Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Roylicious posted:

e: how many people did you have to walk up to and ask if you could scan their receipt to save that $16 anyway?

None. When you return your cart, just look for the mile-long $300 receipts in the other carts that the person couldn't be bothered to scan or throw away in its proper place. Works great when they buy a poo poo-load of soda because that's the one thing supermarkets beat Walmart on price and where you can get quite a bit of cash back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

That is exactly what the neighborhood market campaign was designed to do. They never planned to keep the markets open for decades. they wanted to build small stores with low investment, which would kill the Walgreen's across the street, and then they'd shut it down and dump it cheap to the city, knowing the Walgreens was closed and everybody was now driving to the Supercenter a few miles away.

Probably yeah, but the one that got shut down was an old super-center that had been around for years in a middle of nowhere type spot.

I think the only reason it was shut down was so that they could build a slightly larger supercenter literally a street away, likely for some sort of arcane tax code or business rule or some crap like that.

Either way, its a nice library.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bob Quixote posted:

Probably yeah, but the one that got shut down was an old super-center that had been around for years in a middle of nowhere type spot.

I think the only reason it was shut down was so that they could build a slightly larger supercenter literally a street away, likely for some sort of arcane tax code or business rule or some crap like that.

Either way, its a nice library.

yeah, same thing. store rotation, upsizing, cost-to-remodel-this-outweighs-new-store-costs-once-you-factor-in-new-solar-panel-tax-breaks, all that. I don't doubt that they have plans through at least 2040 for poo poo like this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

knuc if u walmart

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Jonny 290 posted:

That is exactly what the neighborhood market campaign was designed to do. They never planned to keep the markets open for decades. they wanted to build small stores with low investment, which would kill the Walgreen's across the street, and then they'd shut it down and dump it cheap to the city, knowing the Walgreens was closed and everybody was now driving to the Supercenter a few miles away.

Interestingly enough, Walgreens demolished all this poo poo on a very busy state route street corner in a town next to mine. Then after they built the actual building, Walgreens decided they didn't want it anymore. So now there's this big new and empty Walgreens shaped building just sitting there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I spent like $120 today at Walmart. I bought some clearance stuff that sells for ~400ish on Amazon, which is where I plan to resell all this crap and should roughly double my money in profits.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what the heck is scanning receipts and how do you get money on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Bob Quixote posted:

A walmart in my home town got shut down so they could build a different walmart somewhere else, and the city bought the building and turned it into a pretty nice public library so at least one good thing has indirectly come from walmart.

So shut down all walmarts everywhere and convert them into public service areas is what I'm saying.

This is a drat good idea shut down every walmart and convert it to a public service area.

• Locked thread