Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dreddout posted:

Recently picked up this

It's pretty good, but hot enough that your body needs some time to recover from consuming it. I like how the flavor is subtle and doesn't ruin the taste of what ever you put on it.

That's some good flavor. There's another similar brand that smokes the peppers beforehand and you really get more flavor.

That's my test as to whether or not a "super" hot sauce is good: Does it evoke flavor that mixes well with the searing heat? So far, I've not found anything that beats homegrown peppers dried and blended into a powder. Last season it was Naga Viper, this year I got some decent Ghosts, enough to fill about 1/3 of a salt shaker.

If I just want circus-level heat, I go with the Satan's Blood, which I bet has already been mentioned in this thread, 800,000 scovilles

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bimmi posted:

I try to keep a bunch of different kinds around too, but my neck of soCal is surprisingly barren of variety in the hot sauce aisle, and far too many of the minor brands around here are vague jalapeno-based fluids that are often bitter, devoid of character, and genuinely do suck.

Amazon. I hear there's a specialty shop in Los Angeles proper, too. IT's where my friends go to get me gifts for events and stuff.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bacon Hat posted:

ive been making chili oil out of poo poo in my garden and szechuan-style ingrediants. does that count?

Well, is it hot? What makes it hot?

• Locked thread