Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Yesterday, I woke up to find the left side of my face was swelling. This morning I went to the doctor and they said I have an infection of my mastoid bone. They gave me some antibiotics, but if it's not better by tomorrow I'll need to go in for a CAT scan and some stronger drugs. Worst case scenario I'll need surgery to clean out the infected part of the bone.

Mycroft you need to wake up. You went under for surgery twenty hours ago. You're posting in your mind palace. If you don't wake up soon you'll die. Wake up. S.H.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I didn't know bones could get infected

Bones are porous fam.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Don't tell me what things are! :mad:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You are a fish.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

~Do you wanna build a cerebral cortext~

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."

Professor Shark posted:

I didn't know bones could get infected

Some people are just bad to the bone

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Brush your teeth more, dirtball

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Nice one Joey.....

https://www.kookscience.com/arch/Trypanon.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Bones are porous fam.

theyrr rocks pal, ive seen literally scores of them before, all hard rocks

You ever seen an infected stone?

Duh, no

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Good news. The swelling has gone down and the pain has gone away so the doctor said to just continue the antibiotics they proscribed.

Fuuuck!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mycroft Holmes posted:

The worst part was when they injected the antibiotics. They had to go into my buttcheeks.

You had a problem with your head so they fiddled with your rear end? Might want to check that was a real doctor.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
I'm prone to abscesses and have had two of them in my face over the years - right under the eye sockets, both times.

They went in through my eye teeth (sudden epiphany) and on the left one the bit came off the end of the drill.
It was cool, though. They got it out.

Since they were medical emergencies they were covered by health insurance and I got free root canals, I guess.

(I also have had three perianals and two fistulae - if you were curious)

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Peri-anal? weird

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
o no not surgery!!! U CULD DIE

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Good news. The swelling has gone down and the pain has gone away so the doctor said to just continue the antibiotics they proscribed.

oh so they're not going to cut your skull open so this thread is a lie and I'm voting it 1, gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobody speak
Sep 18, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
o cranioplasty wow v srs

• Locked thread