Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
This is the first one of these I'll be able to follow from the beginning so I'm pretty stoked about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Please do give those goats the gift of reason, that they may stop chewing on and ramming everything in sight, and in this way we might bring about a golden age for goats and goatlike non-goats.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Leperflesh posted:

If you still have enough pearls to Wish, you weren't trying hard enough to win your war.

And anyway the metagame tactic is most effective if "attack me and you, specifically the attacker, will suffer enough that you won't win" is far more effective than "attack me and everyone in the game will suffer." The former discourages an attacker: the latter encourages everyone to gang up and eliminate you as soon as possible.

Well it might not be optimal play, but I sure do love the idea of someone going Sour Grapes Genocide right before losing.

Has anyone ever done that or something similar in a previous SA Dominions game?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Yeah that is one busted 37 year-old. Mountain life is hard life.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Lord Koth posted:

Bogarus has a summon that adds a chance for an extra event to a province - per bird. With good luck scales, this can result in large gains once it's up and running - though still RNG based.

The what?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Boy. I've got a lot to learn about birds and blood and luck before I can hope to be a pro Dom 4 player.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Donkringel posted:

At this point I think there are multiple "Big Bads" and no one can accurately point out whose strategy will run away the game. Bogarus research and bird economy, Gath blood sacrifice and vampires, or Pangaea large gently caress you force of angry animals.

So you're saying that because of bird shenanigans and animal armies, the world could not decide if a sea of murderous vampires was a bad thing or not?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Remind me, what shenanigan awaits us at enchantment 9? Is it that astral nexus spell?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
What are these MA EA LA acronyms?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

AfroSquirrel posted:

...except for LA Pan! The madness and revelry has gone and the magic is in decline, but a new social structure and civilization is developing amongst the beastmen, less rigid than the caste structure that was there before. They've got a better grasp on metalworking and other technologies, and as was mentioned before have turned away from blood sacrifices.

Basically I'm the good guys. Root for me!

This sounds like propaganda and I can't be fooled by your propaganda because I've already bought in to the vampire horde propaganda :colbert:

One day the vampire hordes will get elected and bring back all the coal mining jobs to my town or so is my understanding.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
So if I am understanding this right, Gath is a nation with a ruling class dominated by literal giants, a soldiery dominated by vampires and demons, and a police force made up almost exclusively of wolves? Like, feral wolves? And their economy is completely dependent on - and centered around - the execution of ordinary humans?

Giants and vampires and wolves seem like an unlikely coalition, and I can't imagine why you would stay in Gath if you were just a farmer or something. But I guess the wolves probably make pretty effective emigration police too if there are enough of them.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Dominions: Nothing Was Ever True

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

jBrereton posted:

Not really since they don't blood sac.

What do blood slaves do in nations without blood sacrifice? Are they spent on spells and crafting like any other gem?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Just how many regular vampires are these lords able to summon per turn? Is the ratio we saw in the battle representative of the ratio of normal to lords or were the regular ones over represented because you didn't want to risk lords in battle?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Man's god died from a disease it caught from a dead toad? drat.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

SIGSEGV posted:

The Protection Of Geryon is a unique contract that will drag the killer of the bearer of the contract straight to hell so long as Geryon is in hell.

The Demon of Fraud writes contracts?

Wait what am I saying, of course he does.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Can we get a clarification as to the nature of these goats? Are they normal, everyday eat-a-can goats or are they the goat demons that punch things?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

How are u posted:

They're the badass, hard motherfucker demon goats. There is no way to summon regular, normal goats.

I am relieved but also disappointed. :smith:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
So because Afrosquirrel's autism is waning our collective vision for a vampire future is in jeopardy?

This is dire news for a Friday :ohdear:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I don't trust these new fangled nature worm vampires. Bugs and worms and stuff? Gross. Everyone knows all reputable vampires are of the walking-corpse variety.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

They're more like nature liches really.

That's not much better :colbert:

I don't trust bug and worm collectives to run a world government. I just don't. Maybe if it were a vermin pile, like rats and squirrels and rabbit and weasels and poo poo, I would be more open to the idea.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Shady Amish Terror posted:

That, and/or everybody is working on completely ridiculous impractical superweapons to win the war instead, which I suppose is also not out of the question in Dominions.

I hope this is the case. And I hope the super weapons are even less practical than we could ever imagine!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
This recent battle makes me fear for the future security of my vampire rulers and the giant nation which I have come to love.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Ramc posted:

Look the common people of Gath have lost their supernatural good health and long lives and now exist in a supernatural hellscape of eternal darkness lit only by the occasional bolt of lightning snuffing one of them out. While not huddling in fear from the giants hunting for virgins backed by roving packs of wolves devouring anyone who gets in the way all to fuel some demonic or vampiric nightmare creation being a citizen of Gath is probably really fun.

The vampire I get my news from tells me that this is fake news and that I am not to listen to you any longer.

Also I take offense at your misrepresentation of the roving wolf packs. They don't "devour everyone", they will occasionally maul people to death and leave the corpse where it fell, if they kill you at all. Most of the time they just bite you a bunch of times until you roll over and show your belly. Everyone in Gath knows that if the wolf cops start biting you, you should roll over right away. Don't try to resist and definitely don't run.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Finally we march towards toward the Final Battle and Ramc will be revealed to be a False God.

The humiliation of Ramc -- a goal I was never able to realize in the Dwarf Fortress Arena Challenge thread -- will finally come to pass in a Dom 4 thread.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

drill press corps posted:

Plus, I wanted to be the guy that broke a hundred (ok, 7) hearts when people see a "NEW POST" and it is not the update.

Mission accomplished :smith:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Legendary trollbot OCIHC8 goes out like a chump to a bunch of bird spears but Generic Horror #289 falls asleep and indirectly kills a third of Caelum's army. These are strange times indeed.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Applebee123 posted:

1) Bishop fish with flying/teleport/stealth from items or empowerment can claim any number of thrones in a single turn for any player.

Looking forward to seeing the flying fish priests win the game for Caelum at the last minute.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
But...what became of Gath? What became of the nation of Gath? Did it endure forever? Did the vampires retire to the countryside? Did the number of wolf police decrease?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
The most revealing and horrifying part of this whole lp was when How Are U showed us the "boring part" of the turn logs and revealed just how many "filthy bandits" the wolf patrols were killing every turn in every province. It's on the order of a few dozen in every province every turn.

Now I'm sure that Gath has bigger problems, but still, that seems like a lot. We don't even know how many citizens were maimed by the wolf police, or how many were displaced fleeing one wolf patrol in their home province only to encounter another wolf patrol in another province.

• Locked thread