Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mustached5thGrader posted:

If it turns out to be Muslims I might pull a Dennis miller and turn right
it almost certainly will be, but instead of doing this, i'll become even more numb to politics than i already am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

etalian posted:

Also fairly recently a palestinian refugee tried to attack people with a cleaver and got shot to death by the NYPD
i only heard about that yesterday. i guess no one really bothered to make a big deal about it even though a common crime like this gets ramped up to terrorism solely by virtue of the attacker's religion

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

VR Native American posted:

Andy Cuomo says it was a terrorism, but not an international terrorism.
everything cuomo does is to spite de blasio and this is just another way of doing that. gently caress that greasy guinea bastard i hope he gets succesfully primaried

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i love the irony of muslims being called "lone wolf terrorists," a term coined by white nationalists in the '90s

also the word filter that changes h t h to "I'm a huge prick" is A+

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

both the bombs were planted by amateurs. the NJ one didn't even go off right

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

...the gently caress does that mean
de blasio said it wasn't terrorism, so cuomo stressed that it was. he did this because he's a spiteful rear end in a top hat whose first priority is making the mayor look bad

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

side note: it's amazing how quickly media outlets the world over fell in line when ISIS said "please, call us The Islamic State now." generally if a group of extraordinarily lovely people want to be called something, it's your duty to call them something else

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

Making DeBlasio look bad is like making water look wet.
exactly, which makes cuomo's obsession even more baffling

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wikkheiser posted:

Islamic State is the best choice. And yuuuup on the "oh we don't want to give them legitimacy part."
To me it's more like a "we shouldn't call them that because both the group and right-wing people get to point at the name and say 'Look! Islamic is right there in the name!'" Yeah, there's more nuance involved with that name, but both groups of people deal with the world in completely black and white terms.

Also a bomb was neutralized on 27th St. because of a couple of hobos. They ruined the bomb and walked off with the suitcase it was hiding inside.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the Belt Parkway is one of the worst highways in the state so it's not surprising that they might have gotten busted there

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

“If you happen to drive on the Belt, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.” -Scott Stringer, whose office released a study highlighting the streets in NYC most responsible for city settlements

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Node posted:

cool, thoughts and prayers accomplish a lot, it's nice to see something is finally being done about this mess.
looks like someone didn't click the link. it was a joke made a year ago about how the Belt Parkway is the worst road in the city for vehicle-on-vehicle incidents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I would love a domestic terrorist who really is just loving no-joke retarded and whose deeds require no further discussion.
this kid with advanced irony poisoning is close enough

• Locked thread