Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Linnear posted:

...... is this real? She looks ridiculously beautiful and my first thought was photoshop.

Dunno it's one of those images just floating around on the internet so it might very well be enhanced a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

InterFaced posted:

yeah now that you guys pointed out what it is I remember seeing it a bunch of places. I guess I'm not used to seeing a bundle of sticks by itself next to a bunch of SS symbols.

its a symbol that has always been heavily used by fascists especially in italy and spain. but lots of other people like it too

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

why do all these Serbian music videos have such specific lovely quality? They all look terrible in the same way. Is the entire Serbian music video industry run by one guy with a VHS camera he bought at a New Jersey Best Buy in 1994?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Because is filmed with potato.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

InterFaced posted:

yeah now that you guys pointed out what it is I remember seeing it a bunch of places. I guess I'm not used to seeing a bundle of sticks by itself next to a bunch of SS symbols.

we usedto use it on the dime

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
isn't 21 like a super common image on medieval coat of arms?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

InterFaced posted:

I would like to know more about bundle of sticks axe,

someone noted that while one stick broke easily an entire bundle of sticks could withstand more force, they call this political ideology faggotism

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Yeah that lion is on everything.

The Swedes were just wingin' it though

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
the bundle of sticks is a "stronger when together" symbol but every symbol is racist i guess

especially #25, black power fist

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Helical Nightmares posted:

There was a civil war memorial in Brockport.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/08/top-5-must-see-civil-war-era-sites/

Went to a few of these including Old Stone Fort and Saratoga.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/historical-sites/2015/07/battlefields_military-forts_upstate_ny_historical_sites_visit.html

Learn to read.

Correct. No swastikas. This visit was about 7-8 years ago so way before Donald Trump. I'll explain below

Shut the gently caress up Earwicker. Idiot. Go visit there with a camera and show us what you find.

What I observed reallivedinosaur, which was initially pointed out by my military colleague, were tattoos on inner forearms, necks, collarbones and backs. The tattoos were of stylized eagles that at first glance looked like american bald eagles but were correctly identified by my collegue as WWI german unit symbols. No these were not warhammer 40 double eagles either I would have identified that immediately.

And stuff like this.

Specifically the "x" with a vertical line through it. Above are SS symbols. I did NOT notice jail "white power" tats like fists, 88, etc.

This stuff wasn't obvious, at least to me. That's why I described them as "pro-german" tats.

There's a WW2 memorial in my hometown. It represents the time Nazis invaded Pennsylvania and we fought the Germans on the Lehigh river.

A fort is not a battlefield. There's cold war bases in OK, that doesn't mean we fought Russians there.

Maybe I'm just a racist defending the shitloads of people in my town who wear pro-German tats in memorial to the revolutionary war in the 1860s.

You've now mashed the Revolutionary war, the Civil War, WW1, and WW2 all together. Keep going, you loving dumbass.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Earwicker posted:

man back in my day anyone could call in a bomb threat from a payphone with almost no chance of getting caught because there wasn't cameras all over the place. it was practically routine at colleges during midterms and finals

If you bomb the Pentagon with an airplane they won't catch it on tape, so its still possible

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

XK posted:

There's a WW2 memorial in my hometown. It represents the time Nazis invaded Pennsylvania and we fought the Germans on the Lehigh river.

A fort is not a battlefield. There's cold war bases in OK, that doesn't mean we fought Russians there.

Maybe I'm just a racist defending the shitloads of people in my town who wear pro-German tats in memorial to the revolutionary war in the 1860s.

You've now mashed the Revolutionary war, the Civil War, WW1, and WW2 all together. Keep going, you loving dumbass.

what the gently caress is this post you just made lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

dookifex_maximus posted:

someone noted that while one stick broke easily an entire bundle of sticks could withstand more force, they call this political ideology faggotism

I think Hillary missed an opportunity for the perfect "Stronger Together" logo here.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

You know the Confederacy attacked from Canada right? :cheerdoge:

Just 'cuz he mentioned northern Civil War battlefields.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Earwicker posted:

its a symbol that has always been heavily used by fascists especially in italy and spain. but lots of other people like it too

I want to say I've heard it even in a discussion of the Golden Horde but I can't recall a citation.

:agreed: The bundle of sticks as an analogy for a nation vs individuals is a common observation that has penetrated multiple cultures.

Anyway back to terrorism.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nooner posted:

what the gently caress is this post you just made lol

Hush. I want him to keep posting non-sequitur bullshit.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

no idea what that guy is talking about but the Germans really did have a plot to blow up a railroad in Pennsylvania.

they never got close though it was part of some huge wide scale operation that they bungled at the very beginning

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what were nazis doing in PA?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Nooner posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pastorius

e: trying to sabotage the coal and steel industries

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Nooner posted:

Probly drinking yeungling, eating perogies and getting fat.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

XK posted:

You've now mashed the Revolutionary war, the Civil War, WW1, and WW2 all together.

technically they're all part of the same struggle, as they all have their foundations in the injustices of the old world empires

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Nooner posted:

they didnt even make it to PA they got dropped off by a sub on Long Island and were immediately caught

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
in this context, nazi germany is a neo-imperialist state

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Nooner posted:

They were looking for George Washington.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Helical Nightmares posted:

There was a civil war memorial in Brockport.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/08/top-5-must-see-civil-war-era-sites/

Went to a few of these including Old Stone Fort and Saratoga.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/historical-sites/2015/07/battlefields_military-forts_upstate_ny_historical_sites_visit.html

Learn to read.

Correct. No swastikas. This visit was about 7-8 years ago so way before Donald Trump. I'll explain below

Shut the gently caress up Earwicker. Idiot. Go visit there with a camera and show us what you find.

What I observed reallivedinosaur, which was initially pointed out by my military colleague, were tattoos on inner forearms, necks, collarbones and backs. The tattoos were of stylized eagles that at first glance looked like american bald eagles but were correctly identified by my collegue as WWI german unit symbols. No these were not warhammer 40 double eagles either I would have identified that immediately.

And stuff like this.

Specifically the "x" with a vertical line through it. Above are SS symbols. I did NOT notice jail "white power" tats like fists, 88, etc.

This stuff wasn't obvious, at least to me. That's why I described them as "pro-german" tats.

#32 were so pissed about their battle symbol I bet. Bunch of pussies.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did they catch the real killer yet?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
does drinking Jagger bombs make me a nazi now cause that #45 has me feeling nervous

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

how about those muslims wow crazy right whoda guessed

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
hey guys can someone post the comic where all the white people are going, please be white please be white cause I need a laugh

of course it's muslims

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I don't have any idea how the thread got here. My only angle was that civil war battlefields north of Albany, NY was too silly to let go.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Nooner posted:

does drinking Jagger bombs make me a nazi now cause that #45 has me feeling nervous

drinking jager bombs def makes you a worse than a nazi so it wont matter

Nermal
Mar 16, 2004
Hey baby, wanna kill all humans?

why are Nazis tattooing themselves with scimitars (19)

the greeks were right, the euro is a Nazi plot (3)

i thought the Starks were the good guys, have i been rooting for Nazis (41)

you can pry my Jaeger from my cold, dead Nazi hand (45)

dammit

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

#32 were so pissed about their battle symbol I bet. Bunch of pussies.

a lot of these are the colonial region's SS branch symbols. that scimitar is egypt or turkey perhaps. (19) the reason nazism was able to spread worldwide so quickly was because it represented a revolutionary alternative to the trade oriented socioeconomic system being developed after WW1. this is the very reason neonazism is so prevalent today, it still represents an alternative to the existing system. marxism presents another revolutionary alternative, but one where there are no nations, hierarchies or class systems

Nermal posted:

i thought the Starks were the good guys, have i been rooting for Nazis (41)
dammit

She-wolf of Rome? it's right next to the fasces

check out (27) das marilyn manson korps

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 19, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

XK posted:

I don't have any idea how the thread got here. My only angle was that civil war battlefields north of Albany, NY was too silly to let go.

could have been a vision of the future..

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Beware the Vinyl Hipsters #38

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Earwicker posted:

everybody likes the fasces

lmbo if u take a republic at it's word when it says it's spreading democracy

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

dookifex_maximus posted:

a lot of these are the colonial region's SS branch symbols. that scimitar is egypt or turkey perhaps. (19) the reason nazism was able to spread worldwide so quickly was because it represented a revolutionary alternative to the trade oriented socioeconomic system being developed after WW1. this is the very reason neonazism is so prevalent today, it still represents an alternative to the existing system. marxism presents another revolutionary alternative, but one where there are no nations, hierarchies or class systems

She-wolf of Rome? it's right next to the fasces

check out (27) das marilyn manson korps

32 is a daisy or something? :confused:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

32 is a daisy or something? :confused:

it probably represents the time their great king achmideites lost a battle in 839bc and retreated to a meadow and meditated on a flower then went back to kick some poor saps asses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
now imagine you're making fun of their flower, suddenly they're thinking about their great king and what utter western swine you are and then you're eating a hail of 9mm

• Locked thread