Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

we do actually, they keep the fuckin tourists out

no they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Kephael posted:

I like DeBlasio's full on 1984 double speak, the explosion was an "intentional act" but not "terrorism"? Who places IEDs in dumpsters and isn't trying to commit acts of terrorism? I don't think these are science projects gone awry.

when i was in high school some kids at a different school put a bunch of explosives in a concrete garbage can with the intent of making a smoke bomb "so big you could see it on weather radar", but being idiot kids they hosed it up and the whole thing violently exploded and a bunch of people were hit with flying chunks of hot concrete, several kids had to be hospitalized.

they were all caught quickly and arrested of course but since it was pre-9/11 no one was calling it an "IED" or terrorism. i cant imagine how that would have gone down had it happened today

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

XK posted:

What do pro-German tats have to do with the Revolutionary war?

descendants of Hessian mercenaries?

for real though I think some goon went to some town in upstate new york and saw like one person with tattoo that they interpreted as "pro-German" and is exaggerating this to be the entirety of the state. probably some biker with an iron cross or something like that

that or it's a picture of the Brazillian flag crossed out with 7-1 underneath

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

man back in my day anyone could call in a bomb threat from a payphone with almost no chance of getting caught because there wasn't cameras all over the place. it was practically routine at colleges during midterms and finals

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

notZaar posted:

Literally every square inch of this country is redneck once you move away from the urban areas, regardless of state, coast, elevation or general political affiliation.

there are little hippy towns scatted here and there, mostly in the west but there are some in the south and east as well.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

notZaar posted:

Why do those not count as redneck in your opinion? They still like trucks and greasy food and fishing and crap

its just a different culture, for example lot of hippies are vegan/vegetarian and dislike like hunting or fishing, which i think are generally pretty important to most rednecks

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Helical Nightmares posted:

Shut the gently caress up Earwicker. Idiot. Go visit there with a camera and show us what you find.

lmao i've been all over upstate new york many times. i dont doubt you saw some people with tattoos but trying to make it out like its some common thing typical of the region is ridiculous

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

could be a local necromancer arranged to have the bodies of a few german wwi battalions imported to upstate new york and then set about awakening them one at a time and reintegrating them into the local culture as sleeper agents, but couldn't afford laser treatments for their tattoos.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

everybody likes the fasces

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

InterFaced posted:

yeah now that you guys pointed out what it is I remember seeing it a bunch of places. I guess I'm not used to seeing a bundle of sticks by itself next to a bunch of SS symbols.

its a symbol that has always been heavily used by fascists especially in italy and spain. but lots of other people like it too

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

no idea what that guy is talking about but the Germans really did have a plot to blow up a railroad in Pennsylvania.

they never got close though it was part of some huge wide scale operation that they bungled at the very beginning

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Nooner posted:

what were nazis doing in PA?

they didnt even make it to PA they got dropped off by a sub on Long Island and were immediately caught

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

XK posted:

I don't have any idea how the thread got here. My only angle was that civil war battlefields north of Albany, NY was too silly to let go.

could have been a vision of the future..

• Locked thread