Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
ive got a rocket in my pocket
Do you read cards, or have you had your cards read? I have a couple decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I have a deck I made myself out of place mats from the country club diner on staten island. It's a good deck imo, I brought my own colored pencils for the illustrayshes

A lot of ppl poopoo magick and say it's not real. Now, I do feel as though magick can be taught to a certain extent, but this is mostly a refinement or expansion of innateness of powers. there's a tiny seed of power within you that I can water with nourishments and make you into a potter or a gandalf. But no seed, no dice.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I meditate daily using mantra chanting. I despise all gods but I get a kick out of the ganesh origin story where his dad gets jealous of his mom always fawning over him so he kills the poo poo out of him and his mom goes "fix him or I'm fuckin ending you, and the universe" so dad starts fixing him but his head is totally hosed up beyond all fubar so he grabs some lil elephant sauntering nearby and pulls it's head off and sticks it on his sons body and whooshes some lifebreath into the corpse and that's where Ganesh cane from.

Anyway I like doing Ganesh chants, they fill me with purpose and ease and power.

I can do tarot readings if anyone would like one.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Some of the cards are nice. But it's a load of old bollocks.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
But some cards are pretty bad rear end.

Even death isn't strictly negative, but...

The tower is.

quote:

This card follows immediately after The Devil in all Tarots that contain it, and is associated with sudden, disruptive, and potentially destructive change.

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
rezurection viral king beats leper king and tower card

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Like most of the Western magical tradition, Tarot is something I don't believe in but couldn't live without. Using and thinking through the lens of symbolism has become just so obvious to me that I do it without really thinking about whether I "believe" in it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
they should make a tcg with tarot cards

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

they should make a tcg with tarot cards

u should learn history instead of journalism and then just done it like rio did ~

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
see me in Doom 2016 multiplayer dare, I'll whop yo n00b rear end

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

a bone to pick posted:

see me in Doom 2016 multiplayer dare, I'll whop yo n00b rear end

r u just a slut or do u play real multiplayer games or wat :P #ELDREKT (and ur my elder)

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vargas posted:

r u just a slut or do u play real multiplayer games or wat :P #ELDREKT (and ur my elder)

if u think tribes is a 'real' multiplayer game you're probably a scrub that never learned Halo, probably can't even turn left ad gets wrecked daily.

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
idk i am bad at both and im a scrub but i can probably teach any1 to be pr0. i try to put on a face of pride about that but its just a magic trick. like battlefield earth learning machines which dont exist yet. though i do love grammarly

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
Tarot cards were originally used to play a card game similar to bridge. BTW Id whip all your No0b asses at some bridge.

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Egorger Le Chef posted:

Tarot cards were originally used to play a card game similar to bridge. BTW Id whip all your No0b asses at some bridge.

bridge is a terrible math game

~tarot uses emotions and phenomenological prediction~

terrot uses panic and tranny they r different games but insanely related especially if you get a custom deck and play custom shuffle. think of ff8's no leveling game beat using cards only

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I used to work for a crime scene clean up company and we'd also get contracted to clean out hoarder houses. We cleaned out one dude's house and he had all these crystals and quiji boards and stuff. I found some oversized tarot cards designed by aleister crowley and you're drat right I pocketed them. Still have them

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007

Volume posted:

I used to work for a crime scene clean up company and we'd also get contracted to clean out hoarder houses. We cleaned out one dude's house and he had all these crystals and quiji boards and stuff. I found some oversized tarot cards designed by aleister crowley and you're drat right I pocketed them. Still have them

I have a Thoth deck, it is my favorite one!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I feel like tarot can be useful if you think of it as a guided introspection session. There's nothing magic[k]al about the cards or the person doing the reading, but they function like restrictions on a creative writing assignment.

"Write something" "I have no idea what to write about"
"Write a story about ____ where ___ happens" *story ensues*

"Tell me about yourself or your situation" *random generic bullshit*
"What kind of problems are you facing that remind you of _____?" *much more specific crap that can actually be tackled*

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think most people bullshit with these but there is some way to use them properly.

the person above me is boring as gently caress, dont even bother with the interesting aspects of humanity if you're just gonna nerd it up.

the cards have a purpose, it's divination. just because we have ipods and cars now doesn't mean that stuff went away, it's just on the backburner. people used to lead societies from smoke filled caves with this kind of poo poo, now it's some nerds creative writing assignment and he is just soooo above it because he knows better with all the modern ways. uh huh.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
jorge mcdonald

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
"yeah and we used to use plants too but now we have medicine"

just gonna head this lame argument off at the pass. let me know when science invents a future sight machine then we'll talk.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
oh and that stupid ages poo poo too, we're still in them we just have better toys.

we're the same humans we were thousands of years ago for the most part we just changed the languages and fashion around. that means this stuff is still valid on some level even if it's mostly lost.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the ms clio lady used to be a secretary for a guy who made law study materials

now her family has hundreds of millions

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i like the william blake deck a lot.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

your cards have impure energies and won't work

source: im a wizard

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Frikkin Hanged Man, that card's meaning always eludes me.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

This is metal as gently caress

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mysticism, divination, sorcery, etc, are all cool as hell and I wish I was dumb enough to believe in any of it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

But some cards are pretty bad rear end.

Even death isn't strictly negative, but...

The tower is.

haven't you got the tech industry memo, disruption is good

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

looks like i need a new deck :coffee:

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Mysticism, divination, sorcery, etc, are all cool as hell and I wish I was dumb enough to believe in any of it.

i'm not dumb friendo i just have powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the trick to reading tarot card effectively is the be a pathological liar

• Locked thread