physical "horns on their head" bodies. I also believed even thinking about a sin was the same as committing it. I've often heard my mother compared to Carrie's mom, but I've read that book. Carrie's mom ain't got poo poo on mine. It was bad enough I developed OCD from the constant need to perform prayers as a ritual to ward off the gates of literal hell. I also proudly told people I was a Republican and would try to lecture people about why Bob Dole was better than Bill Adulterous Clinton.

When I made it to fifteen, I started to see through poo poo. I went to a public school and my father's British side of the family made a point of taking me to the UK every summer. They didn't rail against my mother's family, knowing it was too much to ask a kid to be at constant war. But they put a ton of effort into exposing me to a wide array of social experiences. For whatever reason, from fifteen to seventeen saw me do an about face. I turned agnostic, became vehemently anti-religion, and nearly became estranged from my mother throughout the process. I got rescued, but I don't feel like that's because I "rose above" or anything. I was lucky enough to get shown enough poo poo to make me question the hell I was born into.

My purpose for this rant - I absolutely know some good, caring people who hold abhorrent views due to living their entire life without leaving the state of Tennessee, their church, or their family group. Those people are hosed and have little hope for making it out.

Am I giving them a pass? No. People should be able to do the math about good and bad. But believing these people living in a box are going to start voting blue out of their own self reflection isn't gonna happen. Some people are intellectually trapped, so I don't necessarily hate them. I pity them.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Captain Monkey posted:

Some other goon said it earlier and it’s pretty much the only way to look at it -

1. Are they victims? Yes.
2. Does that excuse them? No.

You can feel bad for a person and still think they need to lose their job or whatever consequence so that they don’t do further harm.

You can also still mock them for their beliefs because it’s a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that they are actually monstrous in their beliefs.

This is a little closer to how I feel.

It's loving complicated and I could sit and stare at this blinking prompt all day trying to articulate it. I've known some objectively good people - charitable, community oriented, kind hearted, selfless - who hold loving foul political views. But when it comes to their actions, what the physically do with their body and money, they do outright good. Some of these people have literally never left their bordering counties. I have a hard time lumping them in with the garden variety literal proud racist freepers.

I guess I'm talking ideology vs. action.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I know this is the funny thread, so I'll try to bring some actual content next post.

I'm just going to say right and left for the sake of brevity. I'd also like that say that anything I'm about to type is not to excuse abhorrent behavior, but about understanding its roots.

One of the big things that especially fucks America is how incredibly loving isolated people are from "the other side" of where their position sits. They have family, school, friends, and coworkers that mostly if not totally agree with them. People can make it through their whole life without having to really think through and defend a challenge, legit or not, to their personal paradigms.

Having grown up split between two households at constant war, one right one left, one native one immigrants, one crazy religious one atheist, was good potting soil for critical thinking. But I think a poo poo ton of people never get to see the world outside of their little geographic bubble.

If we are being honest, how many of us rightfully laughing at the freepers have ever been fully jettisoned into a hostile peer group and had to think out way out, unable to just tell them to get hosed?

Only having two parties doesn't loving help.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sanguinia posted:

You can't have reasoned discussion on the merits between two sides when one side believes the other's merits don't exist because their entire ideology is illegitimate, morally evil and necessitates extermination of both the ideas and the people who have them.

Trust me, I hear ya on that.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

In Today's Edition of :stare: on Fox, we have a subject always on their front page -

Absolute outrage that Ilhan Omar exists.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/boulder-massacre-suspect-ilhan-omar-twitter-backlash

"Ilhan Omar faces backlash for tweet about Boulder massacre suspect's race"

drewconklin580

Thank you, Somalia for your countless contributions to the human experience. Your advancements in medicine, the arts, space exploration and container ship hijacking do not go unnoticed by the rest of the global community.

Likes - 111

Dislikes - 6

------------------------

saucer434

The same Omar and her family, who fled their country because of Civil War and didn't like what they saw or heard, yearning to come to the US because of our Democracy and freedoms, but then once here, she wants to change our Democracy and those freedoms because it doesn't suit her and she doesn't like what she sees or hears.

Likes - 545

Dislikes - 22

--
Griff6
Reply to saucer434
3 hours ago

She is upset that she can't have more than one husband at a time!

Likes - 46

Dislikes - 0

--

outsideperspective991
Reply to saucer434

They fled because her dad is a war criminal, wanted for war crimes, how else do you think that thing could become a democrat rep. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Likes - 218

Dislikes - 5

--------------------

Lagerfeld1

The bad news: Omar and her husband both lost their father to the coronavirus.

The good news: Only one person died.

Likes - 25

Dislikes - 4

------------------

egor52

Omar continues to attempt to build a career based upon her ignorance and and hatred of Americans. I’ve spent a lot of time in Minnesota and this con artist does not mirror the views of Minnesotans. The state legislature needs to draw her district out of the automatic elect a minority program and get her out of congress.

Likes - 56

Dislikes - 5

-----------------

dennisl59

They were planted...like taking the ILLEGAL immigrates to northern states on the Canadian border. Geez folks. Will you ever wake/speak up???🇺🇸

Likes - 88

Dislikes - 0

------------------

chaz9876

Thousands of Somalia NON US people that Illegaly Voted in the elections? Did you see that Somalia Pirate Taxi Driver that had over 300 Ballots on his dashboard and was Bragging that he was just Buying or Threatening people for? Yeah, Somalia Pirates Lives Matter right?

Likes - 143

Dislikes - 1

---------------

ThurstonHowelllll

This is a great example why we should never let people from foreign countries vote for at least twenty years.

Likes - 26

Dislikes - 2

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

My undergrad was a rich kid Graduate school prep institution in Kentucky that I somehow got a scholarship into. We were still more left students than right, but it was 2002-2006. There was a lot of Toby Keith "We'll put a boot up your rear end!" rah rah post 9/11, early GWOT American bullshit.

Anyways, I wrote 310 papers in four years and the majority of classes was debate style that you could very much fail. I remember two or three hard conservatives that were monsters to deal with, because they were good at it. Well read, thought on their feet, and sneaky.

Freep doesn't have any of these types. But when I think "Intelligent Conservative" in 2002 it means something pretty different than 2021.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Like I mentioned, I have some insanely fundamental relatives.

Which is why I found this precious gift on Facebook, mixed in with "OMG NIKE SATAN SHOES MOMMIES BOYCOTT BOYCOTT SCREAM!!!"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Eyespy posted:

They have never read the bible

If you ever want to have fun, make up a Biblical verse and put it on social media.

"For man has cast out the devil from thy shoes, into the wheat and grain. The LORD hath wrought prophecy upon thy soles of feet, on which masking them is to break covenant of LORD GOD." - 21:36 II Leviathans

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

kik2dagroin posted:

"...Gates of Hell"

Shoes. Satan. Lil Nas. Boycotts.

I seriously hope y'all are just plugging Lil Nas into Facebook and looking through Christian Mommy Blogs. It's worth it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Who is Matt Gaetz?

I don't want to Google him and infect my computer MAGA advertisements for the next five years.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hoooo boy.

Fox almost always has comments turned off for anything "Race Adjacent." You'll often find people, in completely unrelated comment sections, all CAP typing, "WHY DID FOX TURN OFF THE COMMENTS ABOUT MLK DAY, HUH?!?!"

They forgot to turn them off for an article talking about Floyd's ex on the stand. Let me show you why they normally turn them off -

Side Note - THIS IS ALL FROM THE FIRST PAGE OF COMMENTS!!!

----------------

Derek Chauvin trial: George Floyd's ex-girlfriend testifies about his drug use, their relationship

https://www.foxnews.com/us/derek-chauvin-trial-george-floyd-drug-use

----------------

Sedona-USA
13 minutes ago

At least before he killed himself Floyd reached the pinnacle of black manhood: he got himself a white "mama".

-----------------

Scyre

So tired of everyone finding ways to pull the victim card for themselves. If you take the pain medication as directed, you wouldn't have that bad of an addiction if any. 5mg hydrocodone x twice a day is not going to get you addicted to a point you can't easily stop. Even if they did get addicted from stealing more pills or doctor shopping, it doesn't justify using one of the strongest opioids known to man above heroin and morphine and blaming society/doctors afterwards.

Likes - 1551

Dislikes - 102

----------------

iyq2

I had a friend who said she couldn't stop smoking cigarettes because she had an addiction. "I can't, I have an addiction." The way she put it was like it was an external locus of control when it is actually internal. We all have the power within us to make good decisions and choose our life's path. I am my choices.

Likes - 710

Dislikes - 39

------------------

AllenBravo3

RESUME FOR GEORGE FLOYD:
George Floyd moved to Minneapolis in 2014 after being released from prison in Houston, Texas following an arrest for aggravated robbery
On May 25, 2020, Floyd was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill at a grocery store in Minneapolis
He was under the influence of fentanyl and methamphetamine at the time of arrest
Floyd has more than a decade-old criminal history at the time of the arrest and went to jail for at least 5 times
George Floyd was the ringleader of a violent home invasion
He plead guilty to entering a woman’s home, pointing a gun at her stomach and searching the home for drugs and money, according to court records
Floyd was sentenced to 10 months in state jail for possession of cocaine in a December 2005 arrest
He had previously been sentenced to eight months for the same offense, stemming from an October 2002 arrest
Floyd was arrested in 2002 for criminal trespassing and served 30 days in jail
He had another stint for a theft in August 1998.

Likes - 118

Dislikes - 7

-------------

mr.a257

Are you taking the same drugs that George was on? Now we now that it’s all Lincoln’s fault. Tear down the statues!!!

Likes - 14

Dislikes - 0

Zoe11
Reply to mr.a257

The TRUTH is the LIGHT. Deal with it.

Likes - 11

Dislikes - 0

hellothere001

Are you a Black Supremacist?

Likes - 24

Dislikes - 0

----------------

franklinsdad124

George Floyd has already cost businesses Billions of dollars in damages. With billions more on the horizon.

Likes - 605

Dislikes - 44

ding_dong_the_witch_is_dead
Reply to franklinsdad124

That Biden is bailing them all out of. Which means we are bailing them out of.

Likes - 70

Dislikes - 5

--------------------

Bwyse442

It’s about Choice - I choose to get high or not. I choose to work or not. I choose to pass fake $20 bills or not. I choose to put myself in a position where a police office has his knee on my neck for 9 minutes or not. Once again America is being force to justify the actions of someone who choose a life of bad decisions.

Likes - 210

Dislikes - 7

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I can speak to the ammo scarcity.

The pandemic and unrest turned a whole lot of people, including lefty folks, into first time gun buyers. Anytime there is a new president, especially a DEMONcRAT, there is also a huge run on all things gun. Add that with the two aforementioned factors, and guns/ammo are unbelievably scarce.

I have a case of ammo for a Goon Shoot shoved in my closet that I bought for about $200 a pre-pandemic. Now, that same box is sold out loving everywhere. If I wanted to sell it, I could at get at least $600, probably more.

Elections always make stuff scarce, but ammo companies are saying they are months behind quotas and completely unable produce enough to catch up.

(Yes, I'm a leftist gun weirdo who grew up in the south shooting at paper targets and plastic coke bottles in the woods.)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Welp, Fox never fails to depress.

Today I decided to look into the comments of a shooting in Texas that left someone dead. Apparently, the article didn't mention the RACE of the shooter.

I learned new code for racist bullshit in the comments -

Anybody who asked what "The 13%" meant got instantly disliked into oblivion -

As always, I just looked at the comments on the first page.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

The military is full of doofuses. I don't know if it's changed in the past few months, but I read an article stating 1/3rd of the American Military was opting out of being vaccinated.

Frankly, I'm amazed they can't just be overridden unless they have a genuine health reason. There are a few that are legit. But not 1/3rd of the military legit.

I've been going screenshot diving on Fox for a few days. I'll do some posting when I have the bandwidth to read that bullshit again.