Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They say they are really smart which is why I imagine they taste so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i really like to eat and observe octopi but they dont have much charisma

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This thread is making me crabby.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Top notch thread op, really learned a lot about animals yet again

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Top notch thread op, really learned a lot about animals yet again

Happy to be of service :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Octopus eyes are built correctly, with the retinal neurons connecting from behind the eye, whereas ours are stupid and overlay from inside the eye, granting us the special ability of "BLINDSPOT"

Yeah but we can change the shape of our lenses so we don't need to physically move it nearer or farther from the target to get it into focus. Having to physically move (I don't think they have musculature to move the lens internally) to focus on your target is a pretty bad setup for an ambush predator.

• Locked thread