Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Thug_lyfe.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zereth posted:

My guess is that they gave orders to send seven guys there for some reason last turn, then something before movement phase spawned the shadows.

Alternatively he was just trying to get them killed to get rid of them. No real reason Pan needs to be recruiting generic commanders anyways, even in mo money games.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Gridlocked posted:

Thug_lyfe.png

:in extremely crocodile dundee voice: "That's not a thug."

"THIS..."

"...is a thug!"

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Alternatively he was just trying to get them killed to get rid of them. No real reason Pan needs to be recruiting generic commanders anyways, even in mo money games.

Bingo. I need some commanders about a year earlier to ferry some things around and to build things, and then forgot to stop recruiting them. This was garbage disposal once I remembered.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

AfroSquirrel posted:

Bingo. I need some commanders about a year earlier to ferry some things around and to build things, and then forgot to stop recruiting them. This was garbage disposal once I remembered.

Hey friend could you get on IRC sometime :shobon:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ramc posted:

:in extremely crocodile dundee voice: "That's not a thug."

"THIS..."

"...is a thug!"

Uhhhh I have a troll riding a giant moose. Check fuckin' mate.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Gridlocked posted:

Uhhhh I have a troll riding a giant moose. Check fuckin' mate.

b-b-but look at my expensive vanity project that was never strategically important!

(Everyone post thugs)

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

How are u posted:

Hey friend could you get on IRC sometime :shobon:

*50 turns later*

So we were talking about killing this guy until I got ahold of him through the Lp!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ramc posted:

b-b-but look at my expensive vanity project that was never strategically important!

(Everyone post thugs)

True thugs need to be exceptionally pointlessly silly.

Thugin' up a unit that is only available through a single obscure summon ritual and requires a Gift of Reason to even get started, now that is an exceptionally pointlessly silly waste of resources. Thus perfect in every way.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I just noticed I've forgotten to post video links!

The last turns I posted was 22 and 21, that's a while ago already.

The new turns I've not posted because I'm stupid are:

Caelum Turn 24

Caelum Turn 25

Caelum Turn 26

Caelum Turn 27

Caelum Turn 28

Caelum Turn 29

So, since I don't want to overwhelm you with my crappy videos, let's stop here and give you some time to digest this travesty of video making. Tomorrow I'll post the rest and then we should be back to the current turn.

In case you ask, the video for the Caelum turn 23 does not exist because I accidentally didn't record the turn! :shepface:

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

I wouldn't call thugs useless. A bane/bane lord with a branded sword and crowd control shield will run 20-30 gems and be able to chew through an indefinite number of mundane units. Thugs are one of the easier things to counter but if you're frugal they can cause plenty of nuisance for their cost while you work on your main plan.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
A bit late, but here are the rest of the Caelum-turns:

Caelum Turn 30

Caelum Turn 31

Caelum Turn 32

Caelum Turn 33

Caelum Turn 34

And the turn corresponding to How Are U's last update:

Caelum Turn 35

In this turn, I've already reached Jomon's capital and start battering my mammoths against the gate. (Metaphorically, it's still siege season.)

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

goatface posted:

Yes to both. They do not pick very intelligently though.

Every province has a number starting at 1 in the top left corner of the map. They cast on the lowest numbered province that you haven't searched for that path. You can see what paths have been searched on the province display.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Microcline posted:

I wouldn't call thugs useless. A bane/bane lord with a branded sword and crowd control shield will run 20-30 gems and be able to chew through an indefinite number of mundane units. Thugs are one of the easier things to counter but if you're frugal they can cause plenty of nuisance for their cost while you work on your main plan.

I'm getting close to Siege Golem with gear in my current game.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 36

Turn 36 opens with the claiming of a Throne. We haven’t seen a Throne claimed in a little while, as I suspect all of the Thrones with weak guardians have been taken by this point. Mictlan has claimed the Throne of the Moon:

It’s a pretty nice Throne, I am jealous. The +1 to Growth scales is the real prize here, but the Throne of the Moon also grants +3 Precision to Sacred units. There are very few Sacred troops that primarily use ranged weapons, but Sacred mages casting battlefield evocations would find +3 Precision a sizable buff. This is Mictlan’s first Throne, and we don’t have any idea where that nation is located in the world. For now it is of no real concern to us.

Our site searching is poor this turn, we find only a single +1 water gem site. We now receive a grand total of +2 water gems a turn, which at the very least is enough for our single W2 mage to cast the water remote-search spell without having to alchemize more pearls into water gems. Small victories? We also find this interesting Death site:

I’m not entirely sure what it is good for. It says it boosts Native Province Defense, but when a fort is built in a province the native province defense is overwritten by fort PD. I don’t think this site actually helps us in any way, but serves as an example of some of the neat flavor you can find in Dominions.

[Editor's Note: Turns out the Oath Stone boosts un-forted Province Defense with extra units made up of these nasty fellows here:]

There are a few battle reports this turn, two of which are merely Xibalba throwing lovely troops against us to die:

Frogs make excellent pincushions.

The one report of great interest to us is that of the scout we sent to storm Xibalba’s capitol:

Lot's of poo poo.

Some of the mages present.

…OK! That is a fair amount of poo poo inside that fortress, dang. In addition to the host of summoned chaff units that the AI likes to accrue when it is under siege the Xibalba cap fort contains a bunch of mid and high level mages, a very high level national hero mage, and Xibalba’s Pretender God: a W9 Dragon.

Now, if Xibalba was still being controlled by a human player this would be a nasty nut to crack. That is a lot of mages with a lot of path diversity and ways to wipe out any large army that tries to storm the fort. The AI is neither crafty nor cunning, but honestly through sheer dumb luck and by virtue of having the superior defensive position (not to mention a W9 Dragon!) it would probably be more trouble than it is worth. As much as I’d love to storm the fort and be done with it I think the best choice for right now is to simply maintain the siege while we accomplish other tasks. Xibalba’s god and elite mage corps can rot inside their fort for the near future, and eventually we’ll have the tools we need to clear them out with minimal effort.

There were a couple of interesting unexpected events this turn as well. The first occurred in the Forest of Springs:

This event gives you a random handful of Adventurers and then triggers an independent attack on the province they appear in. Adventurers can be commanders of various types including mages. We got two N2 mages and three generic commanders. Our PD effortlessly beat the independent Dark Vines and mutants that attacked us.

The N2 mages would have been supremely useful for breaking into Nature magic for a nation without native Nature access, but for us they are just additional research. The three generic commander Adventurers we will likely use to lead patrol wolves sometime in the future.

The other event is an assassination attempt on one of our Kohen in our cave:

How rude! The brave Kohen is slain by the demon but slays the beast in death. Well, that’s one dead Kohen we were about to have begin blood hunting in our cave.

Speaking of blood hunting, we are starting two new groups of hunters this turn.

We pulled in 40(!) slaves from Ablach and I am sure we can collect many more in the turns to come.

Next turn: research, magic, logistics!

How are u fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 17, 2016

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Cold aura, fear, have a shield and above-average stats for infantry? It's kind of a shame that site doesn't just let you recruit or summon them, they seem like they'd be an excellent sink for gold or a death mage's time in producing hardy chafe. Granted, I guess it doesn't matter much at this stage of this kind of game, but it would be cool, drat it!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Cold aura, fear, have a shield and above-average stats for infantry? It's kind of a shame that site doesn't just let you recruit or summon them, they seem like they'd be an excellent sink for gold or a death mage's time in producing hardy chafe. Granted, I guess it doesn't matter much at this stage of this kind of game, but it would be cool, drat it!

Yeah, they're actually ridiculously good units to have as part of your Province Defense. In certain situations I think it would entirely worth pumping the PD level of an un-forted province containing the Oath Stone to extreme levels.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Shady Amish Terror posted:

The nordic giant nations can summon them. They just cost 4 death gems each.

edit - Oh, you meant as a site based thing. Yeah, that would be silly powerful.

goatface fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 17, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Since this is a mo'money game, and you're presumably rolling in cash at all times, is there any reason not to pump PD in every province up to at least like 20?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Since this is a mo'money game, and you're presumably rolling in cash at all times, is there any reason not to pump PD in every province up to at least like 20?

Right now no, there is no reason not to have sensible PD everywhere. We get closer to the reason with each passing turn, though.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Leperflesh posted:

We don't have the cash. Our 800g Temples and 1000-1200g forts, plus our terrible Income scales, are squeezing us tight.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Does the Oath Stone affect all your fortress provinces?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Apocron posted:

Pretty sure from the description of the situation that the Oath Stone only affects the province it's in, and not even that if you have a fortress there since that changes your PD composition, which is a drat shame in this case.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Apocron posted:

If it did it would be catastrophically overpowered!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 37

Turn 37 begins with finally reaching the Research milestone of level 6 in Blood Magic. We are pulling in about 2239 points of research a turn and there are 6723 points needed to hit Blood 7, so we will be getting there in the next 3 turns. At some point over the past 5 or 6 turns I came to a realization. The Glorious, Just, and Forthright nation of Gath is very well equipped to utilize some pretty dark loving magics. While we are by nature a Noble and Virtuous people, we have moderate Death access via our Yeddeoni, and we have excellent Blood access by virtue of simply possessing recruitable blood hunters (something most nations cannot claim!). There are certain...strategies that one can access with the right combination of Death and Blood magics. They're not Virtuous, and they're not the strategies of the Champions of Humanity (us, obviously), but they do offer phenomenal power...

We are empowering a D2 Yeddeoni to D3 at the cost of 45 Death gems. That’s a steep price to pay and we are using virtually every Death gem we have, but it will be worth it.

Our remote site-searchers found several sites this turn that net us a total of +2 Air, +1 Earth, and +1 Fire gem. Our Fire and Air income is up to +5 a turn each, which is almost enough to play with. Water remains at a lovely +2, unfortunately. Additionally, the Enchantress that we got this turn ends up being 1F 2N, a useless path combination.

The real disappointment this turn comes from the blood hunting report. Our original group of blood hunters from Ablach capture a respectable 26 slaves, but the two new blood hunting groups we set up last turn catch zero slaves each!! I’m not entirely sure why neither group captured a single slave, but we are going to use some of the Dwarven Hammers we’ve forged over the past few turns to in turn forge SDRs. We’re forging 4 SDRs a turn right now and within a couple more turns we’ll have every one of our hunters equipped. If we don’t start pulling in a lot more blood slaves quick we won’t be able to initiate our Plan.

The one scouted battle report of the turn was of Pangaea stomping some AI Xibalba army, nothing important.

Overkill much, Pangaea?

The fort that we were constructing in Javal Kish, the wasteland province housing the Throne of Death that we took from Xibalba, completed this turn. We are moving the army we had there into an adjacent Xibalban province. The province we are going to take isn’t of any overwhelming strategic value, but every little bit of extra income will help us at this point.

Grab greedily for every single piece of territory possible!

We get an update in the Forest of Springs regarding the Adventurers we rescued last turn:

Sounds exciting!

We also get an event that gives us a free pirate captain and crew, which we promptly send sailing across the small sea to Javal Kish to reinforce the new fort there:

:yarr:

Finally we get one of the goofy random events that I really like that highlights some of the dry Dominions humor:

This turn we are sending a fairly large army of sacred Levite Warriors and Gibborim to take the Throne in the province of Scytha to our southwest. Caelum has been massing an army in one of their provinces adjacent to this Throne and I want to take it before they can. The Throne is guarded by a Titan of Heaven and a bunch of Spring Hawks very similar to the Annunaki of the Sky Throne that Man tried to take last turn. We are not going to use any strategy or tricks other than brute force on this attempt. My hope is that our double-blessed sacreds, especially our elite and powerful Gibborim wielding magic swords, will be enough to punch through the Spring Hawks and take the Throne. This could end up being a bad loss for us, but I think it may be worth a shot. At the worst we lose a big force but at the same time won’t have to pay upkeep on the dead soldiers.

It's time to roll the dice! :rolldice:

Between this turn and the previous turn I was finally able to contact Man’s player on IRC and touch base. Man is content for the moment with eating AI Xibalban territory, which is good. We discussed possible targets to choose once we’ve both finished eating the AI, and I made sure to emphasize how worried I was about Bogarus’ size. I’d love for Man and Bogarus to go to war and leave us in peace, but Man didn’t bite. We ended up making a short, 6 turn NAP after which we pledged to get back in touch and figure out next moves. Six turns should be enough for us to execute the Plan, so I’m happy with having at least that. I figure that the very worst case scenario is that Man plans to attack us in six turns, upon which Pan and I will clobber his poo poo.

Next turn: Throne battle! Blood hunting! Empowerment!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
At this point, does any one nation have enough Thrones to be a genuine danger in terms of grabbing enough to win the game?

Also, are there any thrones more powerful/dangerous than the ones we've seen so far? Or is the Throne of the Sky/Heavens the top level of Throne challenge? And isn't: "Gee, I bet brute force can handle it!" how that one other nation lost a shitload of dudes to the Throne of the Sky earlier in the game? :v:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

PurpleXVI posted:

At this point, does any one nation have enough Thrones to be a genuine danger in terms of grabbing enough to win the game?

Also, are there any thrones more powerful/dangerous than the ones we've seen so far? Or is the Throne of the Sky/Heavens the top level of Throne challenge? And isn't: "Gee, I bet brute force can handle it!" how that one other nation lost a shitload of dudes to the Throne of the Sky earlier in the game? :v:

Good questions!

A couple of things: First, You might have confused Throne Guardians with the Thrones themselves. The Annunaki of the Sky, and his Spring Hawk army, that murdered Man's 500+ strong army is a Throne Guardian. Throne Guardians are just whatever beefed up group of Independents happens to have been generated on a given Throne province. The Thrones themselves are, in the game interface, just special magic sites that need to be "claimed" to unlock their full benefits, and count towards victory points. We don't actually know what Throne that Annunaki of the Sky is guarding, because he hasn't been defeated yet!

Secondly, yeah, we've seen several of the highest level, most dangerous types of Throne Guardian. The Annunaki of the Sky / Titan of Heavens + Spring Hawks combo is very strong. Also, as we've seen earlier the Monolith + several dozen Watchers combo is infuriatingly hard if you can't cast certain spells. So yes, this is top-of-the-pyramid level challenge for Thrones.

Thirdly, in regard to grabbing / rushing Thrones for a surprise win... No. The number of total Thrones, the number of Thrones of various levels, and the total number of victory points required to win the game are all set when the game is created. This game, Mo Money Mo Problems II, has a victory point requirement of 25 points. There are 36 total victory points worth of Thrones present on the map. That means that, in order to win, the victor must control roughly 70% of all of the Thrones. It's a steep victory requirement, and I really doubt anybody will be even capable of trying for it for a long time.

Finally, in regards to "I bet brute force can handle it! :v: " ... Yep! :haw: Like I said, time to roll the dice! We can't let Caelum claim that Throne!

e: Also, our double-blessed Sacreds are a little bit better equipped to take on those types of Throne Defenders than Man's massive army. Our Gibborim have Magic Weapons, which negate the Spring Hawks Ethereal quality. The Gibborim are also big, beefy, regenerate, and reflect damage. All of those qualities give them a much larger advantage against the Spring Hawks than anything Man could field until he built that thug specifically to fight Hawks. I think we've got a fighting chance!

How are u fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 20, 2016

Vauron
Aug 7, 2016

Take your stance
I will give you one fair chance
So let's make this dance a bloody masquerade
If you mean tougher defenders? Not in my experience. However, they are not the most powerful thrones. For instance, Level 3 thrones often aren't included in games because of how ridiculous the Throne of Splendour is. Said throne is one of the many that buff your sacreds. It gives all your sacreds Awe, which can be really nasty if your opponents don't have mindless troops that are strong enough or in large enough numbers to contend with your sacreds.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

That overkill was me Faery-Trodding a reinforcement army to the front lines (hence the massive number of cap-only sacred outta nowhere).

Also, I stopped by IRC a few times but you weren't there.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Wait blood and death that means oh man my worst drat nightmare a most dishonorable victory if you go with that strategy.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AfroSquirrel posted:

That overkill was me Faery-Trodding a reinforcement army to the front lines (hence the massive number of cap-only sacred outta nowhere).

Also, I stopped by IRC a few times but you weren't there.

As someone who often ends up living in a different time zone then most of my fellow players I feel for you, using .tell to send small messages is your friend here.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, you want to be that guy.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Being new to this (Thanks again to How are u for making this Lp fun enough for me to buy the game) I got rather silly excited over claiming a Throne of Shadow or Night which made the world start to turn to eternal night I got no idea if it has any real effect on the game but it was rather cool and exciting to see.

Spoilered the throne effect in case it needed to be.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It does.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Do whatever it takes to win. We can be just and noble after we secure victory. :colbert:

also death and blood? :getin:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Blood and death? Please tell me you're going to swarm the map with vampires.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Turn 38

Friends, this was a good turn.

Turn 38 begins with the claiming of a Throne! Not ours, unfortunately. We see that Man has claimed their first Throne, the Throne of Gaia:

It is a great Throne, and, like so many others, I would love to have it. Solid nature income, but a really lovely +2 to Growth scales.

Our remote searching this turn is poor: we only find one Fire site and gain a sad +1 to Fire income. Disappointing, but I’m not very bothered. Along with all of the messages that indicate failed site-searching spells you can see we have five or six mages casting Pack of Wolves each turn. We are spending our Nature gems hand over fist to summon up a ton of cheap wolves to patrol down unrest as we get this Blood economy going.

Speaking of Blood Economy, take a look at how many slaves we pulled this turn! One hundred and thirty-one slaves from three hunting provinces! We also now have five Kohen forging SDRs with their Dwarven Hammers each and every turn, ensuring that our blood hunters will only become more efficient in the future. I want to start another province blood hunting in the next couple turns because….

This turn we are empowering our special Yeddeoni mage in Blood magic! I also renamed this sorcerer something more befitting the guy who is going to be the catalyst that changes our game.

Next we have battle reports. First we'll check the results of the battle we're all concerned about : our battle in the Throne province of Scytha! Recall that Scytha is guarded by a powerful Titan of Heaven and a flock of Spring Hawks. We brought a mighty army of Sacred soldiers, filled with Vigor, Righteousness, and a burning desire to conquer this world for The Might of Zionism.

On turn 1 Zeus cast Arrow Fend over his army, giving every unit an Air Shield. This would have been a clutch play if our army contained any archers whatsoever. Then, the couple dozen Spring Hawks fly across the field and engage our infantry in melee, where they score a couple of kills.

On our first turn our Kohen Gadol mage-priest cast Divine Blessing, giving every single sacred troop in our host the Blessed attribute. Our infantry strike out against the Spring Hawks, but with mixed results. The Levite Zealots, who are merely slightly better than average human infantry and are armed with mundane swords of bronze, don’t have much of an effect against the magical creatures. Our Gibborim, however, use their magical Dawn Swords to cut through the Spring Hawks' Ethereal defense, and they slay many Hawks with a single blow! Sacred giants are really cool, guys.

The pivotal moment of the battle, however, comes at the beginning of the second round. Zeus is an A7 E4 Titan, basically custom built to cast the extremely deadly battlefield spell Rain of Stones. Rain of Stones is a spell that when cast hits 50% of the entire battlefield (friend and foe) with rocks that rain from the sky. It is incredibly good at killing mass numbers of lightly armored troops, archers, and (most importantly) mages. Zeus casts Rain of Stones and hits a whole poo poo-load of our units. Our Blessed units. Our Blessed units with +HP, Regeneration, and Blood Vengeance:

:byewhore:

The damage reflected back upon Zeus by all of the B9 Blessed units in our army instantly turns the Titan of Heaven into a fine, red mist. The rest of the battle is a rout and we lose a total of 9 units taking a level 3 Throne.

SO, what Throne did we just capture?

Holy poo poo! :popeye:

This is the very best Throne we could ever have asked for. There isn't a single other Throne in the game more useful to a nation like Gath. This is Throne of the Pantokrator, and it is badass. First, see that it spreads Dominion with the strength of SEVEN temples. That is fantastic, that is like 1/3 of our entire temple Dom-spread packed into a single province. We’ve been struggling to scrounge up the gold to build more of our hideously expensive 800g temples, so this Throne is going to be hugely helpful in that regard. Second, the Throne of the Pantokrator gives a +2 Dominion conflict bonus. What that means is that when our Dominion candles bump up against enemy Dominion candles we will have a significant edge in winning that contest.

This is a huge and wonderful win for our nation! We immediately cancel a bunch of mage recruitment across our empire to find the gold to start construction of both a Citadel and a Lab in Scytha. We are not going to claim this Throne until we are better able to defend it, because when we do claim it smart players will probably see exactly why it is hugely dangerous in our hands, and may do something about that.

Other battles from the turn include Caelum losing a fight to AI Jomon:

True Bushido spirit will never die! :shibe:

Pangaea stomping the hell out of a large Xibalba force with a very scary army and losing virtually nothing in return:

Extremely glad we do not have to fight this poo poo.

One of our armies stomping a bunch of lovely Xibalban frog-men in the province of Gemer, adjacent to our Throne of Death province Javal Kish:

I lust for Frog Death!

Gemer contains a Water site, so we are up to an amazing +3 water gems a turn now.

A Pangaean army engages that big force of Shades and Shadows in Pangaea's cave province from a turn or two ago:

Pan almost loses this battle, and only does not (you can see that Pan's army has routed) because Berserk units like Pangaea's Minotaur here get a Morale of 99 and never flee the field. Shades can be dangerous!

We also get attacked by a group of Bloodhenge Druids and Misbred crossbreeds triggered by the special event chain still playing out in the province of Forest of Springs:

Forest friends!

:stare:

We handily slay all of them. I hope we get a worthwhile item or unit out of this soon.

Next turn: Site searching our new Throne province, prepping for war with Man!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And with this, it's time again for the Caelumite View Show. It's like Gath Television, but with more idiocy!

Caelum Turn 36

A short and boring turn, mostly dealing with the AI uprising in Jomon.

Caelum Turn 37

First some pale ones get stabbed and stomped and I learn nothing of my easy victory later when I recruit those bastards myself, then there is lots of scripting and army movements. Riveting!

Caelum Turn 38

Five battles and I only show like 1,5 of them. At least you get to know my thoughts about the Battle of Redbud Grove! Also some pale ones get punched again, who cares.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
What's so super scary about that Pangean army aside from the size?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Centaurs and minotaurs are big beefy dudes and that's a lot of them.

• Locked thread