Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Mayor de Blasio called the explosion an “intentional act,” but not believed to be connected to terrorism.

Yes, because clearly planting multiple explosive devices in dumpsters is not connected to terrorism! Genius!

It's only a prank unless it's Islamic terrorism, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kephael posted:

I like DeBlasio's full on 1984 double speak, the explosion was an "intentional act" but not "terrorism"? Who places IEDs in dumpsters and isn't trying to commit acts of terrorism? I don't think these are science projects gone awry.

From this and my earlier quote I don't know if he's unwilling to call anything domestic terrorism, or if he's taking the bold stance of being a politician who doesn't scream TERROR TERROR TERROR TERRORISM! as his speech.

Probably the former. Nobody has class to avoid the latter.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, like how all history books call Nazis "those kraut shitheads".

We got in early calling the place Germany and them Germans, given they call the place Deutschland and themselves Deutsche. We couldn't have come up with a word that sounds less like their actual name if we tried in our language!

Bonus points for Japan and Nippon as well.

ED: Yeah I know this has nothing to do with it, it's just funny since most non-axis countries (with the exception of Italy) are at least called something close to how they say their own name in their language. Those two we just decided to play "Let's call them something entirely loving different." It'd be like if Germany knew America as Scheiße Land.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 18, 2016

• Locked thread