Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
The Nintendo Entertainment System™ is an 8-bit home videogame console created by Nintendo in the 1980s. Since its inception, all subsequent game systems have been laughably inferior.

It is home to a myriad of videogame entertainment classics, including:

Super Mario Bros 3

Randoms such as:

Eliminator Boat Duel

Mr Gimmick

Bad games!:

and of course the exalted Wrecking Crew (all hail!)

Post cool things about the NES, dammit! :mario:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It's the best, second only to the Super NES

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nes is extremely good but here's a hot tip for y'all: the gamecube is better :ssh:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Blow in it

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
mario 2 is vastly underrated

ice hockey and tecmo bowl are the best though

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I beat both Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine when I was a kid and they really weren't that bad.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Maniac Mansion was good and River City Ransom was awesome

The Carmen Sandiego game came with a mini encyclopedia

Skate or Die had insanely bad controls but the half pipe in Skate or Die 2 was pretty sweet

Bayou Billy is impossible even with the game genie

I'll think of some more

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
NES Memories

My family was pretty poor growing up, and my dad got us a Nintendo for Christmas one year. It was amazing to me and my brother cause we never thought we would ever be able to have one.
We never really got new games for the system, so we used to just borrow games from other kids around the neighborhood.
I remember one day my dad picked me up around the corner at a friends house and told me we could go buy a game, and naturally I was through the roof cause I'd never been able to pick out my own game before.
Well, I got the game and also got told by my pops that him and my mom were getting a divorce. To make matters worse, the game I picked out was goddamn Ninja Kid.

I still have that cartridge to remind me that life is a fuckin bitch.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
SMB3 is one of the best games ever.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Behold the sickest video game box ever produced

Also one of the best video games

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Bubble bobble

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
honestly the NES could have just had Super Mario Bros 3 and it would've been worth the price.

people would be like, "where the other two?" though.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
behold the epic storyline of Bad Dudes

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
GUNSMOKE BITCHES!

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i think most nes games havent aged all that well if you don't have nostalgia for them

not super mario brothers 3 though

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
NARC! YOU BUTTFUCK SUCKAZ!

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

RestingB1tchFace posted:

NARC! YOU BUTTFUCK SUCKAZ!

this guy gets it

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Marble Madness

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
shout out to A Boy and his Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Marble Madness was a beautiful gently caress of a game.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

nigga crab pollock posted:

i think most nes games havent aged all that well if you don't have nostalgia for them

I think it just depends. people have nostalgia for the NES Mega Man games, Castlevania, Metroid, Double Dragon, Final Fantasy. Those games didn't age well and are hard and frustrating as gently caress.

Most shooters hold up great. Gun Nac, Gradius, Life Force etc. puzzle games like Dr. Mario. and the good platformers like SMB3, Kirby's Adventure and Ducktales.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

nigga crab pollock posted:

nah nes games aged fine for the most part. there are exceptions, like og metroid, but there are lots of people getting into nes now who were not alive when the thing was current and still love it. poo poo i am a snes kid and didn't own an nes until 2008, i still think it owns.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
where the gently caress is nes remix 3, nintendo??????????

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sounds like some fag poo poo, OP

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Tom Gorman posted:

I think it just depends. people have nostalgia for the NES Mega Man games, Castlevania, Metroid, Double Dragon, Final Fantasy. Those games didn't age well and are hard and frustrating as gently caress.

Most shooters hold up great. Gun Nac, Gradius, Life Force etc. puzzle games like Dr. Mario. and the good platformers like SMB3, Kirby's Adventure and Ducktales.

I feel like Mega Man 3 holds up quite well (with exception to the convoluted menu system), playing through it again atm.

It's real challenging, that's for sure. I like how it makes you learn the levels and predict the upcoming enemy's attacks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tom Gorman posted:

i played castlevania for the very first time this year, having never played any of them at all, and it is a pretty good game. it does have some bullshit difficulty moments thanks to the knockback, but it controls well and it is satisfying as gently caress to kill things with your whip. and the soundtrack is rad.

i've still never played any megaman though, kinda want to but those games are expensive as gently caress these days.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I only beat Adventures of Link as an adult. They never should have sent a child.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

I don't know man, the games you mentioned are really tough but I'd still say they've aged well... uhh, maybe not the first final fantasy, but the rest of them.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

This logo told you which games to avoid

Their logo might as well have been a skid mark

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

poo poo man, Kirby's Adventure. That was the real poo poo.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
aaww poo poo! here comes some BANANA

BANANA

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cubey posted:

i played castlevania for the very first time this year, having never played any of them at all, and it is a pretty good game. it does have some bullshit difficulty moments thanks to the knockback, but it controls well and it is satisfying as gently caress to kill things with your whip. and the soundtrack is rad.

Might just be me because I really can't play it anymore. And yep it's totally the anger from the knockback. Maybe I'm getting old.

But none of them were awesome until Castlevania IV (still has knockback I think) but owns so goddamn much to this day it is forgiven. Hot take here it's better than Symphony of the Night.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 17, 2016

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Simon's Quest was the best Castlevania on NES. The GBA and DS Castlevania's were the best though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
did someone post duckhunt yet

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
today i pooped and didnt have to wipe

thats an allegory for nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I don't really miss games being insanely difficult if not impossible to beat TBH

Glad that poo poo went away

• Locked thread