Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
OP you rescued this dog man so you gotta keep it. It clearly loves you for saving its rear end. I mean its been in your possession for all of 24-48 hours and sits on your lap and wags his tail. You spend $2,000 on this dog.

You gotta keep it man, it loves you and I can tell you already love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Op is a dog hero.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

Op is a dog hero.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

that's a lot of money, general anaesthesia surgery on a cat costs only a couple 100€ around here. but then again, the cat didn't survive, so maybe I got what I paid for.

anyway, you saved a puffy dog and spend $2k on a veterinary instead of anime and steam games. looks like a win-win for everyone.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Naerasa posted:

It's because terrorist attacks and mass murders happen to humans, and humans are kind of lovely. Dogs, on the other hand, are always friendly and cool.

except pitbulls obviously

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Goatfather posted:

except pitbulls obviously

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Pit bulls are a weird anomaly because most of them are super, super friendly to their owners and family, and even visitors if they're socialized right. That's why there's always such rancor when one eats a toddler in some trailer somewhere and people are like 'gently caress those murderdogs'.

But they're often horrifically vicious to other dogs, even if they grew up in multi-dog households, and, as we all know, tiny-dicked wannabe tough guys love having A BAD-rear end DOG, so a non-zero number of them really are ticking time bombs.

I've had really positive experiences with friend's pit bulls, they're big goofy grinning muscleheads. But I can't foster them ever because all three times that I've tried, they immediately try to kill my elderly, toothless chihuahua mix when he objects to them loving with his foodbowl.

It's a hosed-up situation because I can see both sides of the issue, plus the shelters here are just chock full 'o pit mixes and hardly anyone adopts the smaller ones. :( And it isn't the dogs' fault that shitheads hosed with their bloodlines for their amusement.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
gbs hates the pits its ok man :smithfrog::respek::smith:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Don't be a bunch of shitbirds and wreck the thread with a bunch of retarded pitbull :byodame: ok

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
good luck little dog please make a full recovery

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Flesh Forge posted:

Don't be a bunch of shitbirds and wreck the thread with a bunch of retarded pitbull :byodame: ok

:ssh: its ok.

The OP is a goddamn dog hero.

:catbert:

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Faithless posted:

Good gave thousands to a hotdog man but nobody has created a go fund me for this dog yet

vet bills

PILED HIGH

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
pro stylin tiny black dog :cool::respek::cool:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

error1 posted:

cat owners will never understand that a dog is worth this much money, because you can easily replace someones cat with any other cat and the owner wouldn't ever notice

they're like goldfish with legs and annoyingly sharp claws

I spent that much on a cat that wasn't even mine so you shut your whore mouth

Also we have two cats, both from the same litter and they have completely different personalities.

Faithless posted:

Good gave thousands to a hotdog man but nobody has created a go fund me for this dog yet

Because a mod didn't tell them to do so.

OP should start a gofundme for the cost of the vet bills. Maybe it will also bring awareness to your scumbag neighbors. Anyway count me in for a few bucks if you do so (no I didn't donate to Doobie's)

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Good job OP, I'm glad the dog is doing better.

:)

Tiny Man Thinking Big
Apr 24, 2005

Somehow I imagined this experience would be more rewarding.

On behalf of all small dogs, mine thanks you

Tiny Man Thinking Big fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 18, 2016

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
all dogs are cool as long as they aren't yorkies. I'd take a murderdog over any of those yappy legless shits.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

SneakyFrog posted:

Op is a dog hero.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
GJ OP. <3

Dogs are boss. Well done for saving one. Dogs are pure affection machines.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I dont like many things OP but I like dogs and I like you even tho you sass'd ORKIN MANG who is one of my posting heroes. Namaste

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
This is not like the dog in the OP but it is my dog and I am fond of dogposting at the slightest provocation

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
he looks much smarter with a trim, well done op

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Whether you keep him or not, you've got to name him OP. He deserves a name after what he's been through.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Name him trampoline Keith

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've had a nasty cold and work is a bitch, so I've been pretty tied up, but definitely meaning to update the thread.

Little guy is doing OK. He has one wound on his back that was deep enough that they didn't stitch it up because it stopped bleeding but is basically seeping. Apparently there is a pocket of fluid under the wound and they need to play a waiting game to see if it will abscess, in which case it gets drained; or if it will necrotize, in which case they need to surgically remove the adjacent tissue and patch it back up, or if (let's all knock on wood now) it will basically just heal on its own. We're kind of at a time will tell stage on that. So right now he's at the vet where he has to stay under observation until we can take a more definitive action on the open wound issue. It really sucks not having him here, because he is super cuddly and generally the best. He spent all weekend sleeping on my lap while I watched tv and I totally bonded with him.

Otherwise things look OK health wise. We had routine blood work done, vaccinations, and de-worming taken care of today. Unless there are surprises on the bloodwork, things look good. I'm really hoping to get him back from the vet on Thursday.

As far as keeping him goes, I already have two rescue pups, so I think I'm going to give him to a friend of mine who has been looking to adopt. He's a good guy I've known for about 10 years, and I know his family takes wonderful care of their dogs, so I'll feel OK about it even if it's really going to suck giving him up.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

youre a good man op

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

youre a good man op

That's debatable on multiple counts, but I really love dogs. They're just awesome animals and having them around makes being a human a lot more tolerable. Glad to see other people on here feel similarly.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Boof Bonser posted:

That's debatable on multiple counts, but I really love dogs. They're just awesome animals and having them around makes being a human a lot more tolerable. Glad to see other people on here feel similarly.

dogs own, but not everybody would do what youve done for this one.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
Aside from doing the right thing, which is great, do you know how much rear end this story can get you?

I'd imagine it'd be on the order of colossal amounts.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

IceLicker posted:

Aside from doing the right thing, which is great, do you know how much rear end this story can get you?

I'd imagine it'd be on the order of colossal amounts.

reams

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

dogs own, but not everybody would do what youve done for this one.

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Lolie posted:

It's location dependent I think. Pet insurance here doesn't cover anything which is regarded as "preventable" (so it doesn't cover parvo, reproductive stuff, etc) and there are a poo poo ton of other exclusions.

We've dropped almost $12,000 on vet bills in the last 12 months and none of it would have been covered by pet insurance.

Same, $6,000. Pet insurance is a loving joke. Bone cancer, amputation, chemo. Nothing covered.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you did good OP but those pitbulls are still alive this cannot stand

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
omg op :syoon:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
You're a good OP, OP.

We adopted a greyhound three months ago. One week after we brought him home he ended up at the e-vet because he had some weird streaky vomit. The x-ray showed his spleen was flipped and intruding in between two lobes of his liver. Emergency splenectomy and recovery: $6000.

After that we discovered he had food allergies the rescue had conveniently neglected to tell us about, so he was prescribed prednisone and a bland chicken diet and he lost 7 pounds. The pred made him a touch incontinent and he was prescribed something for that; he had an amphetamine-like reaction to it and was back at the e-vet. We also concluded that he's probably allergic to chicken and so we put him on an allergen-free prescription diet.

Now he's back to a healthy weight, healed up, and we're working on getting him off his prescription diet and onto some Merrick limited diet blend.

He's probably cost us close to $9000 in 13 weeks of ownership. I still think he's a Good Dog though.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ElectricSheep posted:

You're a good OP, OP.

We adopted a greyhound three months ago. One week after we brought him home he ended up at the e-vet because he had some weird streaky vomit. The x-ray showed his spleen was flipped and intruding in between two lobes of his liver. Emergency splenectomy and recovery: $6000.

After that we discovered he had food allergies the rescue had conveniently neglected to tell us about, so he was prescribed prednisone and a bland chicken diet and he lost 7 pounds. The pred made him a touch incontinent and he was prescribed something for that; he had an amphetamine-like reaction to it and was back at the e-vet. We also concluded that he's probably allergic to chicken and so we put him on an allergen-free prescription diet.

Now he's back to a healthy weight, healed up, and we're working on getting him off his prescription diet and onto some Merrick limited diet blend.

He's probably cost us close to $9000 in 13 weeks of ownership. I still think he's a Good Dog though.

drat thats a sick rear end dog. good on you for ponying up though. my dog has allergies to novel protiens. basically, his food is duck or kangaroo (?) based. those allergies arent a huge deal

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

also for the thread, ive found that zignature dog food is super good. if you can find it

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I like that little dog. I'm allergic to large dogs so they can all go to hell.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Good on you OP, you're a nice guy.

But if it happens again with a different victim, pls shoot the pitbull(s) and the victim dog (after consoling it), and donate the two grand to a global charity instead to keep a starving family of humans alive for three years.

(If you're in the U.S. you will of course own a gun.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

BigBadSteve posted:

Good on you OP, you're a nice guy.

But if it happens again with a different victim, pls shoot the pitbull(s) and the victim dog (after consoling it), and donate the two grand to a global charity instead to keep a starving family of humans alive for three years.

(If you're in the U.S. you will of course own a gun.)

gently caress this bullshit. please save the poor dog

• Locked thread