Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Coen brothers movie?
Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
Miller's Crossing
Barton Fink
The Hudsucker Proxy
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Intolerable Cruelty
The Ladykillers
No Country For Old Men
Burn After Reading
A Serious Man
True Grit
Inside Llewyn Davis
Hail, Caesar!
Other
View Results

• Locked thread
GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
im pretty sure i made this thread last year, with the poll and everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Youse fancy-pantses better not be giving Miller's Crossing the high hat!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

What amazes me about the Coens is that they're excellent writers and editors. There are ridiculously few directors who write and edit. Kurosawa is one of the other few.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I remember going into Inside Llewyn Davis knowing nothing about it, and about a quarter of the way through thinking "Boy, this is a lot like O Brother Where Art Thou?" Once I realized it was Coen Bros, I felt a little silly, but O Brother is my favorite movie so I guess it says something about ILD.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
I was always of the impression that their strength was setting re-creation (including characters) to an absurd level. Perhaps some of that is due to the material they adapt, not well-versed there.
A family member with extensive experience in West Texas in the 70s or so was blown away by No Country's setting and characters. Taken as a whole, I wasn't really impressed, but that's from a wholly different viewpoint.

Ladykillers had some enjoyable parts and is probably their only one I've watched more than once.

Hail Caesar was also thoroughly enjoyable as a sort of period piece but had a few dud spots in it.

O Brother and its soundtrack were also good.

Never too taken with Lebowski, and saw True Grit but meh.

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
anton chigurh is tommy lee jones. tommy goes into confront him, he's not there. one time he just misses him and drinks a glass of sweating milk, then he has him cornered and chigurh is gone, because he is a phantom that lives inside of tommy lee jones mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the book was a lot more clear about chigurh getting to the motel after bell had left

also there was a teenage runaway that moss picked up and was found dead in the room they totally left out of the movie

• Locked thread