Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
My original plan for the night was to drink a scotch and watch the Giants game, but then I heard some crazy noise coming from the front of my house. I go outside and discover that some rear end in a top hat with two large pit bulls let them escape. It's not clear if they escaped from his yard or if he was walking them on a leash and they jerked out of his hand. But they started mauling some little stray dog which ran up my driveway to the gate between my driveway and my backyard and then got cornered. Little guy is bleeding a lot and will definitely need stitches which apparently requires putting the dog under general anesthesia. Also I think they broke his leg because he can't put weight on it. He's in a little bit of shock but is super sweet and just keeps curling up in my lap. Vet techs took him back for work now. Keep your fingers crossed that he lives. Looks like the damage here is going to be at least two grand, but gently caress it. There will be other dollars in the future.

Here's the little dude. If praying is your thing, please do that.

https://imgur.com/a/o8hKU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
pray for this dog

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
:(

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Name the dog Caro. He survived torture and now he's coming back home with you.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hot dog.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
you could've just Old Yeller'd him and adopted a new, non-broken dog instead, then spent that $2000 on anime

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
A truly noble endeavor.
God speed, little dog. :patriot:

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Zorodius posted:

you could've just Old Yeller'd him and adopted a new, non-broken dog instead, then spent that $2000 on anime

Thought about this, but (1) you've seen one tentacle, you've seen them all, and (2) I'm a pretty frugal guy and I don't spent much money, so it kills me to drop this kind of cash unexpectedly, but at the end of the day saving money isn't an end in itself, but rather a means whereby I can have money at my disposal when situations come up where I just need to use it, and this feels like one of those situations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:rip: dogge

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
gently caress that made my day, i found a dead bird on my doorstep this morning so this was a daymaker

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Hope the doggo doesn't die op.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Call him pitstain

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idgaf

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You got a good one, just like mine, congratulations on your sudden and complete loss of free will and spare time, you are now a slave to a tiny black dog :unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna post honestly in gbs and say you're a good dude for saving the dog.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You should kill the pit bulls and their owner. Twice. No one will care because the owner is clearly retarded.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

They look like this when they get their poo poo together

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Waltzing Along posted:

You should kill the pit bulls and their owner. Twice. No one will care because the owner is clearly retarded.

shoot the owner and send the pibbies to separate rescues. the dogs are always better than the humans that trained them badly.

keeping my fingers crossed for the little guy :ohdear:

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Nonviolent J posted:

gently caress that made my day, i found a dead bird on my doorstep this morning so this was a daymaker

Thanks for the avatar man that's pretty cool.

Update on the pooch - they gave him some pain meds so he's stoned out of his mind. He's heading into surgery now. I'm picking him up in the morning at 6:30. Will update then. Apparently he was severely dehydrated too.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

This is a very cool and edgy post. Please share your hot takes on the appalling lack of ethics in gaming journalism.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Good luck dogge.

Hoping that surgery and recovery goes smoothly.

When it's all over, take the pitbull owner to Judge Judy to recover the vet bills.

Boof Bonser posted:

Thanks for the avatar man that's pretty cool.

Update on the pooch - they gave him some pain meds so he's stoned out of his mind. He's heading into surgery now. I'm picking him up in the morning at 6:30. Will update then. Apparently he was severely dehydrated too.

It's a good sign if they haven't uttered the words "blood transfusion".

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 17, 2016

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boof Bonser posted:

This is a very cool and edgy post. Please share your hot takes on the appalling lack of ethics in gaming journalism.

idiot

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Sorry to hear about your troubles, friend. I'm also having troubles. Mostly related to gambling. If you could donate $700 to me it'd be much appreciated TBQH

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Me neither but that's not very nice.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Praying for Hadogbe

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Lovely little dog and a good deed, but I hope that's just a gun in your pocket.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Stay safe crushed canine

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

kill all pitbulls imo

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos
gently caress pit bulls and their owners. i would have shot both the dogs. my brothers dog got attacked by two pit bulls and survived, but then one of the stupid garbage owners dogs died because my brothers dog bit it in the face and it got infected. they didn't even take their piece of poo poo dogs to the vet after.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Its called nature

Survival of the fittest

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
There is a blind guy here who used to be "tuff"

Then he went blind and decided to get a guide dog, but of course a "tuff" one.

He cant understand why people don't want his stupid mongrel in their shops.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Pit bulls, like "creative" spellings of names, are a good indicator of mental illness.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i was going to post "i hope your wife is OK op" but i won't out of respect

naem
May 29, 2011

You are officially a GOOD PERSON now o.p.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its p dog racist of you to mention they were pitbulls op just because they were bred to be aggressive and fight other dogs doesnt mean theyer any more dangerous than a chihuahua might be

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
did the dog make it yet?
You know it's prob gonna get ripped and seek revenge against all pits now

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

As soon as the forums were up again I came to check this thread how is your tiny new dog doing OP

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

this never would have happened if the op had a pitbull

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Pon de Bundy posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Pon de Bundy posted:

agreed 100%. hopin the pup is okay

• Locked thread