Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
this is a cross-parody thread

George: Get in the plugsuit, Jerry!

Jerry: But I don't want to get in the plugsuit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
:gas:

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Ever hear of that lost seinfeld episode "The Evangelion"??

The episode was supposed to air around season 6, but it was mysteriously cut. The “official” story about the episode was that it featured Elaine purchasing ab eva after being mugged, but many elements about this episode were never revealed until recently. NBC Executives refused to officially report on the episode until the Seinfeld season 6 DVD commentary. I have the tape but as someone who works within NBC, unfortunately I can’t reveal my sources.

I work at the GE building in Rockefeller Plaza, and I have access to their digital archives, that’s as much as I can divulge. We also have the entire original Seinfeld series in multiple formats, including original reels and VHS tapes. I noticed an episode with the production code “607” was missing from the tape set, and it was relocated in a set of old news reels. The replacement episode “The Mom and Pop Store” was filmed a season later to replace the missing episode. It is oddly titled “The Angel”

The episode starts out as normal, with Jerry’s apartment, but the camera is much more steady. Jerry walks out as though he’s been drugged and remarks that all of his family and friends have been dying lately. His buzzer rings and it’s George. George runs up, half crying and tells Jerry he’s seen something terrible. He’s mumbling and stuttering for about five minutes until he can form a sentence. There are still pauses for humor, but there is no audience or laugh track. George informs jerry the twin towers have exploded due to the impact.

Jerry turns on the news and you can see modern footage of the angel attacks, all prefilmed several years beforehand. George says that isn’t the worst part: Elaine and Kramer were in the towers at the time of the impact. What proceeds is a graphic and explicit phone call of screaming and crying and Kramer saying that something terrible has happened, and elaine is dead. Kramer screams there’s no air in the building, and he’s burning to death, and that he’s going to jump.

The camera cuts to live footage of a man falling from the twin towers. George genuinely looks upset and says “I’m sorry Larry I can’t go through with this” and he tries to walk off the set but people stop him and push him towards the stage. He walks out jerry’s prop window and you can hear him calling his agent. There’s a lot of mumbling and you can see candles being lit behind the stage.

Jerry goes over to the bookcase and pulls it aside, revealing a ceremonial black table with candles, a dinner plate and a strange box. There is a Masonic symbol against black cloth just outside where the fake stage window would be. Jerry says some weird things in a foreign dialect, and one cut of the camera shows a poster of Barack Obama (This episode originally aired in 1995). The scene ends with jerry waking up in bed, as though it’s all a nightmare. Kramer comes in and asks if jerry has seen Lilith. Jerry laughs and says “we are Lilith” and the camera zooms slightly. His eyes become slivered, like almonds.

The tape is only 7 minutes long and what proceeds is just 20 minutes of dead air. If you continue watching to the end, it seems there are three more news reports tacked on. The first is about an outbreak of swine flu, the second about a train bombing, and the third...

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNakMdvXk

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i was a teen when evangelion was big poo poo among nerds and even then in all my fatness and stupidity i knew it was a horrible loving cartoon

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

That Robot posted:

None of the Seinfeld characters could be Eva pilots, because only people born after the Second Impact can pilot Evas

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actually, Seinfeld could take place in the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion without any modification, because the divergent point between our world and the Eva world was the Second Impact, which happened in 2000. Two years after Seinfeld ended.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

That Robot posted:

More like "Get in the robot, George" considering who has the biggest neuroses.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Young Freud posted:

More like "Get in the robot, George" considering who has the biggest neuroses.

George would never be able to synchronize with the soul of his mother

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

What's the deal with LCL fluid?

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

What's the deal with LCL fluid?

It's like.. I'm drowning, now I'm breathing, oh wait, I'm still drowning
And don't get me started on the shrinkage!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Elaine and George sit alone on a beach overlooking an ocean of blood. The last two humans on Earth.

Elaine: you're not spongeworthy.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
George: "This woman red haired 15 year old girl hates me so much, I’m starting to like her."

Dr. Killjoy fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 17, 2016

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
huh looks like there already was a seinfeld anime

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

George: "This woman red haired 15 year old girl hates me so much, I’m starting to like her."

Relevant...

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
That's certainly better than the 5 head on the left.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

:lol: really good editting there.

Alao elaine clearly = asuka.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Fifth Manchildren Frank Costanza is the 17th angel, and George has to take him down in the Feats of Strength to avert Third Impact.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

George forcibly opens the hatch to Marissa Tomei's entry plug after Eva Unit 00 takes the brunt of the Fifth Angel's heat beam. He tells her how he thinks manure is a beautiful word, and she is seen smiling at somebody other than Newman for the first time.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

recently a short film set in the Evangelion world was released, and it was just a high school romance. So this thread's whole premise, that something taking place in the Evangelion world has to involve Evangelions, is wrong.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Ever hear of that lost seinfeld episode "The Evangelion"??

The episode was supposed to air around season 6, but it was mysteriously cut. The “official” story about the episode was that it featured Elaine purchasing ab eva after being mugged, but many elements about this episode were never revealed until recently. NBC Executives refused to officially report on the episode until the Seinfeld season 6 DVD commentary. I have the tape but as someone who works within NBC, unfortunately I can’t reveal my sources.

I work at the GE building in Rockefeller Plaza, and I have access to their digital archives, that’s as much as I can divulge. We also have the entire original Seinfeld series in multiple formats, including original reels and VHS tapes. I noticed an episode with the production code “607” was missing from the tape set, and it was relocated in a set of old news reels. The replacement episode “The Mom and Pop Store” was filmed a season later to replace the missing episode. It is oddly titled “The Angel”

The episode starts out as normal, with Jerry’s apartment, but the camera is much more steady. Jerry walks out as though he’s been drugged and remarks that all of his family and friends have been dying lately. His buzzer rings and it’s George. George runs up, half crying and tells Jerry he’s seen something terrible. He’s mumbling and stuttering for about five minutes until he can form a sentence. There are still pauses for humor, but there is no audience or laugh track. George informs jerry the twin towers have exploded due to the impact.

Jerry turns on the news and you can see modern footage of the angel attacks, all prefilmed several years beforehand. George says that isn’t the worst part: Elaine and Kramer were in the towers at the time of the impact. What proceeds is a graphic and explicit phone call of screaming and crying and Kramer saying that something terrible has happened, and elaine is dead. Kramer screams there’s no air in the building, and he’s burning to death, and that he’s going to jump.

The camera cuts to live footage of a man falling from the twin towers. George genuinely looks upset and says “I’m sorry Larry I can’t go through with this” and he tries to walk off the set but people stop him and push him towards the stage. He walks out jerry’s prop window and you can hear him calling his agent. There’s a lot of mumbling and you can see candles being lit behind the stage.

Jerry goes over to the bookcase and pulls it aside, revealing a ceremonial black table with candles, a dinner plate and a strange box. There is a Masonic symbol against black cloth just outside where the fake stage window would be. Jerry says some weird things in a foreign dialect, and one cut of the camera shows a poster of Barack Obama (This episode originally aired in 1995). The scene ends with jerry waking up in bed, as though it’s all a nightmare. Kramer comes in and asks if jerry has seen Lilith. Jerry laughs and says “we are Lilith” and the camera zooms slightly. His eyes become slivered, like almonds.

The tape is only 7 minutes long and what proceeds is just 20 minutes of dead air. If you continue watching to the end, it seems there are three more news reports tacked on. The first is about an outbreak of swine flu, the second about a train bombing, and the third...

Ha you ever see the episode of Martin where they get initiated into the freemasons? P weird.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Guy Goodbody posted:

recently a short film set in the Evangelion world was released, and it was just a high school romance. So this thread's whole premise, that something taking place in the Evangelion world has to involve Evangelions, is wrong.

Trap sprung

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The evangelion world. I mean jesus christ, where do you even start with that kind of poo poo?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
*endless cricket noises*

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

"And it turns out, the giant robot - was my dead mom!"

"Your mom?"

"My mother, Jerry!"

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
obviously this is elixirs rape fantasy

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"mulva" does sound like the name a new yorker would have in an anime

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
phonetics is fun

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lol

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
yadda yadda yadda everyone's goo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
already happend op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNakMdvXk

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
The big robot, you know, it's a robot, with lots of stuff in it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

mdm posted:

The big robot, you know, it's a robot, with lots of stuff in it

thats georges dad, right

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
What if Seinfeld was $4 toast?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord
lol cool this thread is still alive

i wish someone made a YouTube video of slap bass playing over the evangelion opening

e: wow efb to the max in a good way

lmbo even the engrish with "castre rock"

loving nailed it

That Robot fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 19, 2016

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

That Robot posted:

i wish someone made a YouTube video of slap bass playing over the evangelion opening

Really surprised if this doesn't exist, or a version of the opening with all of the instruments replaced by Seinfeld opening samples.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

first I've heard of it

what's the name of the film?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
"So we were really going at it, and I was thinking of things to say, and she started talking about being a clone, and I said 'Oh, like the ones your mother laid out for you', and she got really mad"

"The clones your mother laid out for you? What does that mean?"

"No idea"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
After the most recent angel attack destroys his Le Baron, George meets with Gendo in a attempt to have NERV compensate him for the damage. During the meeting Kramer, thinking that he's found a pigman, steals Lilith from Central Dogma.

• Locked thread