Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Roylicious posted:

Except in that case that kid was just 'watch me bring some empty briefcase with wires poking out and have everyone trip out' which is basically what Wozniac did (Woz's was worse though) and he didn't actually threaten anyone with anything.

Call up a school and threaten to bomb it and see what happens to you.

he was also repeatedly warned by multiple teachers to put the case away before it stirred up trouble and didn't listen. the entire thing was manufactured by the dad as an excuse to sue the school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

XK posted:

The kid, the school, and the police, all hosed up in that case. The kid didn't make anything, he gutted a clock and jammed it haphazardly in a case. He didn't build or create anything. The school over reacted, and should've given him detention for being a dumbass trying to instigate people after he kept parading around his stupid gutted clock.The police were reliable poo poo heels who handcuffed him and treated him like Bin Laden. They should've walked in, looked at it, told him and the school to stop being idiots, and walked out.

100% agree

I'm amazed at all the free poo poo he got though and how people from MIT and other prestigious schools where lining up to "support" Ahmed and his "clock" despite the details being out that it was in fact a scam

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Do It Once Right posted:

I demand the highest possible standards from 14 year old non-whites getting into DIY electronics. If you don't have your doctorate in electrical and mechanical engineering, just gtfo of the country. Yes, as an adult I build stupid goofy poo poo all the time, but I've earned the right to rest on my laurels. If you're not building me the next iPhone or working 16 hours a day in a sweatshop, you can gently caress right off, kid.

goddamn you are a moron

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

so this guy left fingerprints all over his bombs lol

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS