Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

i didn't read any of this but i want howareu to feel good and popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Sorta this, but substitute "think I'd hate to actually play" with "I just don't care for the diplomacy/social aspect, personally." Which is a shame, because I normally love smashing pixel mans against each other. Most of the time, at least.

i mean, everyone has their likes and dislikes, but the diplo is the only reason i ever really played this game. it's pretty bad on it's own terms and the ai is a dumpster fire

Gridlocked posted:

Maybe I'll give it a crack again in SP though then find a game to pop into and burn up in; I've always wanted to play in a draft game despite not knowing jack about how to actually play well :P

i sigh as i draw my draft rules

(i loving love drafts so i will be easy to talk into running one in the future if you want)

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Ramc posted:

You know, oddly enough there aren't really any bugs of note that come to mind with the game?
mistform/ethereal + blood vengeance/damage reversal might be a bug?

How are u posted:

This totally happens sometimes. Then you lose and just join another game having learned something.

yeah i did all sorts of really bad when i first started playing (now do i other, more complicated, really bad things). it's not a huge deal when you lose because it's generally interesting in some way.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

the great and wise samog is making a mod to make the bad sites good and updating badnations so when those are done i'm gonna run a game with them. join that game, it'll be fun.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Fat Samurai posted:

Man has a hot potato on his hands, diplomatically. "Losing" 2 provinces this early in the game can have some impact, but when a 5 meter tall bully asks you for something is kinda difficult to say no, specially when you're just a non-magical dude with a sword.

sure but look at that map, man has two forts and possibly four consecutive farm provs, so not doing poorly. depending on research they might be able to at least annoy giants to ensure they both lose in a confrontation, especially if man can get someone else involved.

• Locked thread